cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to go back to work?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: When to go back to work?

Zara

I had a wle and snb,, I had two scars and like ann I found it straightforward. I went back to work 6 weeks after my op which I  had in Oct last year, I started rads 20 Dec 2016 and finished Jan this year. I worked three days a week for 4 hours a day, going to my rad apt after work on those days.  

Helena xx

Hi Zara,
Yes, I did, but it was just down to timing. As I felt fine, I went back to work for one month prior to rads, but had a phased return. I had a 2 month gap betwen surgery & rads.
Also, to point out, I had a WLE, with 2 nodes removed through the same incision, so my physical recovery was straightforward.
We are all different, so see how you feel & if you're able to take time & want to, then do so.
ann x

Hi everyone,

I've got surgery on june 1st and radiotherapy a few weeks after. Did anyone go back to work before their radiotherapy started? 

Just wondering.

Zara x

Thanks Ann - I wasn't sure if the expectation was that I should feel ok to go back after two weeks. In all honesty I thought I'd bounce back a couple of days after surgery but the reality is a bit different. I will be brave and ask for more time off if I think I need it. Thank you xo

Hi Lizzie,
Of course, its up to you & how you feel. In hindsight, if I had or needed to, I could have gone back to work after 2 weeks, but I had the sick leave so I took it & my gp signed me off for a month.
Do put yourself first as much as you can in recovering from this.
ann x

When to go back to work?

Hi Ladies,

I have another question.  I had a WLE and Sentinel lymph node biopsy on 3rd,May and was given a sick note for two weeks off work.  My review meeting is Third 18th May and all being well I am hoping I will be able to go back to work then but I'm not sure if I will feel up to it 're the bruising and also driving.

How long have you been signed off for ? Xo