When will I know if the cold cap works?

I had breast cancer 5 years ago and had 12 chemos. Not a clue which type as was on a trial. One part of it was epirubicin which makes you lose your hair. So does the “C” part of it i think? Anyway last time I didn’t lose all my hair but about 70% of it. Kept eyebrows and lashes, arm, legs and pubes. Diagnosed with a new primary cancer in Oct last year, had masec with recon, and just had 1st of 3 FEC on Monday this week. Decided to go for the cold cap. If I pull my hair at this stage (day 4) 1 hair comes out. But that was probably normal for me anyway. At what stage would I know if the cold cap has worked and I won’t lose my hair.

I feel achy all over, my neck is sore, my eyes feel so tired but I can’t sleep. Feel very fluey when after the first 1 will this improve. No sickness at all, no constipation, no runs. So i suppose Iam not that bad.

Hi don’t if i can tell you about the cold cap but i am on FEC (3 down and 3 to go) and my hair started to fall out 2 weeks after 1st one but didn’t need to have hair shaved until just after the 2nd. I too do not sleep much and so far haven’t had too many side affects. Glad you are not feeling to bad, may it continue through your treatment.
Love Sandra x

Hi

I had 3 x FEC and 3 x Tax. USed the cold cap and found that hair started to fall out 2.5 weeks after first chemo, then stopped after 4-5 days. This was the pattern for all 6 chemos. So basically if it carries on coming out (and at a rapid rate) after 3 weeks+ it maybe that it won’t work for you. I managed to get away with it, had a few baldie patches by the end, but with pony tails and comb overs (!) it covered it up OK.

Good luck, hope it works for you.

Best wishes with the treatment.
Ali
x