What to do when you just want to scream!

Hello I am new to the forum and just need to know that I’m not alone and there are people who totally get what I’m feeling.
After treatment for primary breast cancer in 2013 I went my GP with digestive problems in March and was astounded to be diagnosed with advanced secondaries in my liver in April 2017. It’s also in my lung and ribs but that’s not currently life threatening.
I was told that without treatment I only had a matter of weeks to live and we all started to prepare for the worst. However after 8 sessions of taxel and 6 cycles of capecitabene here I am 7 months later feeling surprisingly well and able to enjoy a good quality of life as long as I manage the fatigue.
I have a wonderful family and amazingly supportive friends and we have ridden the emotional roller coaster by staying in the moment. It has been tough adjusting to the unexpected everything I attend the hospital. The goal posts constantly shift.
I am wanting to stay positive and look ahead but only feel I can plan about 6 weeks ahead.
Generally I active this by planning things to look forward to in the near future and I keep a photo album of all my ‘bonus bits’ during this borrowed time.
Every now and then of course the emotion needo an outlet and I don’t want to upset the fragile equilibrium by dumping on those close to me.
So here I am…does that sound familiar to anyone?!

Hello phoebe

A huge welcome to the forum with real people that understand it all …cancer is a evil little elf that keeps us on our toes. …takes away future plans and gives us a sell by date !!
There are ladies here with liver mets and doing really well and enjoying a good quality of life as well so stay with us and you should get a lot of kind words when u are sad, sympathy when u want to rant and rave in those dark hours in the night when you can’t sleep !!

Do what we do …focus on something …it’s got to be the C word really ( Xmas! ) or in my case the birth of two more grandchildren …twins …one pink and one blue …

Sending hugs xxx

Hi Carolyn
Thanks for the lovely welcome!
How wonderful to see 2 more grandchildren!
My son is 23 and in the spring wanted me to meet his girlfriend thinking there might not be many opportunities. Since then I have met another girlfriend. …!! We never know do we?! X

That’s amazing and very encouraging! Well I’ll give a toot now as I’ve just had my review and it’s looking good for the New Year!
Xxx

So pleased I have stumbled across your post Phoebe. I’ve just left the hospital to discuss my ‘two’ liver mets to be told that it’s all over my liver and chemo is the only option. You’ve just given me hope xx

Oh Judy what a shock! Just pleased my post has given you hope. I really didn’t believe there was much they could do for me and I thought the chemo would make me too poorly to have any qualite of life. It’s amazing how wrong you can be!
If you want to private message me for more info please do
I will be thinking of you xxx

Hi Barton thanks so much for the encouragement!
Have you found the Cape gets worse over time?
X

Absolutely! Take care and thanks for the support xx

Thank you Phoebe I will xx