Whats the problem if you don't wear bra 24 hours for 1st month?

Sure I’ve been told to wear a bra 24 hours for 1st month. I’m now 3 weeks post surgery and I’ve not worn it constantly the last 2-3 days. I’m just wondering how important it is?
I didn’t wear it until I left hospital as I had a punctured lung from surgery, so with 5 drains all in I think they just didn’t bother with the bra due to all the drain sites.

I was thinking the name thing yesterday. I’ve been in my bra 24/7 for almost three weeks now since my surgery and yesterday evening I went without it for a couple of hours. What an initial relief to be free!! 

Didnt last long though as it wasn’t long before the stabbing pains started again which are terrible so back on it went. Within 10 mins the pain stopped. Looks like I’m stuck in it for a while again.  

My BCN did tell me at the beginning that as I’m big busted, the weight of my breasts would pull on my internal stitches if I didn’t wear a bra. Guess I’m not ready yet to be without it!!

Beth123, that’s interesting, and at least a reason as to why we’ve to wear it. I’m probably medium busted, not really sure on size(!) Prob a 38c. I have been without it a full day recently( just been in house) and overnight last night, and haven’t had any pain. I’m at nurse this morning, think I’ll ask if I still need to wear it all the time.

And typical - I forgot to ask!!!
Also wanted to ask about colouring my hair, probably daft question, but wondered about the colour being rinsed off over my scars, particularly as I have a bit of skin on my breast that is still getting dressings on it as it didn’t quite heal.