When does hair come back??

Hi everyone,

I’ve had 4 accelerated epi, then on to xeloda (didn’t work for me) so after a week off I’ve now started CMF (without the ‘f’). I’ve had my first two doses of that, with 6 more to go…I’ve been told my hair should start growing…but when?
My hair loss hasn’t bothered me at all, but since people have said it’ll start growing I’ve become impatient!
Mo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mo,
I had Taxotere which started last Jan.My hair started to fall out exactly two weeks after taking it.Had hair cut short,which lasted a week then my friend shaved it off for me.My hair started to grow back straight away.I think it’s only the initial shock to the system from the very first lot of chemo that makes it fall out then once all the loose hair has gone it should start to grow back.Mine has grown back really fast and I now have about 2ins all over.
Best wishes,
Alli x

I finished chemo in march,started to notice, and left wig off in June,now have uncontrollable curly mop!!!

Hi

I had my last epi on Sept 5th and have now finished xeloda. My hair started growing as soon as I finished epi but very slowly… It’s now 3 months and my hair is about half an inch at the back and sides but only about a quarter of an inch on top! I thought I’d be wig free for Xmas - no chance.

Take care

Mal

I had my last chemo on the 14 october…and now i have a grade 3 …it has grown back quite quick for me …mind you even tho i have a little it’s seem’s loads to me

sal