73.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What were your signs or symptoms for secondaries or reoccurance !!

5 REPLIES 5
abilucy

Re: What were your signs or symptoms for secondaries or reoccurance !!

Hi,

I got dx of breast cancer in May this year and initial ct scan confirmed lung mets in June. I didn't have any symptoms and still don't, in fact if it wasn't for feeling a bit under the weather for a couple of days every 3 weeks due to chemo I would say I feel as fit and well as before the diagnosis, although perhaps not as emotionally well! I guess what I am saying is I am sure you will be having regular scans so try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

Barton

Hello, Rozita,

I found out when I was referred by my GP for an ultrasound when I went to her with period-like bleeding (despite being 57, through the menopause and being on Anastrazole!|).  She responded very quickly (bless her) and I was told at the Ultasound that I had polyps.  A couple of biopsies were taken, and I was told they would be removed.  The day before I was due to go in to hospital for the removal of the polyps, I had an urgent phone call asking me to attend the hospital asap, and was told that they wouldn't be going ahead with the procedure as I had secondary breast cancer.  I can't fault the hospital - they were very caring in the way they told me, etc., and I had the relevant appointments through very quickly.

Google research told me that cance of the womb can be a (fairly rare - trust me to be awkward!) secondary of invasive lobular breast cancer.  I hadn't been too worried previously as I had never heard of cancer of the womb being a secondeary of breast cancer, so it came as quite a shock.

I have to say, though, that my hospital has been excellent and the staff have all been brilliant.

Best wishes,

Fran.

xxx

helen44

Hi Rozita

My bone mets first appeared in my rib. At the time, almost 2 years ago, I went to the GP (not my usual one) who dismissed my sharp pains as a muscle strain!! I was actually going for a mamogram 2 days later on a possible breast tumour & asked her could it be anything to do with that - oh no, that's not possible she said. Strange how 2 weeks later I was diagnosed with BC & bone mets - I insisted on an MRI & CT.

You have to make sure you tell the doctors everything even if you think its insignificant. I am doing pretty well at the moment on Letrazole, Denosumab, Herceptin & Zoladex & apart from the odd pain here & there, fatigue & night sweats, seem to tick along ok.

Take care, Helen x

Desi-2

Hi Rozita my secondaries first appeared in my rib. There was sudden sharp pain that went on for a few weeks then settled but kept recurring and some swelling on that rib also tender to touch. X
Bevlaar

Hi rozita. I developed niggly cough last june but had routine chest xray last aug (while admitted to local hosp as an emergency overnight for something else unrelated) which no-one reported back to me on ward so assumed all was ok. Then in may this year while still coughing brought up small amount blood in saliva. Saw gp who sent me for xray and found 2 shadows 5cm and 2.5cm in right lung! When I questioned how they had got there so quick, after having "clear" xray in aug, I was given the added blow that the August xray actually showed 2 small shadows then but had failed to be reported on!!
I have big investigation underway at the mo with that health board...its not the one I am under for my treatment thankfully.
So always make sure u check out any new symptoms.
Love bev xxxx 💖
rozita

What were your signs or symptoms for secondaries or reoccurance !!

Hi just wondering what are the signs or symptoms to look for if you worry you have secondaries or reoccurance. I know everyone will be diffrent but it would help to know what alerted you!! Rozita x