cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to take Tamoxifen

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: When to take Tamoxifen

I take mine at night and no probs. good luck, take care of yourself. Try looking at your local Maggies centre, they were ver supportive and I met some lovely people
Highlighted

Re: When to take Tamoxifen

Hello, I too had a lumpectomy, started tamoxifen in jan, had surgery in april and now just over half way through rads. 11 done 8  to go, I take the Tam in the morning with my breakfast, I too used to get night sweats, but now they are very rare, though i feel tired all the time and have tamoxifen tummy(bulge in the middle that came from no where LOL!!!) i feel the other side effects are bearable, it must feel tough if you are on you own, we are her for you:-)  take care of you, XXX

Highlighted

When to take Tamoxifen

Hello! I have just had lumpectomy, got oncologist appointment to tell me about the radiotherapy, and prescribed Tamoxifen. I already have hot flushes so Tamoxifen is not going to help at all! When would be best to take it? Flushes are at night, so I am going to take my tablet when I go to bed, hoping that it wont cause insomnia?? If I am going to get flushes anyway at night I might as well take this medication then...at east that is my thinking!!! I have no regular support  network, I am older and I live alone so I have to be extra careful.......feeling very isolated at the moment .