cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is a mouse not a mouse

4 REPLIES 4
Aimfire75

Re: When is a mouse not a mouse

Thanks both. At the very least I am going to call the surgery tomorrow and see if they'll see me 4 days early. I forgot to mention that I had a bizarre benign tumour in my throat aged 25. I think that is probably somewhat relevant.
cass79

I wouldn't wait, I'd try and get referred earlier. Xx

Frances1985

Hi lovely,

The clinical term for a breast mouse is a fibroadenoma. I am 29 and I have one (diagnosed by ultrasound and biopsy so there is no doubt as to what it is!). Mine is hard and although it doesn't move around that much, it isn't completely fixed. If I hold my arms in the air I can see mine quite clearly even though it is only 13mm. Could you maybe go back and see a different GP to get referred? 2 weeks of worrying is a long time and I found all the worry re my lump way worse than any of the tests!
Aimfire75

Aimfire75

When is a mouse not a mouse

Hi, as this is my first post I'll introduce myself at the same time 🙂 I'm 40, a mum of 4 children and I love running (have a marathon in October and am now wondering whether I'll get to run it - slightly OTT panicky!) Anyway, I noticed a mass (more than a lump as its kind of wide and not round like a marble) a few weeks ago and saw the GP last Friday who said that it was a 'mouse' because she couldn't grab it. I'd heard that term before from friends so know that means the GP is fairly unconcerned at this stage. Also because I was around mid cycle, and it was in the upper quadrant I am told it's less of a worry as this is typical area for Breast lumpiness due to hormones. Anyway, she's said wait 2 weeks and return if it hasn't gone. I'm a week in and it is showing no signs of going. This worries me. I don't normally have lumpy breasts through my cycle so it's unusual for me. Nowhere else on this breast or the other is lumpy. Would you go back earlier than waiting the full 2 weeks?