375679posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

dancing_girl

Re: What made me happy today

I put a picture on my profile. T'was easy - why didn't I do it before?
Enjoy Jersey Boys Donna
Stella

Donna_P

im going to london with OH to see the jersey boys and staying over night,
cant wait to spend some time together just the 2 of us
take care ladies see you tomorrow night
Donna
x

Alto

Listening to my lovely daughter and her equally lovely friend rehearse "I know him so well" for the "Songs from the Shows" concert we're doing in aid of cancer charities including BCC (my choice) and the Bedford Hospital Primrose Unit (where I and another member of our local am dram group have our chemo - totally wonderful place).

*** WARNING *** Blatant plug time! *** If you leave near Bedford and want to come along on the 11th or 12th of March, PM me for ticket details or search Facebook for the event " Charity Concert in aid of Cancer Charities "!

Jane xxx

Troymaiden

Meeting my friend from work, having lunch and then visiting work & helping her solve a problem.

A lovely Spring day with loads of superb sunshine :))))

Bird

Having a coffee and a large slice of lemon cake and a good girly natter with my lovely friend :O)

Mezzomamma

A nice long chat on the phone with my youngest, who's going to try to visit for the day on Monday when OH will be away.

Nottsgal

chocs are good. They count towards your 5 a day. Chocolate has beans in and everyone knows beans are good for you - no-one ever said it excludes cocoa beans.

alleycat

getting an email from my friend in moscow xx and eating half a box of chocs and not caring !!!!

A walk in the sunshine along the beach 🙂

Mezzomamma

I'm very happy for you, Chinook. One of mine lives several thousand miles away, so I don't see her often, but at least she isn't in a war zone.

Cheryl

ChoccieMuffin

WMMHT?

Reading Donna's post. I had a quiet chuckle to myself about that one as I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Chinook, just writing the letter can be so refreshing, can't it. I hope you get a suitable reply.

Donna_P

getting 6 toilet rolls for the price of 4

how sad is that, need to get out more

love and hugs

Donna
xx

chinook

Hi Ladies
Two things made me feel good.
Son home from Afghanistan.
Just done a letter to Riadiography department at local Hospital. By the time I'd finished having my 5 year mammogram I was in agony and I felt mentally battered. I thought they should know how I felt.
Regards
Chinook
Love to any Mums with sons and daughters in the armed forces.

Troymaiden

Meeting two friends from Southern BA chapter for coffee & Cakes 🙂

chinook

hi Dizzy22
I know just how you feel. Waiting desperatley for my son to return from his detatchment in Afghanistan. He should be home by the end of the week. He's an avionics technician on Chinooks.
Can't wait for a hug.
Regards
Chinook.

We did indeed Donna & 2 rather large but very nice lattes 🙂

Donna_P

thats lovely Sarah,

did you have a cake?

xx

Meeting 2 new friends from here for coffee & chat 🙂

Gwendolyn

Redaing t research has shown that an ingredient in red wine can boost a drug's ability to combat breast cancer! Probably not anything that I'm taking so skipped that bit!

Donna_P

come on over ladies, one dumpling or two?
just make sure you have the windows open on your way home,
as doris day said,,,, welcome to the windy city,
take care ladies
Donna
xx

Modbird88

Thank you Donna for the birthday wishes.

@ MG If we are all going we'll need more than one bottle I'll stop at the off licence on the way xx

Mary_grace

We'll all be round Donna. Shall I bring a bottle of wine?

ChoccieMuffin

Donna, what time is lunch? 😉

Donna_P

modbird88 ----- happy birthday, enjoy your day

bev -- thats wonderful having your daughter home

scrapper --- how are you, ive been thinking about you

im going to make a big pot of stew with dumpings,

love ang hugs all
Donna
xx

Modbird88

It's my birthday and I don't have to go to work. Ok the reason I don't have to go to work is the BC but hey lets be positive and look on the bright side 🙂

Mezzomamma

Wonderful, Bev!

Cheryl

d1zzy22

My DD is home after 4 months in the falklands with the RAF yaaaaay!!!! It's sooo good to give her cuddles again,
Bev xxx

Troymaiden

My lovely friend who knew it was my 1st 14/02 on my own and brought me a pressie and cakes!

Tina45

My first proper haircut since Chemo finished last year in July.

Scrapper

The wonderful people in my life

My partner who is always there and knows when to become invisible lol

My work pals who sent me the most wonderful gift today; no flowers but toiletries galore, face cloths, towels, love film vouchers, cobra beer, choccies and the most beautiful earrings!

I am so grateful

xxxxxx

Gwendolyn

Planting bulbs and looking forward to summer and seeing them.

salcha66

Day 3 after first fec and no side effects feeling well enough to jump on motorbikes today and bomb off to Whitby in the sunshine...priceless

Bird

Being woken up this morning with 12 red roses and a lovely card 🙂

d1zzy22

Sarah have sent you a reply in pm xxx

Sunshine 🙂 & happy for Jane.xx

Alto

Last night - my wonderful son making the Sunday dinner - steak and ale pie and roasties! He's only 16 and I wonder how many of his friends would be able to do what he can? What a star he is!

And today - my gorgeous daughter is coming home from uni tonight for a week-long visit! Not seen her since I started chemo so really looking forward to having my lovely girl home!

Jane xxx

ChoccieMuffin

A very tasty roast dinner with all of my assorted offspring. We had: roast chicken with stuffing, boiled Charlotte spuds (main oven broken so no room for roasties), mashed sweet potato, mashed swede, carrots, peas, leeks, broccoli, green beans, and lush gravy that my daughter makes. I do like a good roast dinner where the meat is actually the least important thing on the plate!

Delicious, and I'm still stuffed but feeling good as I ate a whole week's worth of veg in one meal and there was no room for pudding so I'm feeling virtuous as well!

Bev,

have sent you a pm.xx

d1zzy22

thank you Sarah, it was really great getting my DD's call from airport to let us know she was back on UK soil safe and sound! She will be home monday, can't wait!!
Is your screen name the date you were diagnosed? I got my diagnosis on 3/12/10 and if we were diagnosed the same week we may be about the same stage of treatment. I start chemo on 18th March the day before my eldest daughters baby is due. Hopefully he will be a couple of days early so grandma gets a cuddle very quickly, mind you delivery suite is just downstairs from cancer unit!!!!
Bev x

Troymaiden

Going to visit snowdrop garden with my lovely daughter and finding a friend there too!

blueyegirl

Having a gentle walk in the sunshine with my hubby, followed by a cream tea, which I was still able to taste! Very naughty, but nice! Both unexpected! A good day! x

Bev,

Just wanted to say how wonderful for you, brought a tear to my eye, heres to Monday & a fab reunion for Mum & daughter. Sarahxx

d1zzy22

Knowing my middle daughter is on the 18 hour flight back from The Falklands and I will get lots of cuddles when she gets home on Monday!!! She is in the RAF and has been away since before my diagnosis in december and have missed her dreadfully,
Bev x

Not feeling sick anymore after 1st fec, getting out in the sunshine for a walk through the forest 🙂

Alto

Having DH clipper off my remaining hair this morning! I look so much better and there'll be no more hairs in the food.

And my lovely DH even kissed me on my suede head - what a darling!

Jane xxx

salsasuzi

Deciding to try a weight watchers recipe for pork lasagne and inviting my friends over to help me eat it :-))

looking_lovely

visiting a new clinic out in the middle of nowhere,I had to wait over

lunch time for the pharmacy to open,so I enjoyed a leisurely wander

around in the sunshine,no rush and no stress

watching the clouds being blown by the wind

feeling the sunshine on my skin

feeling a cooling breeze

Janvis

Going out for a meal with my workmates and feeling "normal" for an evening. Plenty of fun and chatter. Really miss it.

Janette xxx

smiley60

Had a fun evening taking part in a quiz with friends and then came home to find the vase of daffodils which were in bud had blosssomed. They looked lovely and made me feel that Spring(and hopefully good health) is on the wayy.

Buzzy

Being able to actually run for a bit on my new treadmill albeit whilst holding sore boob in one hand so it didn't bounce around too much! lol