Why are we drinking the coolaide

I have just been told I have inflamatory breast cancer, possible 4th stage. The only option told to me was the butcher, burn and poison option. Looked it up and the latest studies show that there is no conclusive proof this improves life expectancy. They still guesstimate 21 months. So why would I want to be disfigured, sick, in pain and unable to enjoy my life just so my doctor can make money. Women who endure all that gruesome sadistic torchure are called brave. She fought hard. I want to fight to live well. Where is the info about diet and natural no lethal, less harmful methods for staying healthy and slowing down cancer growth? That info is damn hard to find. I think we are being sold a bag of goods, given the coolaide, by a medical system that is making billions and is not focused on healing the patient. And then there are all those out there wanting to sell you a magic fix. Just as bad. Where is there a sight where we can look at all the options and make our own educated choices?

Hi there are plenty of health sites…I have endured cut poison burn.and lots more for my family…the choice is yours it is your body and it is you suffering…so only you can decide what way to go…treatments are just a plaster…do your research there are books available to study that are informative.Reiki and refexology are good stress relief…take care Sharon.x

Hiya Michelle
Welcome to our family …hope you will find some help and support here.
There is a thread called " healthy living" that I think you might find helpful.
Xxxx

Hi Michelle,
I was diagnosed with primary IBC 10 years ago. It wasn’t’ diagnosed early and I didn’t fancy my chances of living more than a year or two. However, I had every treatment available- - chemo, mastectomy, radiotherapy, ovarian ablation, tamoxifen and letrozole. Sure it was hard, but they kept me alive. 14 months ago I was diagnosed with secondary cancer in my bone and liver but I’ve been responding well to oral chemo.
My message to you is ignore a most of what you read online about IBC. Some of it is out or date, some of it is rubbish and, most of all, ignore statistics. We are all individuals, not statistics. Don’t write yourself off. If it turns out, as I hope it does, that you don’t have secondary cancer, please don’t think about going on without every treatment available. Diet and gentle therapies can’t hold back IBC, or any other cancer, on their own. IBC is an aggressive disease that needs aggressive treatment. If you do have secondaries, treatment isn’t always as aggressive but they still might be able to give you surgery if they can shrink the primary tumour. Take advice from your doctors. I personally wouldn’t think of going without chemo at my stage of the disease. There are plenty more treatments still available to me.
You mention that doctors only try to make money out of us. Do you live in the US or are you in the UK? In the UK on the NHS that certainly isn’t the case. I agree drug companies are unscrupulous and money grabbing but unfortunately they make the drugs that we need so we can’t do without them.
Please also be aware that some people avocating alternative therapies or claiming practically every food you can imagine causes cancer are unscrupulous and money grabbing too… The alternative medicine field is big business with no shortage of quacks involved. I have no problem with alternative therapies, I have used them myself, but not on their own against cancer.
I’m really sorry if this seems like a lecture but I really wanted to say IBC isn’t the death sentence you assume Please make sure you give yourself every chance available.
Best wishes xxx

Hello. Michelle,

The others have said it all, but one very kind website, is ‘Cancer Active’, lots of info about the rainbow diet and

other tips on keeping well, wether on chemo or not.

Take care

Moijan

Hi michelleNManion

i’m also sorry about your diagnosis.  It’s tough to decide what to do, however for me with an aggressive secondary bc diagnosis it was a no brainer I took the drugs route, not offered surgery as it had spread (liver), but if it had been offered I would have taken it. But I also have chosen the diet route too. I try to buy organic, not everything just what is called “the dirty dozen” and hardly any meat. I think you can reach a happy medium combining both conventional medicine with alternative.  Yes the drugs companies are making a lot of money from their drugs but I would take that route every time if it buys me the time with my family, it doesn’t always need to make you so sick. There is a lot of alternative info out there on the Internet about cancer. The other thing I have tried to do is cut out artifcal sugar there’s quite a bit out there on sugar and cancer. I also asked my onc and a dietician about the alkaline diet, and was told your body regulates it’s alkaline level no matter what you eat - again a lot of so called “nutritionalists” touting this diet.  Good luck in whatever treatment you choose.

jools.