Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do your periods return??

7 REPLIES 7
Ann_BCC_

Re: When do your periods return??

Hi lolabelle

I am going to move this to the younger women section.

Hope that is okay

Ann

Guest user
Not applicable

Just realised i have posted this in the wrong section so big apologies but thank you for all your advice anyway...x

lindsyloo

Why not call BC Nurse now see what she advises, in the mean time make an appt with your GP, I would guess it will take a while to make an appt with your onc

Linda
x

Guest user
Not applicable

I had chemo and am triple negative, finished chemo in Julky and had rads all through august and now have been all finished now from everything for two weeks althpough nails falling off still!! Husband keeps dropping hintsd at me sorting ouyt some contraception (men - always thinking of one thing) but i really don't want to fall pregnant as have two small children already!! I wondered if i should see my gp or a consultant at the mnarsden where i am being treated??

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lolabelle,
I was told that chemo has approx 50/50 chance of putting you into early menopause at the age of 40. Younger than that, odds are much better. I was 37 at dx in Jan 08, finished chemo at the end of May and period returned (yay!) a couple of weeks ago. Still getting rads. Not sure what or who you would be best speaking to - either your BC nurse or GP maybe? Hope this helps.
Ax

Guest user
Not applicable

hi,
I was 34 at diagnosis in Jan 07- I finished my chemo in June/ July (cant remember exactly) had rads until November and my periods returned in december and have been regular since- hope this helps
Katyx

lindsyloo

Hi Lolabelle

Not sure if i can answer your questions

firstly you can still ovulate and get pregnant without having periods, so please take other precautions such as a condom or something.

Did you have chemo is so when did it finish, I was told by my Onc that chemo could bring about early change although in my case it wasnt too early as I was 50, nevertheless I was still having regular periods.

Also did they say if your cancer was ER receptive and have they given you any drugs that may supress your ovaries?

I think these are questions that maybe you need to discuss with your onc, and also the possiblity of having children in the future

Not sure I have helped any

Linda
x

Guest user
Not applicable

When do your periods return??

When do they return and what do I dfo if they don't?? Do i need to speak to someone and whom?? I need to sort out some contraceptives but as i'm not having periods surely i'm not ovulating?? God you'd think i'd know all this crap at 33 wouldn't you?!!!