Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

stargazerlily

Re: What made me happy today

well you being happy, makes us happy 🙂 xxx

ChoccieMuffin

WMMHT is reading so many posts on this thread every day. It's such a boost when I'm feeling down to see so many people just getting on with life, and it's an extra happiness when I'm feeling happy to see that it's OK to feel happy even in the middle of cancer crap.

Thank you, ladies, YOU have made me happy today.

lesleyx

Result of first mammogram after treatment - clear.

Also my first grandchild expected in October is a boy. Not fussed what sex baby was but now I can go on a shopping spree and buy baby clothes other than white.

Wonderful day.

xx

stargazerlily

Finding out my brother in law has got a new job after being made redundant,and they have been so worried about money. My sister has been a great support to me and I hated seeing her struggling, so yes that really made my day. xx

sheil

Lovely post Lucinda
Very happy for you. Happy birthday and many many many more!
Also...............booked accommodation for trip to Tuscany next month 10 days after end of RT. I got cheap flights ages ago but was worried about how I'd be after the treatment. I've only got the boosts to go, and am in pretty good shape, so I decided to go for it. A glass of Chianti anyone??
S

lucinda

61 today!
when I was dx with secs in lungs and exstensive bone mets may 3 years ago I had my funeral planned,life insurance purchased and letters written to all my loved ones.
Now lung mets clear and bone mets stable.Ok so I have arthritis in my ankle and both hands,I feel tired most days and still have pain in my spine.But I am here any enjoying life as much as is possible.
Had a lovely day shopping.Got an annual bonus in my pension so treated myself and hubby took me out tonight for a lovely meal.
Had a lovely day and feel really good, I'll worry about the rest tomorrow.

Linda xx

hipchick

Having the energy to clean my kitchen floor. It really di make me happy. The piece of Gu carrot cake was good too.

GingerLaces

Being able to wonder round M and S, taking my time without any other care in the world. Being able to sit in coffee shop and people watch. Bit of a novelty for me, as have always lead a very busy work life and ME time was limited. Changed my view since all this started. Have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend ladies.

SimplesL

Being measured at the Gym yesterday.

1 inch less on waist; tummmy & arm (overall nearly 4 inches). All in 4 weeks.

Trying on a size smaller tomorrow just to see if I can.

Take care & enjoy Bank Holiday weekend
Lynne

ratsypan

Watching my 7 year old in a tesco fun run and sports day with his class and even managing to do a few laps of running myself. Then getting hair and nails done ready for a holiday to turkey with family and friends. The rest of my family and friends went there last year without me as I was having chemo so this trip seems all the more poignant.
Best wishes everyone
x

Scrapper

Mastectomy Go Ahead!

No More Chemo 🙂

DaisyGirl

Reading the comments on the constipation thread - BRILLIANT!!!!

vee

Baking with my 4 year old grand-daughter for the nursery cafe. Priceless.

ChoccieMuffin

Bev, that's got to be brilliant. I'll be there in just over a month, can't wait. (Would be nice if I didn't have to have two poisonings between now and then but hey, I can cope.)

WMMHT - well it was last Friday actually but I completely forgot to post as I was away. I got a text from a former boss of mine, asking if I was working and did I want a job! I'm gobsmacked by all of these jobs coming out of the woodwork - after months of not having a job, I now have two, and two more have contacted me about work. Amazing, and a great boost to the ego, particularly as I was rather scared of the bloke I spoke to at the weekend and I thought he didn't like me!

Finishing chemo yesterday 🙂

moorcow

Deciding not to wait for the mythical moment when I will have lost the stone I put on during the "treatment year" - went to buy new bras as a treat and the woman serving in John Lewis had just yesterday morning fininshed her tamoxifen after 5 years. We had a great chat, I tried on all the bras she likes, (she like me has a left sided prosthesis) ...felt like proper girle fun with somone I'd never met but have a huge bond with...
Nicola

Mezzomamma

Fastest hospital appointment ever! I'd scarcely sat down when I was called in and I was out again in less than five minutes, before the official appointment time. (I was having the electrodes for a heart monitor removed and when the nurse said 'Do you want me to do this fast?' I said yes. Pretty painless as well. Probably just a precaution.)

Cheryl

Jo_C

One more down, now halfway through although I can't think about it like that as it's too much to deal with.

Alto

Ditto - Reading! 'nuff said.

Jane xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Great stuff, Ninja. Given they were locked away it would have been a real injustice if they weren't covered.

As for WMMHT?

Reading (as in the place, not what you do to books).

Nothing much else to say really, big grins all round!

😄

Ninja

Our stolen mountain bikes are covered by the contents insurance! So we'll only lose £100 excess instead of £1,600 🙂

ChoccieMuffin

Really looking forward to seeing assorted other forum members tomorrow, and the anticipation is what's made me happy today. Had a brilliant weekend seeing friends and spending some relaxing time just with OH and his dog, no kids around, and it was lovely.

Actually, I've been happy for ages!

Mezzomamma

Getting an e-mail with very good news from my youngest sister, who has a long-term medical condition. Along with the sale of her OH's former house, her appeal for the disability payments she really needs has finally been approved. (Not the UK system, so no helpful hints, I'm afraid.)

honeybee121

seeing my daughter and son in law for the first time since xmas and having all my kids together for 1 day (they only came home to pick up there new jag)

GingerLaces

Had my appointment with Oncoligist and he seems happy with the way treatment going - which in turn made me very happy. Felt happy that he examined me as have been worrying about all the lumps from the scars! Assured me that my weight would drop off when chemo finally finishes. Do you think I can hold him to that? 🙂 Do hope he is right. Adi

Bird

Getting an autographed photo from the gorgeous Phillip Glennister aka DCI Gene 'totally delicious' hunt!

SadieL

I normally feel cr** on a Thursday cos of chemo every Monday - but today i feel.......well.......almost 'normal' (whatever that is!). Not attached to the couch and actually sat in the garden in the sunshine for an hour this afternoon! Sunshine on your face - there is nothing better!!

Smiles to all

Sadie Xx Xx

Projectwoman

Having my daughter home from travelling and hearing all about it!

honeybee121

walking to my daughters to find my new grandson crying his little eyes out but as soon as i held him he stopped made me feel so good then i had a very nice 14 yr old autistic boy ask me right out if i had tit cancer !!!!!!! his words not mine but laugh i was crying put a big smile on my face cos not only has this young lad have autism he is also wot they call a mute ( dont talk) and for him to ask me that and wish me well was just fab

ragamuffin

Went to buy Aloe vera gel from Holland & Barrett prior to starting Rads on Tuesday and found it was on special- well so they say.
A 200 ml tube cost £3.79 instead of £5.99

Not having bought it before I don't know if it was for real or just a ploy to sell more of it. Any way it is apparently "on special" until the 26th of May then will revert back to £5.99

francesw

CM - I'd love to get the irons out for golf - house backs onto a golf course! Ever hopeful that chemo SEs settle down....

Projectwoman

Just pottering around the garden, weeding and watching my vegetables grow!

And WBCs up high enough to have FEC tomorrow as it has been delayed from Monday! Xx

moorcow

Laughing my socks off round the kitchen table at breakfast with two women who have holed up at ours for various different reasons ..not used to laughing at breakfast time..bloody brilliant and then when I got to the allotment the beetroot had sprouted after all!!
eee the small things, N

ChoccieMuffin

Do you PLAY golf then, Frances? 😉

francesw

Clearing up two weeks of ironing!! Yes I usually hate doing this job but my Capecitabine sore feet have made it impossible for the 2 weeks of tablets. Stood up pain free to do all the ironing at the end of tablet free third week so no piles of ironing staring at me. Never thought I'd feel good about ironing!!

ChoccieMuffin

Adi, that sort of "inspirational" comment is allowed, because you actually have inspired her to do something (be cheerful), whereas the majority of "inspirational" comments are just a cliche. Well done you for being a good mate.

What made me happy today was seeing my oldest girlie come through the door unexpectedly. Ok, so she only came to use the washing machine and drier, but it's always nice to see her.

GingerLaces

One of my friends telling me how helpful I have been considering what I am going through. Her marriage has just collapsed bless her. I have inspired her by being positive. But as I said to her you will have good and bad days but you need to talk. I think it was the talking that helped her. Just hope she can keep smiling!

Nottsgal

Managed 35 minutes on Wii Fit.

What made me unhappy today - apparently I have a Wii Fit age of 63!

ChoccieMuffin

Stargazerlily - YAY!!!!!!!!!! Fab news, I'm delighted for you. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stargazerlily

Getting a negative result today from my sentinel node biopsy two weeks ago!!! Definitely made me happy!

silvershar

glad ur day was good Terri,enjoy hol and look forward to our next meet up, i am happy today to of had my 4th chemo, 1st of tax and not being sick like on fec!!:)

Terri52

having my hair done this morning while i've still got some.

meeting my friend from work for catch up on gossip and dinner.

starting to pack for holiday to Lake Garda before chemo.

A great day, waving the 2 fingered salute to BC.
T

Alto

Son coming home from his AS Electronics exam with a smile on his face.

Having fun at a LGFB session and coming out feeling happy and relaxed, despite not really being a makeup wearer.

Taking my final post-chemo pill and celebrating with a G&T - first one for months!

Realising that G&T has far more effect on me than it used to - I promptly fell asleep on the sofa for an hour! What a lightweight...

Jane xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Finally managed to get Office installed on my new laptop after two days trying to beat it into submission.

Saw OH today, first time since Saturday.

Had another full day at work, and felt like I'd achieved something despite the mushy peas inside my head where my brain used to be.

Great feedback from a phone interview I had last week, they will want to see me with a view to something at the end of the summer.

Nice weather, and the strawberries on my strawberry planter by my front door haven't been eaten by slugs or snails yet. (must put planter up on bricks...)

Lemon drizzle cake and very tasty cappuccino with my new work colleague.

SadieL

My son running out of the house to give me a massive hug when I came home. It was so nice!!

Sadie Xx Xx

sarah68

Finally getting our patio laid after buying the paving stones 4 years ago - not as bad as bathroom tiling which was 9 years between buying tiles to finish! Call DIY SOS!
Loved Auntie shopping story, truffle shuffle!

Sarahx

soi

Going for a nice walk in the rain and breathing nice clean fresh air. After the 100 deg temperatures and humidity in Thailand where I've been for the last 9 months it was lovely.

Nottsgal

Just been for first dental check-up since chemo and nothing needed! Was dreading being told I had rotten teeth and gum disease, especially as my good intentions of using mouthwash came to nothing as I didn't like the taste when I was already feeling yukky.

ChoccieMuffin

Glad you had a good time, alto, shame I missed it. But probably better for my waistline if last time is anything to go by!

WMMHT? I managed to stay awake for the whole day. Only just, mind, had an online training course and my eyelids got SOOOOO heavy...

SadieL

The hospital actually getting their act together nd not keeping me waiting for hours. In and out in 5 1/2 hrs (usually takes about 8!!!). Still a long time every week, but an improvement. All they have to do now is get rid of the builders as banging, sawing, hammering and chemo does not mix!!!

Sadie Xx Xx