Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bra

4 REPLIES 4
Lucy_BCC

Re: Which bra

Hi Gillian
Here's the link to the BCC lingerie session Moorcow has mentioned, it also includes a link to the 'A confident choice' booklet which you may also find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/information-support-sessions/lingerie-even...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Helm

Hi Gillian, I would recommend a mastectomy bra - doing a google search online should bring up a good number of sites (amaon sell them too). Mastectomy bras have pockets in the cups  so that you can put a prosthesis or extra padding if you need. You can get both wired and underwired, padded or unpadded. I had to try quite a few before I found some that I thought fitted well and looked right. I also bought some bra extenders which helped for comfort during the recovery process after surgery.

Debenhams have specially trained staff to help with choosing a mastectomy bra if you like help (just ask in the bra department), and M&S also sell the bras too.

Hope you find what you need:)

skigirl

Hi Gillian

I too have had a diep reconstruction, with some 'uneven' bits.  I was introduced to a very good bra made by Royce (style 1011), specifically for reconstructed breasts.  I have found that it solves the difference in sizes and lumps and bumps are hidden very nicely.  They aren't all that expensive (about £28) and our local BHS (in Grimsby) actually supplies them (a bit cheaper than anywhere else I have found, especially as you will get your VAT back too).  Royce also have their own website and there is a company called WomanZone that supply and fit them for you too.

Hope this helps xx

moorcow

HI there, I am not sure, but I have to say the BCC lingerie evening i went to was really helpful, especially if you book for a fitting during the evening,

hope you find one you like, N

Gilliancw

Which bra

Hi I had a diep reconstruction in June, all healed well. But my problem is what sort of bra to wear. So far I have been wearing post surgery bras which aren't the prettiest of bras. I'm not sure if to go for underwire or non wired bra, my main problem is my reconstructed side is abit bigger than my natural boob. I have been told i can have an implant to match the sizes but to be honest I have come to the decision I really don't want any more surgery, it has been a long journey with a few hick ups on the way and just want to move forward now.
So my question is does anyone know the best type of bra to go for I need one where I can have padden in one side.
Sorry for the long post
Gillian xxx