cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time to take tamoxifen

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: What time to take tamoxifen

I take mine just before bed, usually 12ish.... Sleep great, so far no sweats and no other SE's as yet.... I reckon it's better to sleep through any tablets that could cause SE's... So far so good!
Highlighted

I started off taking it in the morning, but I found I was feeling sick all day and not eating properly. So I started taking them after the evening meal, and don't seem to get any side effects now.

Highlighted

I have been taking it for 18 months and have always taken it at night as I go to bed. Working on the principle that I will sleep through any side effects! So far so good and I sleep ok. Also hot flushes disappeared after a few weeks too.

Highlighted

Hi Maire,
I too take mine in the morning; I take mirtazapine at night and when I was prescribed both that was how I was told to take them. Without the mirtazapine I struggle to get to sleep too; Tamoxifen doefishermen to cause insomnia, even though I don't get hot flushes or night sweats! I've heard the side effects are worst around 5hrs after taking the pill, but that may be anecdotal rather than scientific fact.
Lisa xx
Highlighted

What time to take tamoxifen

Just wondering when everyone takes their daily pill. I've been taking it in the morning but finding I don't drop off to sleep very easily. Would it help to take it at night? Any thoughts?