375793posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

Blue_dragonfly

Re: What made me happy today

For me today was the sunshine and a lovely day out with hubby in Oxford, just walking in the sunshine, looking at the beautiful building, and having a yummy afternoon tea at the Randolph. Fantastic!!!!

Welsh_girl

Meeting up with cancer buddies from this site and just enjoying the complete and utter honesty we shared....
Laughing together about the variety of menopausal symptoms that only we know are horrendous but finding it amazingly funny together!

We're one year on and can laugh again.
Here's to the next year of healthy living.

Welsh girl x

Feemac

Seeing my lovely 17 year old son play with his band on stage for the first time......so proud and so happy to still be here 2 years later, makes all that treatment and recovery worth it to enjoy the happier things in life.

Fee xxx

DilysP

This site and all you lovely women! You have given me so much strength.

Bird

The gorgeous sunshine! Having lunch with a friend and drinking pink coctails! 🐵

ChoccieMuffin

OH getting impatient to go home, which means he's feeling much better today. He's getting stroppy with the doctor who said he can't go home after four days, but maybe, possibly, five. (It'd better be five because if it's six, I'll be having FEC1 so he'll have to stay in until I feel up to picking him up. So there, ner. So five it is!)

madmax71

I got my start date for chemo

looking_lovely

I planted my chilli seedlings into pots today ,next will be chives,

basil and sage

Alto

SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane xxx

Half_Scottish

Oops! Sorry.x

Half_Scottish

Brilliant news, Chinook!A very happy day, indeed!
Nothing so important here, but I did spend an enjoyable period of time just now, watching 4 buzzards a long way overhead, making full use of the thermals, hardly a wingbeat between them, and it was soo lovely against a perfect blue sky. Ooh, better go before I wax too lyrical. Lol!
Happy days to you, too,
Heather.xx

Half_Scottish

Brilliant news, Chinook!A very happy day, indeed!
Nothing so important here, but I did spend an enjoyable period of time just now, watching 4 buzzards a long way overhead, making full use of the thermals, hardly a wingbeat between them, and it was soo lovely against a perfect blue sky. Ooh, better go before I wax too lyrical. Lol!
Happy days to you, too,
Heather.xx

triphazard99

Finding a garage that will fix my car for a third of the price that I was quoted by the dealership.. 🙂 Genuine parts, same quote there, but a fraction of the labour charges. And they can MOT it too, on the same day. Happy, happy, happy...

triphazard99

Woo hoo, that's great cmw! My two eldest did tae-kwon-do when they were primary school age, loved it, but then adolescence hit and they gave up... just as I was thinking I was finally fit enough to maybe start!

cmw

Finding out my daughter has been picked for the England Team for theTaekwon Do World Championships in two weeks time. Shame it is only in Swindon, not somewhere more exotic 🙂

chinook

H Ladies
Just come back from Swaledale. Lots of snowdrops and very small lambs. Found a letter on the mat from Breast Care Services at Pinderfields.I already knew results, all clear, but it was such a lovely letter. It was more like a letter from a friend than a clinic. They were pleased to give me the "all clear" and "delighted" to discharge me from the clinic as it was fifth mammogram since surgery.
Thanks to Kath BCN for making me feel like an idividual.
Happy days
Chinook

Bird

Singing a really cool song with my gorgeous husband 🐵

pinkrose

Good news CM - I'm really glad all went well! Hope you haven't got a hangover this morning!

madmax71

Was that my 7 year old daugther brought me a pink bandana for when i start chemo and lose my hair my head wont get cold (bless her)

Laraine

Brilliant news CM, have another glass of that rose you deserve it!
Laraine xx

ChoccieMuffin

My lovely man is in the tender care of the intensive care team, his op went "as planned" so nothing untoward (something we all know the fear of!) and all went very well.

I eventually got to see him at around 9.30. Lost count of the tubes and wires coming off him (stopped counting at 15) but he looked like himself, and the staff on ICU were going to wake him up enough to remove breathing equipment so he could breathe on his own. So I made the third one.

Currently celebrating allowing myself to breathe with a glass of rose. Don't ask how many times it's been refilled...

SM422

1 Sunshine
2 Baking banana bread
3 Singing at the top of my voice to my music played loud while baking

Troymaiden

The sunshine

My mate going on a "dirty" weekend - can't wait for the goss when she gets back!! ( we had hilarious discussion about had either of us got any condoms that WERN'T out of date)

Getting video from library DD wanted so we can watch it together :))

ChoccieMuffin

And I CERTAINLY wasn't happy enough about it to post THREE times!

ChoccieMuffin

Didn't make me happy enough to tell you about it twice.

ChoccieMuffin

This didn't make me "happy" today, but did make me laugh.

Got a text from OH's daughter telling me that OH's dog has the runs. Why do I laugh? Because OH said he'd given her her worming tablets last night and I know he'll be very amused when I tell him, as I'M the one who's staying at his house with the dog so I'M the one who's going to have to clean up after her, not him. I bet he did it on purpose, the naughty man! I think I might be nasty to him and tell him when he comes out of theatre so he laughs and it'll hurt! (Would that be too cruel of me? I'm sure he'll find it very amusing and it'd be good to cheer him up.)

Donna_P

CM..... wonderful news about your son and daughter,,, big hugs to you all for your hubbys op,,

Donna
XX

Laraine

Oh CM, I'll keep everything crossed for him too, let us know how he gets on.
Love Laraine xx

ChoccieMuffin

1. Son has finally got a job he was after, following hundreds of applications and dozens of interviews. Had a second interview this morning, got the phone call offering him the job this afternoon, I'm delighted for him.

2. Big daughter bought herself a car, and she's also delighted. So of course mummy is too. (Might come in handy for chemo sessions...)

3. Still waiting for number three, but I have everything crossed for OH. But no news is definitely good news in this instance, should be out of theatre in a couple of hours.

scottishlass

Watching the birds queue up for their turn in the bird bath I scrubbed out this morning......they seem to like the warm water I put in!

Bird

Entering the Race For Life. Never done it before. Should be a fabulous day. :0)

GingerLaces

Hi Alto - FEC 2 on Wednesday and steroids also doing same to me but only I'm picking up my own hair!! May have to give up this hoovering lark. Adi x

Alto

Steroids - giving me the energy to vacuum up all the dog hairs I've been sitting and looking at since FEC3 two days ago!

Jane xxx

chinook

Hi Ladies
Just relaxing on my last day off work. I went to my meeting with HR and boss yesterday for my return to work package. I'm going back just mornings for two weeks with odd afternoons. All the things I need have been put into place so I can't wait. Went in to see my children and they gave me a wonderful welcome.I can't wait.
The depression I've been through, brought on by a whole range of issues but principle by the BC and SE of treatment, has been worse than the surgery itself. Only with the help of the Haven could I have got through it so well.
I hope everyone else gets support in the way they need.
Love to you all.
Chinook.

Minimunchkins

Getting kisses & cuddles from 3yr old GD - first day I was allowed to see her after FEC 1 on Tues 22nd Feb (she had chicken pox).

dmh64

Working this morning, having lunch with my daugher, then a spot of light shopping 🙂 Great day. x

ratsypan

My 9 year old son being picked to train with brighton and hove cricket club as he showed a natural ability (don't know where he gets it from as I'm rubbish at catching!)

Troymaiden

WBC gone up so I could have FEC 2 !

Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine 🙂

GingerLaces

Mary grace well done on your clear margins - glad to see you smiling. Alto - amazing what these little things that are friends do for us. Keep smiling x Adi

Mary_grace

Clear margins, yay! x

Alto

Getting a lovely surprise in the post today. An old school friend who I discovered recently on Facebook but haven't met for over twenty years has sent me a gift of an M&S necklace and earrings to cheer me up and help with my commando glamour.

It's quite made my day!

Jane xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Well done Bev, very glad to see someone getting through this without being completely flattened.

GingerLaces

Well done 02102 (think got numbers wrong)!!! FEC 2 seems to be a bit kinder at the minute. Fingers crossed for all of us. Sorry my spelling and remembering stuff has gone out of the window. I used to be a walking directory when I was working. Can't wait to get back just when my doctor will let me. Most people hate work but I lvoe my job (No I am not sad):) Adi x

waking up to sunshine & no ill effects from yesterdays Fec 2 so far 🙂

chinook

Hello DonnaP
You made me laugh out loud this morning. You are a woman after my own heart. I hope Ronan was all you expected.
Happy Days
Chinook

Bird

Simply coming home after treatment. Nowt quite like home 🙂

Half_Scottish

Hi Chinook,
Firstly, you were right, my talk did go down very well, which made me more than happy today!
Ooh, Dumfries and Galloway, how lovely, we haven't been there for about 8 years.Can you feel my envy?:-) I have never been to Skye, not yet, anyway.We are in North East Scotland, Aberdeenshire, and hope to do more travelling now my active treatment is done, there are so many beautiful places in Scotland.
Aahh! Bantams, and hatching chicks! I love chickens in general, but one of my favourite breeds is the Brahma, massive, laid back, feathered legs and feet, fluffy,etc. Crikey, it's a wonder they could stop me talking about my favourite subject today!! I do miss hatching, but we still have 13 cockerels living out the back, too many hatch, I'm afraid.
Yes, us BC sufferers HAVE had, or are having some terrible times, wouldn't wish it on anyone, but we are stronger than we thought, aren't we?
Happy days to you, too,
Heather.xx

Donna_P

of to see BOYZONE tonight,
may come home, may not all depends on Ronan really
xx

Lemongrove

Three things:
(1) Recently met up with my childhood best friend after not seeing her for forty years. Despite the years, it was as though we had only seen each other the day before.

(2) Getting a fantastic bargain. Recently had a browse round Comet, and noticed a beautiful red italian coffee/cappucino maker - but as I have now given up my job, and am living on DLA and ESA, I felt it was a bit of a luxury it that I couldn't afford (it was advertised at £169.00). A week later I was in my local Sainsbury's and they had exactly the same machine, in exactly the same colour. It had been reduced to half price, and then further discounted as an end of line - so as it was £69.00 I got it.
(3) At the reunion with my childhood friend she gave me a bottle of champagne and chocolates. We drank the champagne immediately, but yesterday afternoon, after my pre-op assessment, I sat watching the telly, with a homemade cappucino, and chocolates.

Laraine

I'm finally managing to remove unidentified substance from 3 five month old kittens that I'm fostering for the Cats Protection. Whatever it is has turned all their white bits yellow, but today I can finally see some white bits slowly emerging. Thanks Imperial Leather toilet soap!! Even the stuff they use to get oil off birds didn't work. Yes I'm happy!
Laraine xx