373950posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

Marym17

Re: What made me happy today

What made me happy? Went out and more than one person liked my new short hairdo- they didn't know about the BC lol!People I hadn't seen since last year.
Just back from much awaited holiday and feeling great - apart from this annoying tiredness.
Bird- what a lovely award
Hope you don't mind me coming in but this is a lovely thread,
Margaret x x x

Welsh_girl

Well done you!
I hope it helps support your waning self confidence.....
You sound a real asset wherever you are.
Enjoy the praise and thank you for sharing it with us all.

Bird

We have an annual Celebrating Success awards ceremony at work where staff basically get nominations and awards for various acheivements etc...... Anyway I won an award for being bubbly and positive and being a great asset to the hospital!!!! How fabulous! Gave me a real boost to my waning confidence 🙂

scottdolly

I have been looking for a particular red dress for a wedding next week I am attending. I eventually got it miles from where I live and I LOVE it .....x

Africa1

Had a lovely back massage today with alternative therapist, feel so much better for it.

Blessing

Met with my bossom buddy for lunch.
We talked boobs, treatments, reconstructions, kids and future plans.
When I was DX my surgeon said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"..... could have given him a mouthful at the time. 4 years on, guess what; he was right.
Love and empathy
Blessing

Welsh_girl

Fabulous news Shelley.
I'm sure you must be over the moon. You enjoy it.

Lovely news too from Lizzy. How fantastic!
It's so great to read such good pieces of news for a change....
It all has such a positive effect on us all to share it.

Hoping everyone reading is having a better day today.

Welsh girl

Blessing

Shelly,
Fab fab fab.... so pleased for you.
Lizzy... so wonderful, hoping this will lead to a new, positive phase in your life.
Blessing

Lizzy1977

Following yesterday's egg harvesting the hospital have phoned to say they have fertilised them and we have 6 embryos! Very chuffed.
Lizzy

Happy_Carrot

Congratulations Shelley61 - that is truly fantastic news.
Wishing you a happy clear future to come.

What made me happy today - watching my two dogs chase each other and frolic in the sun!

Love to you all, Bella

Shelley61

What made me happy today? Ecstatic more like!!

Clinic appt today for biopsy results - path reports showed tenangiectasia and atypical cells, but both are benign conditions and related to side effects of rads I had 10yrs ago for my first breast cancer.

I'd really thought I had a local recurrence from last year's new primary - but everything's ok. Yep today I'm very happy!

Much love to everyone!
Shelley xxx

Alto

My son and foster son have finally both finished writing their Personal Statements for UCAS.

I think relieved is probably a better word than happy!

Jane xxx

Slendablenda

I know what you mean Super - Richard Fairbrass's Mum bought my flat.
He sat on my sofa, drank my coffee. I KNEW he was hunky when my OH said "I don't know what all the fuss is about"!
Be still my beating heart. Bet your car is gleaming with those muscles..........

supertrouper

Getting my car cleaned by a Richard Fairbrass look alike.....

http://youtu.be/39YUXIKrOFk

applestreet

Visit from my daughter who I haven't seen for a few days. getting over op so it was a lovely surprise.

SadieL

Reflexology, a bit of my body feeling nice!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

Alto

Woohoo @ gill13!!!!

Jane xxx

gill13

bcn called with me with results of bone scan...All clear, so happy :))

madgse62

lunch with a much loved friend i had lost contact with. smiled all the way home in the car.

Alto

Wow Lizzy, that's excellent! 🙂

Jane xxx

Sandytoes

Yay Lizzie! Great news. x

Lizzy1977

pre chemo fertility treatment...egg harvesting today...16 eggs 🙂

whiffy

what has made me happy today......finding this lovely positive thread!

:0)

lisha

My son passed his drivibg tezt yesterday. First time in months i actually cried out of happiness! !

janeruth

went out for a meal last night with hubby. Able to actually taste the food,no metallic taste, no sore mouth and no nausea.

nancyb

walking my two lovely dogs on the beach with my best friend in the world

Blessing

Singing anthems at the top of my (aweful) voice with my 12 year old daughter - all the way from Newcastle to Manchester, in my car.
Simple things are so much sweeter now.
Blessing

queen_of_retai

Seeing my NEW NIPPLE for the first time...... its brilliant!

SimplesL

Went with a couple of friends to a Spa day yesterday. Just the right tonic.

Wonderful back/neck massage & pedicure/mnicure (already chipped a nail). Relaxed in the pool had a good lunch. All in readiness for a friends wedding on Saturday. Sun will hopefully shine for her.

Hopefully take my mind off my first annual mammo next Thursday.

Lynne

Clare37

I drove my car the short journey to tesco to pick up a few things, 1st time ive driven since op and i felt fine, seatbelt did not hurt me.

Im going back to work monday (until chemo starts) and now i know i wont have to rely on two buses to get to work yay 🐵

sunshine_1

After sitting around and feeling sorry for myself, I got up and went out into the garden. The weather is beautiful today. I then planted all my spring bulbs and thought that when they are in flower my treatment will nearly be over, hopefully. Feel much better.

xx

nymeria

3 things have made me happy today:

The fab way we all worked together over that infamous t-shirt and got such a great result.

That I managed to walk from one end of the village to the other without the aid of a walking stick. Okay, so I was knackered when I got home, but it was worth it! 🙂

Bumping into someone I haven't seen since before I started chemo who said 'at least chemo didn't get your hair' and was suitably impressed when I told her I was wearing a wig.

Nymeria x

Slendablenda

My lovely friend taking the trouble to drive quite a long way to come and see me, just for coffee. He brought me some spring bulbs - something positive to look forward to.

supertrouper

Sleeping for 12 hours and then mooching about in PJs with nothing more urgent to do than read the papers.

Also standing outside in the rain with my wig off - feeling the cool rain on my bald head - something I have never experienced before and it felt nice!

DJ007

Spuddling about in my garden.

elizabethtrace

watching my 9 year old son playing football, the energy is endless and keeps me going x

Mary_grace

Forgotten what our swan was called, Lady Heartbrave or something along those lines? Oddly appropriate and sums us all up and indeed also all of the ladies on this forum xx

Alto

Yes! Ride a white swan whilst going round in circles having a fit of the giggles... brilliant!

Jane xxx

Me 3, Jane & MG, loved the swan 🙂 xx

Mary_grace

Me too Jane and Ride a white swan, wasn't that a T Rex song? xx

ragamuffin

Loved the link CM and well done on the working front.

Alto

WMMHT?

Deepening friendships.

Jane xxx

Alto

Going to see my lovely consultant and having an ultrasound this morning after having a scary few days and being told that everything's fine.:)

Oh, and of course - being able to get back on this site from work after having it blocked for a while by our IT boffins who installed a new "let's just block everything" internet monitoring tool while I was off sick. Now if I could just persuade them to unblock Hotmail...

Jane xxx

supertrouper

Very funny indeed - but so were the links to the stories afterwards - "naked drunk man shot down from electricity pylon"???? WTF!!

Anyway - what made me happy today was hearing that my darling daughters blood tests had come back with results no more serious than low iron counts. And making a perfect garlic and rosemary focaccia loaf in my new bread maker.

loupylou

Brill, so funny!

Sandytoes

HAHAHA HEEEEHEEEE hahahaha HA HEEEE!

Thanks for that CM! Cheered up my night!!

ChoccieMuffin

Something else that has made me fall off my chair laughing, so thought I'd share.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/874733-moose-drunk-on-apples-gets-stuck-in-tree

The title of the link says it all, but you HAVE to look at the picture that goes with the story! I'm still hooting just thinking about it. Absolutely brilliant!

queen_of_retai

Well done Choccie!
That's quite a milestone E x

ChoccieMuffin

Three full (and full-on) days at work this week. Feel almost like a normal person!

SadieL

Kids coming home from school both happy with new teachers and new classes! Phew! Lots of smiles from them both and stories about 'who said what' at school! Love it!

Sadie Xx Xx