cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next .....IDC grade 3

4 REPLIES 4
S2usy

Re: What next .....IDC grade 3

I feel for you caz. My mum is unable to face anything like this and prefers to live in ignorant bliss....she has not even told anybody yet. She would never read anything like this...it's up to me to be aware and on the ball with I all. I will live this breast cancer for her on the cyber world! I think I'm probably more worried than her anyway...what's happening with you next maz? Our op is scheduled for 20th feb...
Caz13

Hi S2usy
I'm sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. I too have just been diagnosed with bc (grade 3) I completely understand the fears and worries you will all have. I too am so scared and floundering amongst all the new terms and knowledge I hoped I would never need to understand. The waiting for results and procedures is so upsetting and I understand your worries on this. The breast care nurse told me that weeks make absolutely no difference to the cancer but it is very worrying. I have only found this forum today and it has helped me at least function today so maybe your mum may benefit also from the support of all these ladies who have been through it? I started making lists of questions for the consultant, many of them very blunt, and this helped me understand some of the terms and what next questions I had going round my head. I wish you and your Mum all the best xxx
S2usy

Thank you for the supportive info....and so glad to hear f your positive progress. I will be on here a lot I suppose in the coming months. Thanks again x
poemsgalore

Dear Suzanne

I am so sorry you and your mum are having this worry at the moment. When the biopsy has been performed, the tissue removed is tested in the path lab with oestrogen/progestogen and HER2 (the human epidermal growth hormone). If it is positive for HER2, it simply means she will need Herceptin as part of her treatment. At the moment, Herceptin can only be given with a taxane chemotherapy regime. But a grade 3 usually requires chemo anyway, so being HER2 positive just means an extra drug to fight the cancer. When they say agressive and invasive, they mean that a grade 3 is the fastest growing, but that doesn't mean there is a rush to get treatment started. Invasive simply means that the cancer has spread outside the duct, not that it has spread anywhere else.

I had ductal invasive grade 3, but I also had it in one of my lymph nodes. Mine was HER2 negative but oestrogen and progestogen positive. This means that now I have had surgery and chemo, I am taking a drug that will prevent my body from producing oestrogen. To put things in perspective, I had my surgery in December 2012 after being diagnosed in November 2012. I had chemo between February and May 2013. I have just have my first annual check and there is no evidence of cancer anywhere. So treatment does work successfully. So please don't give up hope.

poemsgalore xx

S2usy

What next .....IDC grade 3

Mum has been diagnosed with grade 3 invasive ducal oestrogen negative carcinoma. Words aggressive and invasive have got us worried sick. What can we expect....if she is her2 receptive is this good or bad? What are chances it's already spread!? We had bloods yesterday and X-ray and get results this week. Lumpectomy on 16th feb. why r we waiting so long......sorry....feeling worried angry and uncertain of her future:((( Suzanne