68418members
359945posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do i feel so emotional at the moment?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Why do i feel so emotional at the moment?

Hi NAZ

Sorry to say that feeling tearful and moody is one of the aspects of having cancer flung on to you. Don't try to analyse your feelings too much just take one day at a time, when things have settled down a little after the treatments etc your head will clear enough to start putting routine back into your life even though a changed routine.
I am 4 years down the line now, it seems to have flown by, I still think about cancer every day but I am able to rationalise now.

Take care

Highlighted

Thanks Maude

To be honest i feel the same..i am fed of people saying 'stay strong'..i don't feel like it sometimes and just want to have a good rant for some reason.
I know what you mean, i was almost angry at the surgeon the second time round, as i did not want to spend more time in hospital, yet it was for the best of course.

Hopefully this week will be better xxx

Highlighted

Hi Naz

Don't be hard on yourself. You are bound to be feeling emotional at the moment.

At the time of my mastectomy everyone kept telling me how well I was coping then one night I suddenly had a screaming fit! I called the surgeon all kind of nasty names and said how much I hated him - even though he is a lovely man and saved my life! My husband was shocked but just let me get on with my ranting and raving.

Be kind to yourself.

A big hug.
Maude xx

Highlighted

Thanks Dot..
I couldn't really understand why i feel so up and down, but i guess you are right, i went into 'coping mode' so quickly!

I will try to chill a bit this week i think...

Highlighted

I think what you are feeling is totally normal.The nurses in the ward warned me I would probably get the "blues"
You have had a shock and went into coping mode to get you through the operation.Be kind to yourself,see if you can spend some "me" time.Also speak to your BCN.
Hugs
Dot
xxx

Highlighted

Why do i feel so emotional at the moment?

Hi there
I have posted a couple of times lately on here.
I had my mastectomy nearly a month ago now, and had all my lymph nodes removed this week.
I just feel really emotional at the moment, i feel snappy with the children (who are lovely and make me smile!) bit all i want to do is sit down and have a good cry!
Why do i feel this way?
My diagnosis was quick, as was treatment, and am due to see my consultant in a few days to discuss the next step.

I can't seem to focus on much at the moment - it is driving me mad!

Thanks for reading.

Naz