375857posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

ChoccieMuffin

Re: What made me happy today

Yes, it was great fun, and really lovely food. The prawns in particular - yummy!

What else made me happy was coming home to a delivery of a couple of caps I'd ordered, and some scarves, and a couple of Buffs that I REALLY like and I can see myself wearing loads.

Troymaiden

Lunching out with Norberte, CM and Buzzy with some lovely food, all made possible by CM volunteering to be my excellent driver, Thank you for a fantastic day lovely ladies.
XXHXX

pattymi

Lunch out with the girls while still got taste buds, stock up on the good days. Day 2 Tax 2 may have dodgy time soon.
Pat

J01

my kids coming home from school and some encouragement from posts on these forums xxxx

DilysP

Happy Birthday Valentine.

And getting car insurance for half the price made me happy today!

Laraine

Happy birthday Valentine, ENJOY.
Laraine xx

GingerLaces

Happy Birthday Valentine. Hope the sun is shing where you are. As the sun is certainly making me happy. Have a lovely day ladies Adi x

valentine

It's my birthday today!!!
Cards and presents from my husband and daughters, the promise of a chinese takeaway tomorrow night (too busy today with work and running girls to Girls Brigade)Afternoon tea and cakes on Sunday with parents and friends, and a bottle of wine in the firdge for when I get home tonight. Life doesn't get much better.

Buzzy

Earning £50 cash for 2 hours of market research. Easy money!

DilysP

Being at my Breast Unit volunteering and helping, rather than being a patient.

Blue_dragonfly

The sunshine, I even ate my breakfast in my pj sitting in the garden listening to the birds singing, bliss! Spring feels like it's sprung.

horace

You took control-you had it cut-you jumped before you were pushed-you were brave.The sun is shining and chemo will be over before Summer is over.Smile honey-all will be well.

valxxx

silvershar

i wanna post on here usually im positve but my hair gone any one else from Shropshire Cheshire border to help me smile agan?

pattymi

Lovely sunny day, sod housework out to countryside, lunch, country house visit, cream tea walk through the woods watching spring springing. Sooooo much better than fretting about tax 2 tomorrow!

DilysP

A big hug from a District nurse while I was at the GP getting a prescription for my husband. She made my day.

Half_Scottish

Getting the first egg from one of my new Polish Frizzle hens today, especially as my car got s bit of a prang from some guy on Sunday... the connection being we had just picked up the beautiful birds and they were in their cage in the boot!! Priscilla and Petunia were unhurt, like us, thank goodness, but must have thought "what the *+%&?!" Pretty much like WE did.:-)
Hope you're all well,
CM... LOVE the fact that you turned round and did some more shopping after getting the ticket... respect to you!
Heather.xx

lincs_lady

getting the all clear on my 1st mammo yeahhhh

ChoccieMuffin

Meeting up with Sazzie, Peachez and Troymaiden for coffee and cake in Farnham today.

The little old lady at the table beside us was absolutely enthralled with our conversation (we weren't shouting but weren't whispering either) and I'm sure it'll be all round her circle of friends for weeks to come!

Ok, so the scarves I bought on the way back to the car turned out to be rather expensive as I got back to the car after the traffic warden did, but then as I'd already got a ticket I just turned around and went back into town and did some more shopping. Sod it, if I've got to pay £25 for the privilege of parking, I'm going to get my money's worth.

Bird

this gorgeous gorgeous sunshine! fabarooni 🐵

Nottsgal

nice doctor taking half an hour to talk to me. Her surgery will be running late for the whole day now but she was so friendly and caring and actually listened. She referred me to the breast clinic 6 months ago but I hadn't seen her since becasue our surgery has 3 doctors and it's always pot luck who you get when you ask for an appointment.

nickynackynoo

Walking the dog in the sunshine, blossom, catkins, tiny blue scillia, and embarrassing my 13 yr old daughter by waving to her on the school bus, I mean proper waving, arms above head.

pattymi

Fish & chips at the seaside, with an ice-cream cone for afters. Warm sunshine and a walk along the shore.

Troymaiden

Finished potting my sweet peas out in the sunshine without a wbc in sight! (lol)

Donna_P

Alto.. im confussed.com but so glad it made you happy today. now lets get to the swamp

Donna
xx

Alto

Having a week in work mid-chemo and managing to update the A&T help file with all the DfE's statutory changes to the ADT and ALT files for June, thus saving my colleagues from picking up a horribly complex piece of work, earning me an excessive number of brownie points and leaving me feeling insufferably smug.

I realise that will have meant absolutely nothing to (probably) anyone else here, but it made me very happy today - something to tide me over as I head back to the chemo swamp.

Jane xxx

Donna_P

CM... i love maltessers,,, xx

happy_cat

spending time with the 5 feral kittens I am taming!!

ChoccieMuffin

Big bag of maltesers for a quid instead of £1.89. The downside is that my mouth is a bit sore and the inside honeycomb bit irritates, but I do like Maltesers so I'm prepared to make a bit of a sacrifice...

Donna_P

pegging the sheets out on the line and watching them blow...

Mezzomamma

Tax refund for 2 years! No a huge amount, but....

ChoccieMuffin

I have had a very tiring weekend, but it was a non-BC weekend and I was far too busy with other stuff to be stressing about cancer. I'm so bored with the whole thing it was lovely to be able to put it away for a while.

Troymaiden

Sunshine and having good time at Market with my friends and forgetting for once I'm being treated for BC!

What will make me happy is demolishing the chicken currently roasting in the oven! yummy!

Helen xx

Alto

The leg of lamb roasting in the oven and the fact that 3 days before my next poisoning session my tastedbuds (just!) and my digestive system have recovered enough to enjoy it!

Jane xxx

scottishlass

Waking up with two black cats relaxing beside me in bed.

DilysP

My cat who loves me however I look.

madmax71

The wind in my hair that i still have for now

charhie

today is my 35th wedding anniversary and when dx nearly 4 years ago these seems so far away. x

Lisa_x

My son liking my new bald look

Projectwoman

Had Harriet (18 months) to stay for the night last night and for most of the day - super fun playng in the sunshine with a little chatterbox and climber. Then watched rugby with my DH and very good friend and her family. Fantastic!

Troymaiden

Sitting in sunshine making jewellery and potting up my sweet peas 😄

Bird

Sitting in a pub garden enjoying views of the river, soaking up the sun whilst eating great food and catching up with my little bruv who I haven't seen for ages. Fab x

Wandy

Hello CM,

Me too,am addicted!! Not sure I want therapy tho, love this place and although didn't post much before am making up for lost time!!

So this site being back is what has made me really, really happy today!!

Feel I know loads of people just from reading the threads and posts and have got so much info, help and support from everyone.

Saw on another thread that you have been having a rough time. Hope you are feeling better and your OH is doing well.

All best

Wandyx

ChoccieMuffin

Do you think they've got treatment for BCC-forum addiction? If so, I most definitely need it!

chinook

Hello Ladies
We let loose some balloons for Red Nose Day this morning. Sky so clear and blue the balloons went up until they disappeared. The childrens' faces were a picture.
Glad to be back to normal.
Love to all
Chinook

Mezzomamma

Absolutely! The withdrawal has been terrible.

Cheryl

scottishlass

Having the site back on made me happy this afternoon. I have missed my contact with all my friend son here. Love Val

Brilliant news @ lolly73.xxxx

lolly73

Clear mammo and u/s 3 years from dx !!

Mezzomamma

Two sunny mornings in a row, even if this one was frosty, and the hope of warmer spring days to come.

Cheryl

Alto

Sunshine, bird song and the prospect of pancakes!

Jane xxx