Why would they miss this bit off my report?

At the beginning of January I went to the breast clinic with a palpable breast lump. I had mammogram and ultrasound. They wouldn’t biopsy the lump as they said at 4mm it was too small but said it looked benign and made me a follow up appointment for March saying that they’d then do a biopsy if it had grown.

The radiologist brought in someone else for a 2nd opinion on my lump but also regarding under my arm which was scanned numerous times. I was told that I also had enlarged lymph nodes under my arm. This was also ticked on the sheet the consultant had and she showed me this. Yet when my gp called to tell me about the hospitals report there was absolutely no mention of enlarged lymph nodes…

I’m so worried that I have no definitive answer that I have requested an earlier follow up with the option of a biopsy or removal of the lump.
Can they be 100% certain without a biopsy?

Hi clk, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this anxious time waiting for answers. I am sure some of our users will be along to show their support and advice.

In the meantime please do call oursupport line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to help answer your questions and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Thank you Lizzy.
I’ve now received a new appointment date for next week so not as long to wait now.