What would you do?

Hi.  I havent posted here for ages but always read the forum.  Mets to bone for ine years now.  Been through most treatments and currently on Paclitaxol, which is not too bad to tolerate.  My question is, I wish to cash in my company pension for a lump sum as I am now 69.  They say that I can have the full amount tax free if I am terminally ill and not expected to live longer than a year, in which case I would obviously need a letter from my consultant stating this.  Obviously I dont know if one year is my limit or not, but if it is and I get a letter stating this, I dont know if I can handle it.  On the other hand I would love the money so,that we can do things whilst I am still able.  Wondered if any of you have been in this predicament and what you did.  Thank you. X

Hi! I have not been through this. I think I would have to look at it like this. I already know I am terminally ill bc this is not curable. If I could get that money tax free I wouldn’t care what that letter said. Plus have your Dr send it direct and you won’t have to read it. Take that money and run. I hear a Bonkkkk Bonkkkk. I think your cruise ship is blowing it’s horn. Hurry!

Hi! I have not been through this. I think I would have to look at it like this. I already know I am terminally ill bc this is not curable. If I could get that money tax free I wouldn’t care what that letter said. Plus have your Dr send it direct and you won’t have to read it. Take that money and run. I hear a Bonkkkk Bonkkkk. I think your cruise ship is blowing it’s horn. Hurry!

Yes I did this - almost 5 years ago!! Pay no heed to what the letter says and go and enjoy yourself xx