Did you mean: 

Wide awake after midnight club !

Community Champion

Re: Wide awake after midnight club !

Smiley Wink Heart

🎵

"Up above us really high -- like an Onc Doc, in the sky"

🎵

Community Champion

Smiley LOL ha ha ha xx

Tinkle tinkle little star
There's no question what you are

Oh the joy of light colour carpets !! my sis has had duck egg blue with a stripe laid through her house ..nightmare especially as she has a dog too!!
My son always says if u pick a light carpet buy a tweedy one as practical ..I'm thinking about black ..ha ha.I always think its the only time it gets really cleaned through !!
Carolyn xxx

Thanks Carolyn

hoping to get the last of the decorating done today so we can shampoo half the carpet to dry overnight and then move the furniture to the other side to finish.  We have a thru lounge/diner and pale carpets as well, but we were daft enough to choose ours!!

i do look out of the window during the night, especially if we have a full moon and a cloudless sky...never see a fox though.

Hello Lynn
I didn't sleep much at all last night ..but didn't reach for the laptop !! Try not to ..had a few wee trips and a bit of looking out the window to see if I can see the Fox.
I'm sure letrozole does cause uti too ..depends on the brand though.
Hubbys been up at silly o clock shampooing lounge carpet ..we have light beige all through the house ( not our choice) were newly fitted when we bought house last year. Keep meaning to get them redone to darker ones ..no excuse really as son a carpet fitter !! But he's always too busy ...
Well enjoy sunshine while it lasts.
Xxxx

Good morning everyone.  I have had two good nights sleep.  Must confess though that last night I took a couple of pills, slept for almost 6 hours and don't feel too groggy.  First time I have used them in 3 days - I try to stick to using them just once or twice a week when I am laying awake.

i usually have a middle of the night trip to the loo and then a very early morning one, which I am then awake from.  However it's different when I have UTIs, they're a regular occurance  with the Letrozole

i do have my iPad on my dressing table so have access to it at night, but I try not to use it.  I read somewhere that  the screen light can cause wakefulness.  I don't disturb DH, we have been together for nearly fifty years and love each other to bits. - even now when we're bickering about decorating.😬 !!!    But he is a dreadful snorer  and I am very restless and a light sleeper so as soon as our children grew up and moved out we have separate rooms.

in the early stages of my Dx when I was awake and anxious and wondering around the house in the middle of the night he would hear me and get up to be with me.  I asked him not to, if I need him I will call him - no point In two of us being tired.  We live in a bungalow so are never far apart.  We don't have TV in the bedrooms so I read rather than use the iPad. I do find though that sometimes just going to sit in the front room for 20 minutes or so helps, no light on but some boring inane rubbish on TV which doesn't engage me. Sometimes at 3.00am in the morning I wish I could turn my mind off as easily as a TV

just having a moan, I'm sure you've all been there.....

Hi fellow up all nighters lol I managed 4 skips to the loo last night and had my 2nd day of steroids today so may be bouncing on the bed again later X enjoy your evening all xx
Community Champion

Man Very HappySmiley LOLWoman LOLCat LOL  See you later then girls!!

Yahoo everyone ..can I be a member of the tinkle in the night club too please?
Usually 2/3 per night .....
Ha ha
Carolyn ☺☺☺☺☺

Hahaha fantastic idea! I would certainly be a regular!
Janette xxx

Yes, .....was thinking we could start a 'toilet' thread, between us all weve got enough news to keep it going, what with my utis and  your night rising.

Moijan  🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽

🍷🍺

Community Champion

I  take my kindle up to bed with me but don't usually put it on once I'm trying to sleep or if I wake up as I  find I  get carried away and land up using it too long!! Up ONLY  3 times for loo last night Smiley Frustrated xx

Time for me to fess up ..I created this thread but don't take laptop/ phone upstairs to bed either.I charge them over night ready for the next day !!
Always keeping up to date with you marirose and from your postings I think this chemo is easier for you then the cape and the sore feet/hands . You sound in a better place with pain too.
Lynn
AAGH decorating ..we always get half way through and regret starting it! but then when its finished its all worth while.
And our bank balance nil as its then new accessories etc as well.

Hi all 

Janette I am the same as you I try to avoid the laptop in the night. I never seem to sleep much after chemo on a Wednesday and when I am up for the loo and look in the mirror my face is bright red.

Lynn good luck with your decorating I bet that plays on your mind and when it's done lets hope you get some sleep.

Hi Carolyn thanks for watching over me. My hair has not stopped me from going out with wig or hats but it is getting thinner and this morning after no 7 chemo yesterday is coming out more I am going to the hairdresser tomorrow not sure what to have done now but tomorrow I shall be washing it so we will see what happens. I've got my wig and hats ready I always like to be prepared for all eventualities I was a good girl guide and Brownie Leader.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Morning ladies, well Lynnq you was not alone, I woke at 4.30, heard daughter get up and go to the loo  (creaky floorboards!) So that was it clock watching til I finally got up at 7.20. 

Didn't post as I point blank refuse to get out of my cosy warm bed and I leave my tablet downstairs......hubby would sling it through the window if I sat up at daft O'clock posting /shopping! 😀

Janette xxxx 

Here I am again, I slept for about 3 hours and woke at 2.00am.

I got up at about 2.45 and watched TV for a while. Have just refilled my hot water bottle and made a cuppa...hoping to get a couple of hours sleep before 'morning', hoping to not be too tired since we're decorating our living room and want to get it finished before the weekend. Hubby does most of the work though and I clean up, got new curtains, light fittings and cushions - just wish it was all done.

Bless our bladders !!!
Marirose ...glad to read that you are finding the new chemo do able .. I keep up with your progress etc. Shame about the hair loss though but I'm sure you have a nice posh new wig for days out and about !!
Carolyn xxx

Good luck with your scan result Janette

Got up for a wee at 1.15 am had a bit of hip pain took paracetamol went back to bed and didn't wake up until the alarm clock went off at 6.00 am I could have slept on a first only up once it's usually about 3 or more. But I needed to be at the hospital for 8.30 for my treatment review and then chemo.

Love and (((hugs))) 

Jeanette
All the best for your scan results ..I'm sure they will b fine. Gosh that's a lot of loo trips ..mine are normally two !!
Holding your hand ...from sunny Devon .
Xxxxx

Hi Janette,

very best wishes for you results...lots of love,

Moijanxx

Morning wide awake girls, I didn't sleep too bad but was up half a dozen times for a wee! Maybe that has something to do with the fact I sunk tons of vitamin C yesterday to ward to cold off. 

Going to take an amitriptyline tonight though, got the dreaded CT results day tomorrow 😦😦so not expecting to get much kip! 

Hugs Janette xxx

Yep ...I slept to 5am this morning too without loo and sweats so that's the best I get but good.
Gorgeous sunshine here so sat on decking with a second cup of coffee. Oh the life of retirement !!

Good morning. I slept well last night, bed at about 11.00pm with my hot water bottle. Woke at 2.30am for the loo but practically straight back to sleep. Then woke up at about 5.40am, still in bed now on the iPad and thinking how lucky I am that I don't have to be up.

Julie & Carolyn - Thanks for the boys names beginning with Y. I was using Zeus and Xavier for the other two tricky ones.

Woke about 3.30 You know how it is when you wake up and you feel you've been running round in circles all night. Really hot.  Have a drnk, do some Headspace - not much good at it but keep at it.. My turn to open up community shop at 7.30 

Now! .....youve had your story and a hot drink, Ive tucked you in.

I'm going to turn the light out and I dont want to hear another peep!

night night

Moijanxx

Julie
I'm the same about ladies that vanish ..I have only been on the site just over a year but wander about a lot of the ladies that were there for me then .. it's a pity we cant just click on their name and see if they are still active and just reading and running and not checking in with us !!!
I suppose everyone has their reasons for not posting which we respect but it's nice to hear from everyone once in a while.
Carolyn xxxx
Community Champion

It is lovely to see you posting Lynnq, we do miss people when they aren't 'visible' for a while. Glad you are doing relatively well, that's always good for us all to hear.

I  was at school with a boy I  think was Polish, his name was Yanosh x

Good morning Lynn.
How about YUSEF ..for a boys name ..now you can finish the a to z ! (Zack will end it)
I've tried all the a to z things too ..usually fall asleep through boredom !!!
I went bed at 9pm last night through boredom I think as I hate the dark nights!! went 7 hours without a wee but sort of slept in Windows of two hours !!
Carolyn xxxx

Well after an almost sleepless night at my daughter's house and coming home really tired I still couldn't get off last night.

in the end I got up just after midnight and had some warm milk and a hot buttered crumpet (not really hungry, just comfort food....I know I shouldn't but I do that often). I then took a sleeping tablet and slept until 4.00am and then dozed until 6.30.

i seem to be resorting to sleepers more and more, but I don't like to.  I had three nights with none though before last night...l really don't want to become dependant on them.......

Hello again Marirose.  I have't posted for a while but I do read the forums most days.  To be honest I feel a little guilty sometimes, some of you lovely ladies have so much to bear and I have been stable and relatively well.

i also try the alphabet girl and boys names, used to work.

do u have a boys name beginning with Y?  🤔😁

Hi Carolyn I also am retired, try to keep active but enjoy the fact that I can have lazy days.  I take Lansoprazole daily to protect my stomach.  GP says I can take up to 4 naproxen and 8 paracetamol a day although generally I don't take anywhere as much as that.  I also, every few weeks stop taking them altogether for a while just to test how much pain I actually have.  I also love my hot water bottle...

Community Champion

I'm here too. Just getting ready for bed and hoping I'll get off to sleep quickly and nit too many visits to the loo!

Hope you all get a good night's sleep - sweet dreams xx

Oh dear, have just posted doggy poo in Carolyns garden, hope she doesnt mind?( see 3 word story)

yes, well seems im alone tonight in here as it is after 12 oclock.

gong to munch a biscuit and try to fall asleep.

Moijanxx

Hi Lynn

I am so pleased to hear from you I have been thinking about you alot as we have not heard from you for such a long time. You sound as though you could do with a few more hours with the grandchildren if they help you to sleep.

I am having trouble staying asleep I drop off then wake up and start thinking sometimes I get up and take 2 paracetamol and go back it seems to help because sometimes I may have a leg ache. Last night my first wakeup was 12.00 am but I resisted getting up and using phone or laptop then the second was 2.30 am and 5.40 am. Why can't I sleep I cannot remember a full nights sleep and when I have my chemo that is bad for sleep. Even the alphabet girl and boys names doesn't work anymore. 

Well love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Hiya Lynn
Another leyrozole lady ..I have been on it a year now and hope its doing its job too. My doc prescribed naproxen for me too but u have to take something else with it to protect the stomach ..and the side effects are listed as femur breakage ..AAGH so I have been too scared to take them as I have a pin and hole in mine. I rarely take any pain relief but just some times a hot water bottle !! As I'm retired can do as little or as much as I feel like.
Xxx

Hi Carolyn I agree that it is good to have somewhere to 'go' when we can't sleep.  I probably managed 3 or 4 hours last night....but I do feel better this morning I took 2 naproxen with breakfast and the hip pain is much better.  Still have a headache but am now sure it is sinus pain....at 2.00am I was imagining all sorts.

The grandkids are 5 and almost 3.  I walk the eldest to school and then fetch her home.  The little one stays at home with me on a Monday instead of nursery - but he has a good nap midday so I put my feet up then.  I love having them.  I do go home tired but I always sleep well on a Monday night!!!

Hiya Lyn
Welcome to our awake club !! It's so nice to be able to post here when the brain won't sleep.
I find a glass of tonic water before bed helps me sleep ..don't know the medical reason but it helps with aches and cramps !!
Best of luck with nanny sitting ..it's hard work as probably pre school age and need constant attention.
Xxx

Hi - I used to post on these forums regularly but don't so much now, although I do read the ones related to SBC most days, especially the 'bones mets'

I have been on letrozole and stable for four years now since primary dx - followed six weeks later with Dx of secondaries.

last time I saw onc he made next appointment for six months time - which will be early March.  He did say to get in touch before should I have any concerns.  The BCN also said when I was leaving that she was always on the end of the phone if I had any concerns.  My GP is pretty good as well.

i have not been a good sleeper since Dx and like most of us it is when we can't sleep that our minds run away with worries.

i just discovered this thread so thought I'd post and see if it helps.

i have a headache for almost 2 days now, paracetamol aren't helping, I tell myself it is sinus or the start of a head cold.

i also have a very achey hip and pain down my leg, I generally take one  naproxen morning and evening but have told myself I will take two tomorrow morning, (I had on with my dinner at 6.00pmish) don't want to take one now because I will need to have something to eat with it and I am not at home - staying over at my daughter's house, I am on babysitting duty tomorrow whilst she snd her husband are at work.

of course I am also hoping that if I can get some sleep it'll all feel a lot better in the morning.

sweet dreams to anyone who does manage to sleep

I had a lovely sleep last night...first one in ages!

some things that help me are Paracetamol...two does help. Breathing in and out very slowly and deeply whilst repeating a mantra or prayer in my head.  A late snack of car s...biscuit.

Hope things go well for all of us tonight.

moijanxx

I usually listen to the farming programme on the radio but i don't suppose that's most people's cup of tea. You could try writing a postcard to your son. Keep it reasonably polite.

Well here we are ladies ..I'm sat on my deck drinking coffee ..and its only 5.41 new time.
I'm not asleep because I don't want to be though but sons dog thought it nice that he woke me up early ......having a six stone boxer dog sat on u gives u no choice ..sooo he's had his early morning dump ..and his breakfast ..so what do I do now at silly o clock ? Answers on a postcard please !!!
Xxxxx

Sorry I didn't see your posts last night, Moijan and JulieD! I was busy shopping and, Carolyn, yes, I did spend too much money! Hopefully not useless stuff, though - I bought some craft things from the Clearance page of the website, but it all added up. Managed to get to sleep quite quickly when I went backnto bed - the hot milk really does help.

Hugs. Barton.x

Community Champion

Slept fairly well last night, but the night before was he##!!

Ps ..shopping channels are very dangerous as at 2am you can easily convince yourself you can't live without a steam mop or ice cream maker and spend !! been there and done that.
Xxx

I too was awake but didn't have my phone upstairs with me to post ..wish I had as I could have joined you all.
Sooo..I looked out the window at a big Fox wandering about outside .. ( we live in town not country side) and then I looked at my new little car parked outside ( don't use garage as its hubbys man cave) and felt smug as its small and cute ..called her Tilly .. all I need to do now is drive again after a year !!
Meet you all here again another night .
Carolyn xxx
Community Champion

Yes I'm here too at the moment, going to try to read myself to sleep! Hope you manage to get off to sleep before you spend all your money!!

Hi Barton,

yes, been catching up on here a bit, but going to have a biscuit, do my injection and cuddle up under the covers.xx

hope you get off to sleep soon. I try to repeat a prayer/ mantra over and over in my head, till my brain gets bored, but have only had about 5 hours sleep nightly latelyxx

hugsxx

Moijanxx

OK, it's after midnight and I'm wide awake! Not enjoying this not sleeping business. I have had to get up and get some hot milk, and am now watching shopping channels on TV - not good at all for the bank balance! Who knew not sleeping could be so hazardous to one's savings! Smiley LOL

Anyone else awake?

Hugs. Barton.x