373942posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

hymil

Re: What made me happy today

Beautiful sunshine, watching the tide race really low and squeezing itself out then racing back full of mud and filling the valley to flood level. Getting my euros 🙂 and running, up, a hill?? crazeee!

Grumpy that's fantastic news, you will need a new screen-name.

I missed profiteroles? definitely not paying attention!

grumpy

Had to see neurologist re:screening for MS (as if there's not enough going on....)
Him - I am so sorry to call you in when you are having all this stress, but I just wanted to tell you face to face that you are in the clear.

Oh bliss!

Magda

My daughter taking me out for lunch, buying me lovely underwear and then me taking my 4 yr old granddaughter to circus school and watching her blossom! Fantastic!

Twinky68

They were yummy CM.....and there were some left but Clare informs me they've all gone! We'll have done with you next time x

Twinky

ChoccieMuffin

Excellent, Twinks! Very jealous of the profiteroles.

Twinky68

An afternoon with Clare

Delicious omelet

Pyramid of profiteroles

PuffyWhiteClou

A really satisfying shift at work 🙂

Bird

Getting my second haircut and colour since regrowth and at last cleaning my car inside and out! Oh yeah and the utterly glorious sunshine! :))

Gilliancw

My daughter telling me I was the best and giving me a hug. Just what I needed. Xx

ChoccieMuffin

Well done, Sadie.

WMMHT? OH took me out for lunch. Roast dinner, £5.95 - a bargain! I always feel better after a nice roast...

SadieL

Bumping as this is one of my fav threads - hope someone is happy today.

Sadie Xx Xx

SadieL

Mine literally ran into a lamp post this week!! All fur and sneezing! It was so funny! He is a huskey trapped in a terriers body - with a very small brain! Bless him.

Sadie Xx Xx

ChoccieMuffin

Dogs are so "in the moment", they really do give lots of respite from the rubbish rattling round our heads. Good to hear others getting such pleasure.

kajyann

Spending time with my beautiful daughter and her adorable chocolate lab, Rosie. We took her to a local Iron Age hill fort - and just walked, talked and laughed at Rosie's antics with a frisbee. And I never thought or talked about cancer once!

Im dead knackered now - but it was worth it and the memory of it will keep me going through my rads this week.

Kaj

xxx

ChoccieMuffin

Walking on the common with the dog and the OH, spending half an hour with nothing inside my head other than "where is that silly dog?" and "ouch, that tree root just bit me!".

simonwithane

Eating a raspberry turnover while watching rubbish tv, priceless!!

grumpy

Decided to give my lopsided boobs nicknames -

DROOPY and PERKY.

So now I can laugh about them instead of snivelling....

supertrouper

Waking up next to my darling husband of 27 years.

hymil

While out running, two lovely older gentlemen. Proper gentlemen not just random men. I'm wearing my macmillan teeshirt (sorry BCC!) cos i am running for them in a half marathon very soon. Well run/walk/crawling... so Yesterday the first gent says encouragingly "Keep going, keep going, you're in the lead" - dam right i am, i have a two week headstart, and it's the only way i will ever be anywhere near the front! Second gent today, I never met him before, neighbour of my friend, sees us running together and says, Are you running for macmillan, they looked after my late lady wife, please may I sponsor you? I didn't even ask! Such kindnesses and encouragements from strangers 🙂

SueRoxy_

A visit from work friends who arrived with flowers, chocs & a new born baby.

Lovely to hold such a gorgeous bundle of hope after such a bad few months

Sue x

potmaid

Getting up, having slept nearly the whole night and not having that hangover feeling ( thanks for the advice on the little blue tablets) so feeling gooooooooooood 🐵

Clare xxx

SadieL

Watching a red balloon bounce along the pavement nd stop at a crossing. It really looked like it was waiting to cross!! Made me smile.

Sadie Xx Xx

tors

Making 87 pancakes with my two little boys and their classes at school. Best day in ages. Loved it.

katytc

Clare, chocciemuffin and twinky xx

Welsh_girl

We loved reading about the chocolate sauce, pancakes and giggles too!
Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to the pictorial evidence soon.

ChoccieMuffin

Pancakes, chocolate sauce and giggles.

rosiechin

Afternoon

Watching two toddlers from down the close
Playing on bikes in bat man and cindrella costumes.
Not a care in the world - brought a smile to me my fourth day
Of chemox

Thanks
Love rosie x

Patchit

I woke myself up snoring this morning and it made me laugh!

ragamuffin

I just ate three pancakes and didn't worry about the weight gain. Yummy!

Welsh_girl

I spent the weekend with a friend after feeling so very awful for such a long time. I'm very depressed and fear I will contaminate others....
She put me on the train this morning and suggested meeting again very soon! It made my day and built up some of that fragile self-confidence I fear I've lost over the past weeks.
Such a dear friend.

SadieL

Hi - CM thx for bumping this thread - one of my fav ones!!

Today I found out a close friend's son was on the coach that crashed coming home from a ski trip. It was a horrid few hours waiting to find out if he was one of the injured. I am delighted to say he is physically ok. So - this made me happy! But - my thoughts are with those who did not get such good news - and the teacher who died. Happy and sad all at the same time!!

Sadie Xx Xx

ChoccieMuffin

Had a massive roast dinner, then went out and walked the OH's dog and my daughter's dog, the weather was lovely if a bit "brisk" but the walk was good, then had a pint in the local pub. First time in weeks that I have felt bordering on human. You have no idea how good that felt.

DJ007

Seeing one of my oldest friends (we've known each other for 38 years, since we were 12!) - she now lives in Germany and I hadn't seen her for 4 years.

annew272

I survived my first full week back at work, have spent a few weeks easing in, I am knackered but it feels good to have been able to do it!

kids2

I went back to my adult tap class for the 1st time in 3 months and it felt great !!!

Jmk30

That sounds great and is exactly what I'm planning to do. She is a diamond. Roll on summer is I can say. Hope we get back to sleep now 🙂

Julie x

Leeds39

I would like to say that My mother in law has offered to pay for our family to have a holiday abroad when my treatment has finished! I cried like a baby! My sons face was a picture. She is even paying for our passports as all expired and spending money.
Isn't that a wonderful thing to do! We asked her to come with and hopefully she will.
Xx

ChoccieMuffin

Can we please have a few more of the little delights of life posted on here? Not the big things that deserve a thread of their own but the original mood of the first posts - just the little things in life that make us smile and sharing life's little triumphs.

What made me happy today was seeing my wee boy for the first time in weeks. He's 25 and 6 ft 1 so I'm using "wee" figuratively, you understand. That was nice in itself, but he and his girlfriend took me and my big girlie out to GBK and we had yummy burgers, AND HE PAID!

So I smiled.

ethlydsyl

getting weighed and i lost 3.5 lbs of the weight i gained from my comfort eating this year ! wayhey-healthy lifestyle here i come x

Lavenderlassie

WMMHT?
Buying a pair of walking boots-at a bargain price too.
Because I am able to join in with my friends doing plant surveys and conservation stuff again, it makes me feel like a kid again
Lavender

Whiterabbit

Getting home, shutting world out & getting into comfy dressing gown & chillin b4 starting dinner!
Alis
Xxx

SadieL

Simple everyday things, like today being able to do the school run......better go!!!

Sadie Xx Xx

bob20

Great news Sheil. I'll have a wee glass of something to celebrate on your behalf too.

Al x

ami

Sheil
Don't know about the "What made me happy today", you must be absolutely "Over the moon"!! So very pleased for you. Go celebrate!!!
Ami xx

sheil

Getting clear result of last week's biopsy. Had lump on top of scar tissue, was almost sure it was cyst, but 'lets biopsy it to put your mind at rest' they said.

But that week's wait, and the hour in waiting room, just took me back to what is almost a year now, where you kind of forget to breathe. So big relief, and now going out to celebrate.

S

lisha

My son (17 years old ) who rarely even notices i exhist unless he wants anything ,bought me a lovely bunch of flowers 🙂 xx

ami

Out of the blue, my husband bought me a beautiful ring for all I've been through with BC.
Ami xx

Alto

WMMHT?

This time last year I still hadn't found my lump. On Christmas Eve I had my WLE and ANC. The run up to last Christmas was quite possibly the most scary and upsetting time of my life.

But today I realised that although it was a miserable, murky, Autumnal day, I was here to enjoy it with my family and therefore it was beautiful. I drove along with a silly grin on my face.

We've only got one shot at life, so let's make the most of it!

And now I'm grinning again!

Jane xxx

Cackles

Fantastic day today. Lovely work collegues e- mailed. They are sooooo caring and supportive. Went to Looking Good Feeling Better session at Oxford Maggies . Now can be human again rather than the pale fat frog look which is not in this season!
District Nurse got Blood from Hickman for a change. Gave him a bottle if red wine in celebration and he smiled!!!
Made Christmas chutney and the odd adaption worked well, it tastes lovely.
I am awake until now and others are about to keep me company!!!
Two lovely friends back from their long holidays so girlie lunches soon.
Husband now very busy at work with lots of interesting commissions. It might get him back into reality after this nightmare.
Big group Hug
Cackles

supertrouper

What made me happy today was my Retro Kenwood Chef mixer arriving. Been looking at buying one of these for ages but couldn't justify the expense - then I spotted this one on ebay for a fraction of the price of a new one and probably without the built in break after 3 years parts that new ones have! Just waiting for enough energy to play with it.