White cell injection and pain?

Anyone else end up in agony after injection to higher white cell count? My back went into severe pain and felt like someone was stabbing me and cutting through my nerves.Also my head and chest hurt at same time.They said it was to do with the injection encouraging the bone marrow.They said this was very rare but at least i was already in the hospital at the time for infection and low count!! Morphine didnt work. I have to have the jabs sooner this cycle and they say i will suffer the same but have good pain killers. Your experiences would be a help please? x

Hi Debs, I too had tremendous pain after the Neulasta injections with my chemo last year. It happened every cycle and lasted for about 2 days, just had to grin and bear it and load up the painkillers, at the time I was on Co-Codamol and Ibuprofen and then used Oramorph for when the pain was really bad. It wasn’t pleasant but I got through it and it kept my white cells at a reasonable level which was important. I found a hot water bottle to be quite soothing or a nice warm bath. Sorry I can’t be more positive, just make sure you have some pain relief that’s effective for you.
Good luck!
Smartie x

Dear All Can’t believe I am picking up this thread as I was querying back spasms in another thread! Until I saw my consultant today, and just saw this thread I had decided that the agonising back spasms which I experienced 2 days ago were the FEC just triggering nerve pain in my back, which is arthritic. I now know that the injection to boost the bone marrow activity was the case. I nearly passed out with the pain but, more fortunately than Debs, paracetamol did work for me so I plan to take it after the next injection and am hoping that it will still be effective. Good luck to Debs and others. What we on ly have to put up with!