376349posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

SadieL

Re: What made me happy today

I was tending my sons grave and an elderly man came up to me and gave me a butterfly to add to the collection. He had walked a long way up a slope to give it to me and it was so kind. Thank you.

Sadie Xx Xx

madmax71

MY LAST TAX after 3FEC and 3TAX including this one

elizabethtrace

FINISHED MY RADS, what a relief, onwards and upwards, whooppyyy

a very happy Liz xxx

rach37

hi ladies today i finished a book called the c word by lisa lynch and it was fantastic. shes so funny. shes been through treatment and you must read it ,xxx

DJ007

Thoroughly enjoyed an egg and bacon sandwich before my second tax (nicknamed taxidermy, cos it stuffs you!) and all sense of taste heads for the hills!

Dx

El_Katrano

My window cleaner propped his ladder up against my living room window - I had no coverings on my head, he nearly feel off his ladder when he saw me 😄 Ha ha ha.

Then he awkwardly waved and started whistling to show how unbothered he is by it I think.

When I hobbled out to pay him he looked well awkward and shocked.

I pretended like nothing happened, why? Cos that's how I roll.....

Ha ha, theres a little bit of evil in this one

elizabethtrace

hi dragonfly,

you are not sad, I felt quite touched by your post, my hair is just coming through, although my head all over looks dark and I can feel bristles,

go for a run girl(if you have the energy) and feel the air blowing through it lol,

love and best wishes to you, Liz xxx

Blue_dragonfly

Don't laugh but my hair is just over .5m long and the breeze is making it move, it seem so long since that has happened, just need a baby brush now and 1 or 2 hairs are nearly a inch long, my mum recons we could get a very tiny curler in it. God I'm sad but it's so exciting to see it growing.

nessp

hi everyone, what made me happy today was getting tickets to see George Michael, a walk along the beach on a sunny day and actually feeling great (making the most of it before rads start next week!) 6 weeks since WLE and axillary clearance, before then 7 chemos, 7 months since diagnosis. hugs to everyone xxx Ness xxx

mekalar

Waking up to sun shining through the curtain a cool breeze blowing through the open window & the morning chorus 🙂

janeruth

WMMHT = laying in the sunshine reading a book and for about an hour didn't think about cancer or op on tuesday
Jane

Projectwoman

Lovely afternoon watching two of my grandaughters play in the paddling pool in my garden - happy children playing must be the best sound of summer!

ChoccieMuffin

Well done, Bird. I did my first one last week (before last FEC) and it was very impressive. I had to stop reading the labels on people's backs after a while.

WMMHT? Sleeping and slobbing on the sofa all day. NO energy to do anything at all, so I'm just going with the flow and dozing. Hope there have been lots of peaceful weekends around.

Bird

Doing my first ever Race For Life. What an amazing event. 🙂

El_Katrano

Well I woke up at that magic time of 4am today - went on my Iphone for an hour whilst in bed, reading news, catching up on facebook etc. Then decided I was actually though tired, wide awake.

So crept downstairs and took OH car to the local 24hr Tesco and did a weeks shopping in blissful peace and quiet - only saw 2 other customers in there are 5am. Both of which were men, both of which looked knackered and they'd thrown coats over their jamas 😄

Got home, got dead industrious and did tonnes of cleaning, emptying bins, cooking things up, put washing on, dishwasher, handwashed all my sleep caps/headscarves, brews ready for OH getting up at 6.30, even made his buttys for him for work like a domestic goddess/1950s housewife. Think he was quite shocked to see all I'd done.

I'll be knackered now for rest of day but felt good to get a load of stuff done and to feel well enough, especially after having 1st dose of Taxotere yesterday - sure it'll catch up on me shortly but don't you appreciate it when you can just get on with some life???

This makes me happy!

El_Katrano

Lovely lady doing chemo with me today gave me her magazines at the end of her treatment - a small thing, but soooo good to get magazines I don't have to pay for and much appreciated! How thoughful.

El_Katrano

Cm - I inspired you to do that all did I? And you weren't cursing me afterwards - I'm impressed! It does feel good when it's all done though and you do appreciate it.

x

ChoccieMuffin

What made me happy today is reading so many brilliant stories!

Buzzy, most definitely SEP. (Someone Else's Problem). I generally keep a Buff in my pocket, and when wandering round the supermarket end up shoving it on my head because it gets a bit chilly near the cold cabinets! Darn shame you've had to wave bye bye to your hair again, I thought it looked lovely when we met, I'm sure you wish you'd been able to hang onto it. But good on you for going commando. It's such a personal choice and some people just don't want to, but I have to say I can't be bothered to faff around for the sake of other people's sensibilities, I much prefer letting others get over the shock and just get on with my own thing.

Sadie - WOW!!! Well done to your lovely girlie, I bet you're absolutely bursting with pride. Careful, lack of nasal hair can make those tearfilled moments turn very quickly into snotty moments, so keep some Kleenex handy! ;-D

GIJane, you've earned the right to graduate properly, brilliant that you can be acknowledged. Well done, you should be very proud of yourself.

Daisygirl, these small triumphs do matter so much, and really make us smile. I've managed to scoff one or two strawberries from the pot I shoved on my front step (kids have eaten the rest of them). And the taste REALLY sweet. A bit pricy when you look at what I paid for the plants compared to what you can get in Tesco, but so very worth it.

Nymeria, one word - glamourpuss! You look lovely, as I'm sure you would with or without, but yes, this messes with your head, but you are dealing with it so well, you look delicious!

El K, I didn't bother doing all that prep work, I'm so impressed you're planning ahead for a couple of weeks. (Orange? OMG!!!) I did emulate you a bit today and I'm very happy at my new living room. I accepted my own limitations, knowing I'd never get round to being organised enough to do it myself, and got "a blokey" in to put a pine floor down in my living room to replace the health hazard that my carpet had become. (I won't go into details, suffice to say when I took the rug up the cheapo carpet underneath was a completely different colour.) And while all the furniture was out of the room, I decided I'd spend the evening painting the walls. 3 or 4 hours later, I have a new living room! Chuffed to bits, even though it's only had one coat (and that's as many as it will ever get, I don't think I'll ever get such free access to the walls of my living room again!) and the furniture is still in several piles in the middle of the new floor and scattered around the rest of the house. How ON EARTH did I manage to fit all that junk into that room?!

sarah68

So pleased for you and your daughter - Sadie!

Love, Sarah x

SadieL

My daughter getting straight A's in her end of term grades which is amazing esp as I was diagnosed with secondaries with poor (cr**) prognosis 1/2 way through this term!! She is wonderful and makes me very very happy. I was way off A grades at school!!!!

Buzzy - Well done!! Supermarket shock!

Beverlie - enjoy eating them!!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

beverlie

Getting outside and sowing some radishes
x

Buzzy

I decided to bite the bullet and embrace my bald head and go shopping in Tescos with no wig or hat or scarf! It was very liberating and although I didn't make eye contact with too many people I did manage to clock a few shocked faces! Their problem not mine!

ragamuffin

Well done Bob20 - an amazing feat and amount of money!

El_Katrano

What made ME happy today was my BCN phoning the university and they've agreed to allow me to go to NEXT YEAR's graduation ceremony, when I will be well enough to enjoy it! Result!

Oh it's great having an OH that has these skills but theres a common saying round here "a plumbers tap always leaks" - EG. They do it all day at work so don't want to do it when they get home 😉 I really cannot fault his workmanship and I'm so proud of his skills, he always surpasses my expectations. I'm also a perfectionist and have an eye for detail - so for ME to say this is the bloomin' highest compliment trust me.

Good news for you to go to the graduation ceremony next year - I'm sure you'll have a few glasses of champers to celebrate! Good for you! xxx

GIJaneH

oohh I have a husband like that! He's a structural engineer, now doing DIY, and only perfect is acceptable! Every time I've insisted we get someone in to do something, it's not been "good enough" and I've regretted it... He DID make some furniture a couple of years ago, and it wasn't perfect - took it to bits week before last to do it better - and it's still not perfect! He could do with your OH!!!!

You've done really well EK...

What made ME happy today was my BCN phoning the university and they've agreed to allow me to go to NEXT YEAR's graduation ceremony, when I will be well enough to enjoy it! Result!

DaisyGirl

Had my first crop of green beens in my salad for lunch... all 3 of them lol!

DaisyGirl xx

El_Katrano

Well that's the MOST amount of physical work I've done in about 6 months 😄 But I pushed and pushed myself to finish it today.
I surprised myself there! 🙂
Won't be getting up on our roof and replacing slates just yet though - ha ha.

My OH is a cabinet maker by trade so he's a perfectionist like that -nothing will ever be right unless he does it himself and he hasn't got time so he'll just have to like it won't he? LOL xx

Love your hair by the way!

nymeria

El Katrano - that's amazing, I wish I'd been able to do stuff like that when I was chemo! I hope you didn't need to throttle your OH. 🙂

nymeria

Bob20 - that's brilliant, well done! x

El_Katrano

Bob20 - that is a seriously impressive amount of money you've raised there! Well Bloomin' Done!!!!!

El_Katrano

I managed to do something vaguely normal 🙂

Chemo tomorrow, so spent 5 hours today sanding down 3 doors, doorframes and all the skirting boards in our living room, ready for me to paint in a weeks time when I'll hopefully feel better from chemo.

We bought a "do-er up-per" house 3 years ago and have had a string of very bad luck which means we haven't had the money to do it up, so doing little bits at a time as and when money permits.

The paintwork was a horrible light orange (WTF were they thinking?) so was very hard work and required an orbital sander as well as hand sanding between all the grooves. Layers and Layers of paint.

I can't believe I managed to get it all done today, so I'm very pleased with myself - my hands and arms are KILLING though! Ouch.

If my beloved OH *dares* to tell me I "haven't done it right" I will throttle him, well I will if my arms and hands have recoved by then 😉

Ninja

Well done Bob 20

bob20

What made me happy today (well, yesterday) was taking part in the race for life. I managed to run some of it too and finished in about 45 minutes. Having just finished chemo on the 8th, I'm exhausted now, but happy, and managed to raise £1200 for Cancer Research too.

Al x

nymeria

Thanks everyone! That wig cost £200 and it was worth every penny! I don't wear it that often but when I needed to have a kind of official photo for something I really screwed myself up to make the effort and it was most definitely worth it - bitter sweet but worth it!

Terri52

Nymeria
Saw your profile picture on another thread,I thought what beautiful hair that lady has!! Little did I know! well done you, you look great.
take care
T

Projectwoman

Small but important victory - boss sent out an e-mail to the team, including me, with the consultant only in copy, whoohoo after nearly 4 months I finally exist again!!

SadieL

You look beautiful. Well done!! What an big step for you.
Hugs,
Sadie Xx Xx

mummysboob

nymeria, u look fantastic! well done xxxxx

nymeria

That I finally plucked up the courage not only to have a photo taken of myself but that I tarted myself up and wore my 'posh wig' so that I look very much like I did before chemo etc. It's my new profile pic.

It was a very emotional and difficult thing to do but it makes me happy that I managed to do it. I never thought that something so simple as having a photo taken would be so hard - bc and its treatment really messes with your head.

beverlie

Actually getting dressed before 9.30 in the morning for the first time this week.
x

sarah68

Hi loupylou and all!

I'm a great Nigella fan and I love cooking in general! I urge you to try her peanut butter cups - I saw her make them on a Christmas/party prog. once and they aren't in any of the books I've got - I looked up the recipe online - it's widely posted. They are similar (but better) than Reece's peanut butter cups. One word of warning - they are dangerously addictive and must be approched with caution! Reminds me of Superhans from Peepshow saying that certain banned substances are "very moreish". I'm a total comedy-show anorak/nerd btw! Love to all and lots of happiness too...

Sarah x

loupylou

Cooking Nigellas cherry chocolate cupcakes. So bad they're positively good!!

Projectwoman

Great news Ninja, yippee!
Glad you found some energy Beverlie!
WMMHT - going into the office and talking to my team mates - helped me to get things back in perspective and feel part of things again. Absolutely shattered, but it was worth it. Boss is still not good, but the team think he is just trying to do the right thing badly, and quite honestly he is so far away and we have so little contact at the best of times, I am willing to give the benefit of doubt.

beverlie

Eventually getting out and planting some dwarf french beans, which should have been in weeks ago, emptying AND re-loading the dishwasher - now that made me very happy, strangely.

Ninja

Now they've finally found the primary and analysed it, I've been down-graded! I was provisionally a 3-3 and now I'm a 2-2 so my survival rate has just leapt upwards - YAY!

mummysboob

my sweet 15yr old son giving me flowers this morn that he had hidden in the garage overnight for my birthday today!(30+12 ggrr) little son (6) giving me his beautifully hand written card! and my last rads done today!! yay!! another year older and the rest of my life ahead. cant wait!! happy happy!!!! xxxx

ethlydsyl

am going in on july 5th for a lumpectomy-am doing great usually but feel weepy today-up turns my sister-in law for a brew and we had a good laugh-then my sister took me out to the garden centre-bought some lovely plants for my patio that i'm going to enjoy when i'm lounging after my op-and i treated us both to lunch-i had a gorgeous cheese pie that i never indulge in -wayhey

beverlie

Waking after a full 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and still not feeling nauseous. Hooorah!

My gorgeous daughter's 21st Birthday, she has been a star these last 6 months to me & her little brothers & i hope she has a wonderful day & will always know how very much loved she is 🙂

Projectwoman

At least some of the house is clean and tidy ( for a little while lol!) and my flower Borders are full of random and largely unidentified bedding plants ( seed tray disaster just after planting!) but should at least be colourful when they flower! After a bad night, not feeling too bad this morning, so onwards and upwards!
Also had an unexpected hour with youngest grandaughter last night ( the one on the digger - 21 months old) - guaranteed to make me happy!