What to put in my basket......

Hi everyone - need to pick your brains - I have a very good friend who has recently been diagnosed and would like to support as much as possible- having been through these hoops myself I’ve got ideas but as we all know it’s sooooooooo individual. She’s younger than me so I need ideas as to what to put in this basket from every age group. I need practical as well as funny

So in my basket I would put … a Chillow Pillow

Now it’s your turn

Thanks

Some rosehip oil from Neal’s Yard. My sister gave me some, it’s lovely for massaging with.

Sarah x

One of my friends sent me some lovely lip balm and hand cream, which was much appreciated. Also magazines for when you need something to read but haven’t got the attention span to read something more complicated. Um I’ll have a think for you

One of those lightweight fleecy blankets with sleeves… I was given one for christmas by my best friend, as a bit of a joke, but it has been brilliant for snuggling up in - particularly now we’ve turned the heating off, but it’s still not that warm in the evenings. Mine was bright red with Betty Boop on the front - so cosy AND cheerful.

xx

An Amazon voucher. She’ll certainly have a lot of time to read!

My OH gave me a Kindle which has been a godsend, especially for hospital waiting rooms and chemo as it just slips in my handbag.

Jane xxx

and, if she’s doing FEC chemo… a big hunk of cheese and a jar of gherkins… seems like a lot of us have had cheese cravings, and the pickles just hit the spot at cutting through the lard mouth se…

Hugs (for caring) ears (for listening) and time (to come to terms with what is happening to her)…J

… a digital Thermometer, Handy packs of tissues and some luxury chocolate biscuits!

Oh, and an eyebrow pencil!

A packet of ginger or ginger and lemon tea.
Cheryl

fresh wipes, mints, xxxx

Head torch…for reading in the middle of the night without disturbing others…or for hunting for something in a large bag or your locker! What a lovely friend to have. val

Vest top with built in support, nice comfy pj’s n slippers x

One of those little Tesco’s sausage pillows… the little squishy bead filled ones - perfect for after surgery, for tucking under your arm, or under your side.

My sister bought me some earrings and herb teas.

Oh how you’ve all brought so many memories flooding back.

How about a pedicure cos she aint gonna get down there anytime soon bless her… and an ipod plus ear piece with a piece of music which got me through some tricky ‘God I’m about to lose it’ moments - Sailing By ( its the bit of music just befor the shipping forecast on Radio 4 ) I have it on repeat and it has just got me through an Angiogram with no need for Diazopan soooooo chilled out.
Sxx

Keep em coming

Old friend just gave me a little wooden and wire ‘guardian angel’. I was very touched, especially as my old plaster one, given to me by best chum years ago during divorce 6 years ago was crumbling due to carrying around in pocket too much. Angels are good.
S

Bio Oil. Brilliant for making scars disappear

Some of those expensive little bottles of tonic water, feverfew? Is that the make. Think tesco do them if not waitrose,that’s all I could drink post fec. And a mega big bag of pick n mix… My friends bought me a beautiful linen night shirt from the White company for when I came out of hospital after 8 days. It felt like luxury after hospital gowns.
Ooh and some funny DVDs, box set maybe. An idiot abroad, hysterical… Or modern family… Brilliant.

One of those dark eye masks so she can nap soundly even in daylight hours.

bachs rescue remedy
30rock dvd box set
decent newspaper delivered daily
fluffy socks
benefit brow zings
decent blusher, eye liner and lip balm
symptom diary
shed load of lorazepan so she spends the next 8 months out of it…