374569posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

livlassie

Re: What made me happy today

Tilliebob-Congratulations. Whats the wee baby's name?

Sadiel- I know how you feel. I hoovered my bedroom and made my bed last night, then had to sit down and rest for half an hour! Still, felt all chuffed with myself! How the goalposts have changed!

Louisa x

SadieL

Managed to go shopping! Real shops, real people. Quite exciting!! Bought a new phone and treated my daughter! Nice to be out and 'normal'......ish!!!

Smiles to all

Sadie Xx Xx

JCJ

And me! 🙂 \_/ x

Elli

Congratulations.

I'm new here, but that made me happy too :-)) x

Eleanor x

tillybob

I just got a first grandchild this morning, a beautiful baby boy.xx

quinny

what made me happy well after we both stopped crying is my 3 year old climbed on my bed and i told him to get off cause fort he was gonna climb over my arm which im 4 day post op from having clearance he said i only wanted to give u kiss so i started crying and said to give me one he wudent but ten mins later came and give me 2 kisses xx

hymil

Finally stopped raining. I love to get out (and am meant to be training for a running event soon) hate hate hate all this "drought" rubbish; where I am it's been peeing down for weeks and weeks and weeks. Or so it seems. Now do I have time for a shower or shall I just go out first?
And, having cake with a good friend.

ChoccieMuffin

SGL , that really made me laugh! Yesterday evening had a house full of teens and they thought I'd gone mad when I burst out laughing!

So WMMHT is that I had a house full of teens and we all had a nice evening.

JCJ

Daughter made 120 mile trip after work to come and surprise me on my birthday! 🙂 Staying until Sunday, and son and family are coming tomorrow too!

stargazerlily

Husband to wife, lets go on the bendy bridge and walk out a bit to sea.
Wife to husband, no it doesnt look safe.
Husband to wife, Its fine, don't be such a chicken.
Wife to husband, hahahahahahahhaha as husband fell off the bridge into the sea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(oh and hubby was fully clothed I might add)!!! My first worry was, is the camera ok!!!

Alto

Finding out that an actress friend of mine has just got a part in the next season of The Borgias (does anyone besides me remember the old BBC series of this? We'd probably laugh if we watched it now!)

Jane xxx

Twinky68

Just booked myself on a LGFB session in June. Falls just before a chemo treatment so I will be feeling good plus I have a wedding to attend a few days later so shall know how to glam myself up!

Twinky x

JCJ

Feeling a bit tired and sore and P***ed off that I have to have rads on my birthday and it's raining AGAIN, so I can't go for a walk to see the bluebells in the wood. (It gets very muddy and I'm terrified of slipping over - even more so than usual!)

Then I received an email from daughter saying she's bought me and OH tickets to penultimate day of AEGON classic tennis at Edgbaston, Birmingham, in June, for our birthdays!! (OH birthday is Mon!):-)

ChoccieMuffin

Grumpy (and very relieved)

That's brilliant news and deserves a thread of its own!

grumpy

Learning that Debs brain surgery has gone extremely well, and that she will make a complete - if slow - recovery.

how wonderful is that....

grumpy

samlou

my wig fringe I meant lol.

samlou

finally found a local hairdresser who will trim my fringe for me!!!

JCJ

Finally saw the woodpecker that, for weeks, I've been able to hear drumming on the tree in the field up the lane! Unfortunately it was in silhouette so I couldn't see what colour it was but I could actually see it drumming. Calmed my rampaging nerves pending 1st RT this afto.

Petal5

Continuing to clean out the loft and finding lots of old scrap books from my school days. Spent ages reading all those newspaper clippings and old school mags. x

ChoccieMuffin

Good phone interview yesterday, good face-to-face today.

Even if I don't get the job (and I won't be massively bothered if I don't, tbh, it's a bit of a schlep) it was both feet back into normality for a few hours. And it felt GOOOODDDD!!!!!

SadieL

Reading this thread always makes me happy!!

Other things.....

Watching my children sleep.
Memories of a lovely weekend messing around in boats!!
The possibility of a non chemo drugs trial - a door slightly open!! Just have to force it open a bit more!!

Sadie Xx Xx

JCJ

WMMHT? 1) spending time at school and the Year 2 kids all greeting me with excitement and asking me if I was back. one little girl gave me a hug and said she's missed me! 🙂

2) Being useful and not thinking about BC, broken legs or hospitals for 2 whole hours!

3) Seeing tiny lambs gambolling in the field on my way home.

tra

what made me happy today is i found the confidence to drive my car. do a little gardening, and then have some of my grandsons bday cake.yummy.xxxxx

hymil

Astonished and delighted to learn today that a woman who I thought had ended her life three years ago after a prolonged struggle with depression is in fact alive and well. (The lady who actually died was somebody else, and obviously still sad for that other lady and her family) I only found out through chance mention by a mutual friend.

Cackles

Pixie your posting made me happy today. I feel less alone. I have an 86yr old mother just like her. The only difference would be she would use a Kaolin poultice!! Every week the Daily Mail wisdom is cut out and kept for me. As for the Dr in the Scottish Ssunday Post!!!!!!!! He can cure anything.
Thank you for the giggle
Crackles

libsue

hymil,

A registrar at my Hospital told me he does visit here occasionally, surely he's not the only one! Or is he? Must say it unnerved me slightly, as I did think some surgeons' or Onc's would perhaps recognise their patients' from the stuff written.

My OH made me feel happy ... he's so understanding; I seem to have one thing or another to complain about each day and he always says 'I wish I could make it better, but unfortunately I can't' He does make it better though, as his compassion and care is reassuring and comforting.

pesteringpixie, the dialogue between your mum and yourself is hilarious1 Bless her...she's a generation or two apart and sounds very quaint.

Libby x

hymil

Nothing to do with cancer but... I found the specs that I thought must have gone in the recycling by accident.

Pixie, your mother made me laugh too, especially how cancer was all right but "that other word" wasn't!! Maybe that's why breast cancer was so much less common in days of old, nothing to do with pollution or lifestyle. I think all oncologists should come here and read from time to time, get the lowdown what it's really all about, pick up the latest recipes, i mean research findings....

supertrouper

Went to a Mind Body and Spirit event today with a like minded girlfriend. I came home calm, refreshed and Happy!

ChoccieMuffin

WMMHT ? Just chillin with my girlies. No major crises, no mad panics, just a bit of gentle doing nuffink.

grumpy

Quinny

I had lymph nodes out after WLE and SNB, and honestly it wasn't that bad. Shoulder stiffness is more of a problem, but because I did the arm exercises like crazy after the first op, I was much better off than the other ladies having lymph nodes done. I had a drain in for a few days, the nurse at the health centre took it out for me and said it was healing well so that was good. Told not to drive for a few weeks - hah! Went to get the dogs from kennels as soon as I could i.e. a few days, but that was only because I had full shoulder movement and could do emergency manouevres easily. Couldn't lift anything heavy on that side, could trigger lymphodema, so got friends to take me to the supermarket for the Big Shopping and carry the bags into the kitchen. Got a bit of cording from armpit to upper arm, so breast clinic sent me for physio and it cleared up in less than a week.
I think the reason the second op is harder is due to having general anaesthetic twice over a short period - it really seems to wear you out.
So if you can get loads of shopping in, make lots of meals to put in the freezer and get OH and kids to peel the spuds, do the washing up and hoovering, I'm sure you'll cope just fine.

all the very best, let us know how you get on.
grumpy

ventura29

PP
I've nearly choked reading that at work!! ha ha very funny xx

mummysboob

bloody brilliant PP!! XX

quinny

whats made me happy coming on here and reading some of the posts i have been crying at the computer my oh and kids are looking at me strange lol ..i dont come on here often as i never no what to say ..i have my second op on 24th of april which im so scared about .its to clear all my lymph nodes out ..has anyone had a second op and was it as bad as first i had lumptomy and slnb in march xx

sharon10w

LMAO .... should it be English, French or Dijon tho ??? 🙂
sharon xxx

Patchit

Pixie, HILARIOUS!!!!!!
Your lovely mum, bless her. xx

pesteringpixie

Not sure about 'happy' - but this certainly made me giggle...

My mother is 82 and phoned last evening to tell me she had been 'thinking' - it went something like this...

M: "I've been thinking'
Me: That's nice.
M: When you were little you had whooping cough and the doctor told me we had to keep your chest warm, so I used to make a bread and mustard poultice and put it on your chest every night to draw it out.
Me: I remember. My skin was so yellow people thought I had jaundice.
M: yes but it worked, you haven't got whooping cough now have you? Anyway, why don't you make a poultice and put it on your, you know on your...
Me: On my what?
M; You know, where you had that lump thing, that they took out in your operation.
Me: Mother, are we talking about ,my breast cancer here?
M; I don't like that word, its not nice.
Me: What, cancer?
M. No not that word, that's all right, that other word you said.
Me; What, breast?
M. (sigh and a tut)
Me; What do you suggest we call it then?
M; We never called it anything in my day! We didn't use those sorts of words.
Me: (loosing the will to live..) so, what is you have been thinking about the lump that I had removed from an area between my belly button and my chin?
M: That you should put a poultice on it, to draw it all out.
Me: All what out?
M. The cancer of course, Aren't you listening?

So there we have it, all the millions that are being raised for research when all they need to do is buy a large white sliced and a tin of Colman's English!!! Shall ensure my onc is fully informed.

ChoccieMuffin

Langdon, that sounds just like what mine would have said! Priceless!

Langdon

My daughter asked me what an innuendo was today and explaining by way of an example I came up with,

"If I held a pear in my hand and said 'I have a lovely pair', this could mean...

At which point she interrupted me to say I understand what you mean but you are wrong - you don't have a pair you only have one! (having had a mastectomy 3 weeks ago)

Kids... don't you love them!

hymil

Mrs Sloth that's wonderful! I'm waiting for the post too, after your contribution I'm now waiting for my hunky Mammoth-o-gram to call (but today it was only a man to read the meter, what a let-down)

Which reminds me of a great cartoon I saw long ago, entitled Computer Dating: "Well, we just fed in your requirements: Tall, athletic, outdoor type, not too talkative... ," as she brings in this gorilla.

grumpy

Getting applause from the rest of the cast for the 5 minute drama what I wrote - MISCOMMUNICATION or The Perils of Internet Chatrooms. I leave it to your imagination......

grumpy

MrsSloth

Stupid thing but I'm waiting for my mammogram results (annual check up as 2 years since original diagnosis)and a friend misread my message as "mammoth". Now can't get the image of a mammoth wandering up the path to the letterbox out of my head!

Twinky68

Buying a beautiful flowering cherry with hubby & lots of plants to put in the various baskets & pots to add a splash of colour to the garden.

mfb

Just seen Chris Rea in concert with hubby - brilliant! Christmas present for OH and me from our very thoughtful Kids! Went in to Birmingham ahead of time and had some Tapas and a stroll along the canal, it has been an unexpectedly beautiful day here.
Sx

vercors

Walking 18 km along the Thames with my daughter.

lollypop59

just been talking to my son and daughterinlaw in australia making arrangments to go over to see them in june, when i have my chemo break x

trudy2010

Watching a lovely pair of bluetits trying out a nest box in my back garden. He seems keen to move in, she's not so sure!

GeorgieB

Getting up expecting rain and it's sunny!

ChoccieMuffin

Meeting some lovely ladies, and realising they were as nervous of meeting new people as I was.

What is it with us ladies? Hugs all round, cos I did get a bit damp-eyed as well.

cm
x

lizcat

Oh well done cheery Grumpy!! Next year you will have a 1st, too!!

Liz x

grumpy

Daffodil and Spring Flower Show in the village -

I got 2nd and 3rd with my mini daffs, that's better than last year when I only got a 3rd!!

cheery Grumpy today