375792posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

mummysboob

Re: What made me happy today

HA! EK made me laugh saying clinker!! fab word for a clingon. sadie, very happy 4 u! dont know wh im so happy 2 day(knackered and xxxtremly sore rad boob) but happy.so there.xxx

hipchick

Reading all the stuff that makes us happy.

ChoccieMuffin

Sadie, that's absolutely brilliant, delighted for you.

Alto, how ARE your ankles nowadays? I bet you'd forgotten what they looked like. You'll be running marathons next!

El Kat, that made me laugh, you funny woman you! Well done for the quick thinking. (Personally I would've just shoved the cat outside and locked the cat flat until it cleaned itself up!)

I forgot to say WMMHT.

Erm... I've forgotten...

El_Katrano

Just had a *really* good laugh as my OH presented our cat's backside to me saying "Look she has a clinker on her a*se" and watched his face fall as I said "Yeah, well get a piece of kitchen roll then and get it off" and he said in horror "what???" and I said "Well, I'm not allowed to touch cat cr*p am I... oh and wash your hands when you're done"

MY cat.... always MY cat when there's trouble.... LOL.......

SadieL

Feeling like it is the first day of the rest of my life. Took the kids to school (often can't) made soup for the week and juiced vej - and it was still only 10am!! Gosh - what good news does for your get up and go (fab scan results yesterday - all secondaries either reduced or GONE!!)

Sadie Xx Xx

ragamuffin

Roast lamb for lunch and it tasted as it should- delicious!

El_Katrano

Being able to confess my fears to my OH and snotting and crying all over him - not really made me happy but it's helped to get some of the emotions out of me which has vastly helped. Also made me feel loved.

Alto

Walking without a stick and rediscovering my ankles beneath the Tax fluid retention!

Great news SadieL - congratulations!!

Jane xxx

SadieL

Scan results!!!! This journey is a roller coaster and this is a good bit!!
Chemo is working!! S Xx Xx

Ninja

Organic porridge! mmmmm

El_Katrano

eating a massive bowl of organic porridge for breakfast and it filled me up, made me feel better and didn't cause indigestion 🙂 Smal things in life...

Ninja

CM - know what you mean about folk telling me that 'being bald suits me'. WTF?
It's prolly my 'beautifully-shaped head'. ARRGHHH

What made me happy this w/e was planning our Road Trip for a couple of year's time. OH is a teacher but I don't get his long hols so summer hols (when not banned by docs like in both 2010 & 2011) are short, expensive, crowded, packed planes/campsites/motorways and full of Other People's Children.

We'd planned to retire before 60 and actually have a longer hol, touring round France, Italy, stopping in B&Bs, maybe in June, September...
Well, with all the cr*p going on in with BC, we both want to go even earlier than planned and hopefully get that RT done! the planning has been wonderful therapy in the middle of a w/e full of nasty SEs.

ChoccieMuffin

A totally delicious roast dinner with a mountain of freshly cooked veg. Bought a great big chicken but almost all of the food on my plate was veggies, JUST what I fancied.

What made me less happy is the mountain of washing-up that nobody else did, and I was busy sleeping off my dinner so I haven't done it either. Oh well, there's always tomorrow...

ChoccieMuffin

A niece of mine came over last night with her cousin (my big girlie). She had been worried at seeing me but was surprised to see me looking pretty much normal - well, normal for me anyhow. She tends to be a bit of a blurter, and actually said the bald look suits me... I didn't make the challenge that she should try it, but it was tempting, more because she's the sort of girl who might even go for it!

Lovely evening, and she'll be over later today (but mainly to use my washing machine - kids never change!)

cadi

What made me happy on Thursday really but I couldn't get on the site yesterday!! I had my 6 monthly onc appointment and all is well which eased my anxiety levels somewhat. Onwards and upwards. Plus the fact that it's another sunny day today.

honeybee121

waking up at 8 am for once not normal 4 am and no sickness got a red face tho lol

Ninja

Had repeat U/S last night. Original one in April 2011 showed extensive mass of tumours in lymph nodes.

Last night, the doc could find only ONE slightly-larger one, and she said it looked 'within normal limits' and without knowing what she knew before, would NOT have called it suspicious in the absence of other symptoms.

3 poison cycles downs, ER works!! Keep the faith, girls (and any boys). I just hope this this will eventually lead to less invasive surgery in Sept/October. In the meantime, I've got the nasty disease in a corner and poking it with a pointy stick.

J01

Sunshine and snoozing, sending OH and the wee man off for haircut and spending an hour with my wee girl, and her looking at me and said..... bearing in mind she adores her brother they are like a pair of magnets!!!!... "It's great when it's just me and you eh mum?" bless.... love to all Jeanette xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Projectwoman

That sounds like the perfect afternoon tea Jane!

Alto

Two lovely things:

1). Booked our holiday for a month after the end of rads - a week in Les Deux Alpes. The alps in summer - all that fresh mountain air and relaxation, nicely finished off with French cheese and wine.

2). Afternoon tea at the Orchard in Grantchester http://www.orchard-grantchester.com/ - well, we do drive past it twice a day to get to and from Addenbrooke's so it would have been rude not to. A lovely pot of tea and the world's biggest scone, topped off with strawberry jam and Rodda's clotted cream. All imbibed whilst sitting on a deck chair in the shade of an apple tree, listening to readings from Shakespeare. I'd have been there still if it had been possible! And is there honey still for tea?

Jane xxx

Projectwoman

Sunshine.
Today was also the end of an era - the caravan that we installed in the garden when we first moved to this house to allow my then 18 yr old daughter to have her own space has finally gone to the scrapyard. Had forgotten just how big the garden really is ( it has been 14 years!) and it's exciting planning how we will use the space!

Laraine

Tuesday actually, being told that suspect lymph nodes under other arm were fine after 2 weeks of worry.
Been stopped smoking 4 weeks now and carbon monoxide test showed 0. Apparently you're classed as a non smoker under 10. The nurse said she'd been stopped for 20 years and scores 2. Must have been the mountain air I was breathing in on holiday last week!! xx

lynny5

Being allowed home from hospital after initially being told I would have to stay in another night. Sooo good to be home.

SadieL

My cleaning lady (yep - would not do without her!!) arrived this morning late and said sorry but she had to explain to her 7 year old why she could not bath her pet worm!! She had a straight face and all I could do was laugh! Must be the best reason for being late for work ever!!

Sadie Xx Xx

ps lovely post PW!!! Hope you are OK Hugs (Xx)

Projectwoman

Hubby taking good care of me and insisting that I called the chemo unit this morning, then that he should take me there and look after me, even though the 4 hours there (I did warn him!)nearly tested his patience to breaking point! Wouldn't swap him for anything.

finty

Oh that is exciting Fran - some of the Olympics (Equestrian) is happening almost on my doorstep, and they are just about to have a dry run for 2012. I still haven't heard whether I've got any tickets for 2012 though - and I thought the deadline was today - I hope that doesn't mean I didn't get any 😞

Re appreciating boundaries - I didn't think I would get any appreciation until they had children of their own, so it's very welcome indeed!

finty x

francesw

Hearing that parents can create boundaries and our children can (eventually) appreciate them. My son is now 19, Flinty, and does not understand why some children are "bored" when there is so much to do in life; we had the Playstation battles and he now he chooses to live without it (most of the time..). Oh it's good to tackle some of society's pressures - but not easy. We should not be the silent majority/minority! Today my son is celebrating getting an interview to help out at the Olympics - so I'm happy too!

finty

Today my 16 year old son was reading an article in The Indie about poor literacy levels in London schools. He then, completely unprompted, thanked me for not giving in and letting him have unfettered access to television and computer games when he was younger (despite his heartfelt protests at the time) and for encouraging his reading habit. Very happy and proud mum today.

finty x

Half_Scottish

Hearing that my first Mammogram after all the treatment has come back "normal", yayy! Hoping that each and everyone of you are having good news during/after treatment, too.
Hugs to all,
Heather.xx

El_Katrano

Leaving the chemo unit 😄 LOL - 4 hours this time, what a waste of a rare sunny day! I'm going to go and sit on the decking in a bit before the chemo catches up with me! Yes ys, sun lotion on, I know. Ha ha.

chinook

Walking 10k this morning in just under 2 hours. I'm walking!!!! (Tamoxifen knees) the Jane Tomlinson 10k in Leeds. Reading the details last night I discovered they open the roads 2hrs from start of race. I was worried I'd get mown down by traffic but it should be OK. My route around home is rather hilly so on the flat in Leeds it should be fine.
Also just caught up with a couple of other posts and discovered that 2 of my Lymphodema tips have been used with succes.
Happy days
Chinook

Little_Miss_Wh

My 5 yr old grandson has learnt to phone me and invited himself to lunch. bless. Chris x

elizabethtrace

watching my daughter dance, with a big smile on her face, so much energy i dont know where she gets it from. She keeps me going with her thoughtful ways, and loving gestures and compliments, (she is only 8).

madmusicgirl

Just found this! - What a great thread.

I'm addicted to herbal tea - and today bought some chamomile and spearmint tea - and it's delicious! (Small mercies!)

francesw

Love the sunshine too El Katrino and had the energy and non-sore feet to walk for over an hour around a nature reserve - very calming looking at all the birds so glad I'm not having to go to work!

El_Katrano

Had some sunshine today in Yorkshire and no bloody rain 🙂 Managed to wash and hang out all my bedding and it's actually dried! So I'll be even happier when I climb into crisp clean bedlinen tonight - it's amazing how easily pleased I am these days - imagine if something really good happened, I'd probably cry with joy 😄

sweetanimo

SecondOpinion all good!

Blue_dragonfly

I've got stubble!!

ChoccieMuffin

😄

moorcow

After reading the lovely poems on "sick to back teeth of" I thought..

There is a young(!!) lass from Newcastle
Who did not with her cancer want to 'battle'
So she swam and she sung
And grew veg in the dung
And just now she is no longer rattled

Marym17

My hair is growing as well! Stubble with couple of longer ones!
Margaret

Alto

3 1/2 weeks after final chemo, drinking my first cup of coffee since Tax 1 wrecked my sense of taste 9 1/2 weeks ago. Still not back to normal but a huge improvement!

Jane xxx

Bird

Buying a new dress, shoes, trousers and a handbag without leaving home! Ebay is such a marvel!!

lucinda

went to Heathrow airport to pick up my son and his wife,home from their honeymoon.They looked so happy and they made me feel really cheerful,Have missed talking to them so much the last month.
It was my son's and my birthday while they were away so some belated celebrating is on the cards!

SadieL

Shopping with my daughter. We had so much fun and she looked wonderful in everything. My energy lasted and we were in town for hours. Had a lovely lunch together nd beats being in hospital (chemo every monday but got this week off - loving it). She is growing up beautifully and allowing me to tag along.

Sadie Xx Xx

ChoccieMuffin

I think my hair's growing back!

My kids think it's disgusting that I've made them touch my scalp and feel the bristles, but we have to torture our kids regularly, it's for their own good!

looking_lovely

reading Choccimuffin's poetry post,humour is such a valuable asset

looking forward to two weeks of school holidays,yeah!!!!

honeybee121

getting out of hosptial after spending the last 3 days in with high temp and low bloods but im home now

Jo_C

That the Dom Peridone is kicking in and nausea is receeding.

KittieKat

A phone call from the hospital yesterday, with an appointment to remove my portacath.

Still got 2 more chemo to do, but that portacath removal afterwards really does signal a milestone for me.

Even more so as I was in a taxi at the time, on the way home from a week in isolation in hospital with neutropenic sepsis.