375793posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

miniminx

Re: What made me happy today

Sorry but me neither...........positively fed up actually!!!

really sorry xxxxxxxxxx

J01

NOthing!!!!

DilysP

This thread! All these great things happening to everyone. Love it.

Projectwoman

Waking up and actually feeling something like a human being this morning after being wiped out and nauseous all weekend (such a pity as it was so warm and sunny) - still a long way off normal energy etc. but a big improvement!
Yesterday sounds like it was brilliant CM! I read Room about a month ago, and it was better than I was expecting - you are right, very thought provoking.

ChoccieMuffin

Troy, you still on the food thing? At least no bread vans were involved in that one!

Today was a lovely day. Went to the beach with OH, his kids, the dog, the camper van and a barbecue. I now look as if I have been barbecued myself. I put cream all over my bald bonce, face, arms, front of legs... completely forgot to do the back! Coming back felt like the van had heated seats, the backs of my legs are rather pink to put it mildly - Ooops! But it was a lovely day. Read a whole book (Room, very thought-provoking), played with the ball chucker on the beach with the dog, had TWO barbecues, all in all, a lovely day, despite having a cold (sniff).

Hope everyone else had a good day today.

Troymaiden

Roast Beef, Yorkshire pud, roast tatties and LOADS of veggies! Plus a very good friend for company.

Great day - note to self repeat as soon as possible.

XXHXX

DilysP

Getting a call from an old friend and being able to meet him on Tuesday

SadieL

My daughters netball team winning the regional netball league match and getting through to the National Finals!! Wow!!! So top 18 in the country!!! They are so good. I'm so proud!!

Sadie Xx Xx

Blue_dragonfly

Even though I feel down and yuk the sun has lifted me and my mums cooking a roast mmmm can't bet a mums roast, hope everyone is enjoying the sun .
Ruth x

Annie22

Just sold our house!! Happy and relieved, because paying the mortgage and cancer don't mix, but sad, because this has been a happy family home and we wanted to stay here until the kids had really left home. Just got to find something we can fit into that we can afford - in between hospital appointments and treatments. (and happy 'cos the sun is out, of course)

Laraine

Had another bit of good news yesterday, got my bone scan results and bone density has improved! This despite being on Arimidex, so will definately carry on with the Actonel and Calcichew, and the sun is still shining today!
Laraine xx

ChoccieMuffin

Got some energy and feeling really good today.

I've cooked a big bucket of bolognese sauce which is delicious, and will put it in the freezer for when I don't have any oomph. Also going to do a lush stirfry with lots of fresh veg and noodles and ginger and, ooo, lots of stuff. And my big daughter will be coming over to help us eat it, which I'm looking forward to.

And of course the sunshine which always makes me happier.

And congrats to Laraine. I have told my kids that the first one who tells me they're pregnant, I will cry my eyes out, and then I'll be really happy.

Mezzomamma

Laraine, I'm so jealous! I'm not much younger than you and I'm still waiting for a grandchild.

Cheryl

Laraine

My grandson telling me his girlfriend is going to have a baby!! At 66 (although 26 inside!) I don't feel old enough to be a great-grandma but I'm over the moon about it. To top it all the sun is shining.
Laraine xx

Donna_P

CM--- thats sounds so yummy, i feel whatever i eat is as waste as i cant taste...

Cheryl,,, ive sat in the garden and looked at the weeds there is always tomorrow,, take care

SUNSHINE, CLEANING AND WALKING TESS THROUGH THE WOODS,

Nottsgal

Kaz's Pink Road of chemo thread is number 1.

Also hubby just phoned from work to say put some Rose wine in the fridge, ready for a nice glass outside when he comes honme

Mezzomamma

Sitting in the garden long enough to have a couple of mugs of tea without feeling guilty about not weeding. Being able to potter about in the garden for a little while this morning.

Cheryl

madmax71

CM all i can say is hmmmmmmmmm that sounds yummy
what made me happy today SUNSHINE SUNSHINE SUNSHINE
have a great weekend

ChoccieMuffin

Hot roast chicken, lettuce and mayo in still warm from the oven french bread, followed by strawberries and raspberries with cream and meringue. Yum.

I am finally feeling full up and satisfied with my food, and didn't actually eat enough to feed an army.

mazbaz

Being told i only have to have 3 weeks of rads instead of 6. Fantstic. one more fec to go. i can see light at the end of tunnel now. woohoo!

Alto

Knowing that I'm not going to work again until I've finished treatment.
Working on and off through chemo has been OK so far but is just too much now so I'm taking over CM's naps and she can't have them back. Mwahaha...

Jane ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

ChoccieMuffin

Haven't had a nap today - weyhey, I think I might have actually woken up! (FEC2 day 8, it's about bleedin' time.)

Now to go and a do a food shop, then cook something tasty (lord knows what's tasty nowadays though) for a good friend who's popping in for scoff and a catch-up who I haven't seen for ages.

Lovely day today, hope others are also having a good one.

madmax71

Gardening in the gorgeous sunshine
and not feeling any se after yesterdays 2nd fec

Mary_grace

Really good day doing work I enjoy and feeling "normal" x

sky2sea

big basket of yellow flowers from the people at work when i called in today and .... chocolate fingers dunked in my camomile tea 🙂

ChoccieMuffin

Chinook, if it works for you, then it works, end of discussion. (Not sure I'd be so happy the following days, knowing how codeine affects peristalsis, but that's something you may not have a problem with.)

WMMHT? Managed the day with only one snooze, but thoroughly enjoyed the snooze I did have and managed to feel almost awake the rest of the time.

Lovely spring weather. All the trees are starting to turn green and the birdies were positively SHOUTING this evening when we took the dog out.

Crabbies Ginger Beer.

chinook

4 co codamol and a bottle of wine.
Chinook
PS please dont say thats not a good idea. Working with this much pain isn't either.

Layla1

My radiotherapy finished yesterday and I have had the lovliest normal day spending time with my much loved sister (in law) baking cakes, enjoying the sunshine and revelling in the laughter of my 5year old niece splashing in the hot tub. Pure bliss, I now appreciate living in the moment!!!!

DilysP

New tankini! Yeah!

Troymaiden

going to work to escape kids and then being sent to other office as boss had sore throat too!! Yippee, got to see all my friends there as I've been kept in main office since Christmas as supposedly less germy!!

Sunshine and my sweetpeas growing!

Jo_C

Receiving a parcel full of goodies including chocolate from my inlaws - how sweet is that?!

SadieL

Shopping with my Son and treating him to a pile of new clothes. Then sitting in the garden in the sunshine for lunch. Still sitting there now. Hope ive not burnt with chemo skin!!

Sadie Xx Xx

ChoccieMuffin

Congratulations, BD, I hope you have a lovely day today, despite the weather. Sometimes sunshine comes from inside.

Mezzomamma

Congratulations, have a good day despite the weather.

Cheryl

Blue_dragonfly

Being married for 25 years today to a wonderful caring amazing man. And realising what a very lucky girl I am. Sorry if I'm gushing decided to have that type of day spent together, not a bc day. Shame weather is horrid but never mind that's what brollys were invented for.

Blue_dragonfly

Having my 3 and a half yr old granddaughter this morning, and her climbing into bed with me, snuggling down and reading a story together , then later when I got all hot and bothered took off my wig while sitting next to her bald dad, she looked up and went snap. My daughter took a photo of us, definitely one for the photo album or facebook.

Laraine

Well, yesterday actually,
Had a beautiful bouquet delived from my eldest son who lives in France, then met youngest son in Bakewell,& had fish and chips & ice cream walking by the stream. Other son coming to see us next weekend as he was moving house yesterday. What a lovely day!
Laraine xx

ChoccieMuffin

Boys are strange beasts, aren't they, Buzzy!

What made me happy today was a lovely day just monging around. Went to a friend's house at lunchtime (after my morning nap), had lunch with her and her kids and me and most of mine, then we just sat around afterwards and snoozed! Lovely day of doing nothing at all of any importance. Sometimes we just have to have days like that, and enjoy them to their fullest.

And then a nice chat on the phone with another friend from the BCC forums, so I'm very chilled and relaxed, with very few unpleasant (or smelly) SEs from FEC2.

Buzzy

My 16 year old son's Mothers day/Birthday gift to me. A gold heart shaped necklace with the words "I'm lucky to have you as a mum" on. It made me cry as he chose it himself and it is the most sentimental he has ever been!

janipi

All my 5 lovely children and grandson planning a get together, cooking a lovely lunch and making me feel special.

SadieL

Yes, you are right Cheryl, it is the normal things that make me happy! Just sitting at the dinner table surrounded by family laughing and sharing a yummy meal. Listening to my 11 year old telling funny stories and entertaing us all! Im sure he will end up on the stage!
Sadie xx

Mezzomamma

Isn't it great to be able to do normal things, Judy?

Cheryl

DilysP

This thread makes me happy for all of us, at whatever stage. So many happy moments.

judyduddy

Being able (for the first time in 3 weeks after MX and recon) to iron my kids school uniform today.

Mezzomamma

A chance to visit with all 3 children, though one a phone call from San Francisco, and one a short overnight stay.

Projectwoman

Call on skype from my son this morning where I was able to talk to my 2 yr old grandaughter and watch her playing - don't see her too often as she is 200 miles away so it was lovely to have her kissing the screen to say goodbye. Then a visit from my daughter and the 4 year old - first time she had seen me without hair, but she just thought it was really funny. Made me laugh because her daddy is bald and when I told her that my hair would grow again later in the year she asked her dad if he was going to grow some too! very spoilt with flowers choccies and a nice magazine that will help me get through chemo tomorrow and some prezzies to open on my birthday on Tuesday too!

Jo_C

My 7 year old daughter who made me a cake and decorated a little heart shaped box for me for mothers day.

DilysP

Lunch with my step grand daughter who has just been confirmed today, and loads of family to celebrate with her.

sarah68

My son (with a little help from his dad!), making me a lovely brunch of french toast, maple syrup and bacon and a lovely pot of my favourite coffee and I still managed to keep within my weight watcher's points! Not too sure about the yummy lindor chocs he got me, though! Then, dancing and singing to myself to Electronic 80's CD - forgotten how good Alison Moyet and Yazoo and Erasure were! What a silly old git I am!!!!

Bird

Getting another tattoo! 🙂