Re: What made me happy today

JCH I LOVE Monkey 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT
I knitted this:
Highlighted

WMMHT, I know I'm a bit of a weirdo, but browsing in Waitrose, buying food for a lovely meal that I'm going to cook tonight to celebrate my wedding anniversary. The being offered a free coffee ( which I don't drink, bit the thought was nice) and a free newspaper.
happy Friday peeps
Highlighted

WMMHT - went to a well known supermarket today, guy just inside the door with table of roses collecting for a Breast Cancer Care Unit. On the way out I stopped and asked which unit he was collecting for, "Genesis" was his reply. He was just about to start telling me about it when I told him I knew all about the Genesis Project; a look of recognition spread across his face, "how are you doing?" he asked hesitantly. "I'm doing absolutely fine thank you" I replied with a big smile on my face, putting my money in his tin. "That's brilliant, take care now" he said beaming as I walked away. Yes I really do feel good today!
Highlighted

WHHMT: Realising nuttiness is a family trait.
Mum and aunt went shopping today, got a 2 hr parking ticket but needed a 3 hr one. So obviously straight away they put more money in the machine to get an hour ticket too. Only then did they realise that ticket would run out an hour before the 2hr one did and they couldn't add it on the end!!! They have had me in stitches!
Highlighted

WMMHT, support from the ladies I've met whilst on this forum, thanks zulika and all and the pm's I've received. Especially yesterday when I was so worried. Best thing about this awful disease, the ladies I have met on this forum, you are all shining stars xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

WMMHT, well yesterday, to be honest, we're 2 things. Firstly, reading Lols message, saying her CT scan is clear. That is great news. Secondly, watching the announcement of the royal baby live on Sky news !! I shed a tear. a moment in history.
Highlighted

WHMMT: Going back to work for the afternoon, to see my fabulous class, was given lots of cards and pressies but the best things were their smiles and all the hugs I got!
Highlighted

WHMMT My very good friend Lou came unexpectedly to visit, and we laughed, and we talked, and the big C didn't get a mention. In the middle of it, but good times go on. X
Highlighted

wmmht
walking 2 miles along the river weaver with my dog, in lovely warm sunshine but with a nice gentle breeze. It's SO good to be warm after 6 months of chemo cold. In fact, today was definitely one of those "good to be alive days"
X Yvonne
Highlighted

Meeting up with Sandy from the Awesome April Angels in Wells next to sea, having a great chat and an even bigger laugh, happy day 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT
finally being able to visualise returning to work
lois, I sympathise re panic attacks as have had several before chemo started but since chemo started I have only had a couple and they were not caused by chemo.
Highlighted

WMMHT I slept all night ( helped my sleeping tablet), didnt wake, therefore no panic attack, crying, . First full nights sleep since dx 17 th may,, lush x
Highlighted

My OH telling me he loved me the person and that's why he is marrying me next May. This followed a melt down by myself that by the time of our wedding I will have lost my hair and may have put on weight.
Sam xx
Highlighted

WMMHT: making iced tea and having the energy to do some housework. Sad, I know! Now watching Indiana Jones so life is good.
Highlighted

WMMHT..having the energy to go to the beach..beautiful sunshine..oh..missed out..JUST BEING ALIVE!!!

Highlighted

WHMMHT: New shoes and New perfume!
Highlighted

WMMHT: Broke up from school for the summer and realised I'd done a full year without a single day off sick. I even juggled my PPA time to fit in unavoidable medical appointments! Pay back for the 4 months I had off last year. (I'd done 6 years 100% attendence prior to February 2012 - and was foolish enough to tempt fate by bragging about it just before dx!)

Highlighted

WMMHT..sitting in the garden in the sunshine...realising that I was having chemo this time last year and now I'm not..watching my grandson being naughty and laughing becauase I am here to see it...spending time with both my daughters when last year I didn't think I had any time left..not worrying about anything anymore as life is too short..just enjoying life...

Highlighted

WMMHT: Several things:

The Magnolia we "pruned" (= mutilated) back in December is finally showing new buds and signs of life; we were beginning to think we'd killed it! 🙂

The frogspawn in our little pond WASN'T destroyed by the frost, as we thought; it's now teeming with teeny tadpoles! 🙂
The sky is blue, the sun is warm and I've been reading in the garden soaking it up (some natural Vitamin D manufacture for a change?!) listening to the birds and watching the butterflies. Life is good, and this year I WON'T be starting Rads in 4 days time. This year, I WON'T be having rads on my birthday next week!
Highlighted

WMMHT or smile - the Sun has come out this afternoon.

Highlighted

WMMHT being able to put my socks on without it hurting xxxxxx
Highlighted

WMMHT - a fabulous yoga class with Lou my favourite teacher, who modifies some of the more challenging poses for me so I can still join in. Felt a bit low today and had to kick myself up the bum to go. So glad I did - the relaxation made me feel so good I smiled all the way home 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT having cuddles with my 3 day old grandson, the smell and sound of a new born is just wonderful x
Highlighted

Well done Nannie Spiky, hope you have a marvellous cruise and hope you get brilliant weather.

Poemsgalore xxx
Highlighted

WMMHT - seeing my onc today and being given a letter stating that I am fit to travel so I can go on my cruise 8 May. Was diagnosed with brain mets last month but they are not giving me any problems and I am coping with treatment. To get that letter in my hands was a good feeling. The sun is shining, can't stop smiling and life feels good today. X

Highlighted

WMMHT - going back to zumba after 4 weeks off after surgery. couldn't do my usual bounce along but it was just good to go back and feel the music! plus got hugs from the regular's who've missed me!!
Highlighted

WMMHT: Seeing people posting on this thread again and getting pleasure from it.

As Applestreet said back in October: this time last year I had cancer. Now I'm NED and life is back to 'normal' (as if I was ever that?? :)) apart from a few Hormone Therapy niggles.

Wishing everyone lots of happy moments and few or no side effects from treatments. There's a lot worth living for! 😄
Highlighted

WMMHT got a tango message for my friend in Gibraltar and we continued a tango conversation as she was on the bus at the border that joins Spain on her way to work. Its always nice to receive a message out of the blue and with this new techno - tango we can have instant conversation and that made me smile and laugh as she shared photos of her girlz today. Have read some of the messages here and that made me smile as I realise that I am not alone in this journey, now comes the tears!! ... keep well all of you xx
Highlighted

Going out for a four mile walk with the family - the same walk I used to do three times a week dog walking with a friend. Having the energy to do it after a winter of chemo and rads was fantastic!
Highlighted

Shoveling 2 foot of snow from the path to the front door without getting unduly short of breath or having my arm balloon up .... Then spotting a large owl sitting in a tree in the park when I was out walking with my dh! 🙂 xxx
Highlighted

Having my brother turn up unexpectedly and then walking my three collies in the woods on the first warm day of the year.
Highlighted

Yoga on the patio in my PJs in the sunshine with my 2 bunnies Angel & Elvis running and jumping about 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT: getting my sewing machine out again and finishing a beautiful dress.

Highlighted

WMMHT: My brother arriving, catching up over lunch and then going for a long walk with him and my OH in just our t-shirts & jeans in the sunshine - we even bought some sun glasses in a sale. Mine will hide my 'missing' eyebrows in a couple of weeks!
Kate
xx
Highlighted

WMMHT: going out for a walk with the family and the dog and joining in with a ball game (when the dog permitted us to.....)
Highlighted

WMMHT: It was warm enough, at last, to sit in the garden with a cup of coffee and enjoy the blackbird singing its little heart out in my neighbour's tree.
Highlighted

Just spotted some flowering 'Claredrops' (snowdrops) in a tub in my garden and the miniature narcissi are almost flowering too! I love it when spring starts to show itself. 🙂
Highlighted

Wmmht- my taste buds seem to have changed since chemo, found out today I love chocolate covered marzipan!! 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT: Had to have soft tyre sorted (on car, NOT my 'spare tyre'!). It was a nail and only cost £19 to be repaired. While it was being repaired I explored a new shop that I didn't know existed. Bought some bargains! 🙂
Highlighted

WMMHT - Lovely cuddles and smiles with my 14 weeks old grandaughter
Highlighted

WMMHT: Feeling smiley. Had a lovely ride on my smiley motorbike yesterday, and cleaned and dried it today so it's back to being shiny.

Yeah, so it's a bit damp and dank out there, but I've got a cup of tea and rediscovered the joys of peanut butter on toast. Sometimes the little things are what we really need.

CM
x

Highlighted

Well said applestreet xx
Highlighted

WMMHT...the sun is shining..it's cold..it's not raining..this time last year I had cancer...this year I haven't..as far as I know...I'm still here...that's more than something to be happy about..bl**dy ecstatic..at the moment..life is good....

Highlighted

Oh wow JCJ, always wanted to go to Scotland! Keep promising myself 'this year', but something always gets in the way. Have fun x
What made me happy a couple of days a go, was the lovely young waitress in a cafe told me I have beautiful eyes, very kind remark to someone who feels as attractive as a walrus! (my OH asked if she is gay when I told him... duh..no, just kind) x
Highlighted

Holiday information arrived today for our Scottish Highlands coach trip in 2 weeks time. So excited! 🙂
Highlighted

Well said JCJ xxx
Highlighted

Got a mummy hug from my strapping 18 year old son. Always a joy x
Highlighted

WMMHT people posting happy things on this thread again. 🙂
Highlighted

what made me happy...beloved grandson singing happy birthday down the phone to OH last week...younger daughter in the bedroom dying hair bright pink!!..I had my Mx 12 months ago today and because of that and chemo I am still here to see all this...and the sun is shining in the Nwest today...