360756posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide awake after midnight club !

Highlighted

Re: Wide awake after midnight club !

Phew last night was a disaster as far as sleep was concerned ....
It all started when the batteries in my tv remote wouldn't turn it off ..so off I got to switch it off manually.
Then just getting comfy and snug ..I decided I needed to wee ..so off I went again...
Then I realised the window was still open and it was blowing a hurricane here but as I was snug and cosy didn't bother to get out ..
Well my bed is under the window and I woke up later draped in purple curtains that had lifted with the window open and I honestly thought someone was trying to suffocate me
Soooo. .hoping for good sleep tonight or I shall be here moaning again tomorrow ! ☺
Highlighted

Hi FF - I've got the CherryActive brand. The bottle says to mix 30 ml (2 tablespoons) in 240 ml of water. It says that amount provides one of your 5 a day portions of fruit and veg. There's 473 ml in a bottle so it says that's 15 servings. As it cost about £16, it is rather expensive but I've found previously when I'm not on steroids I just need to break the cycle of bad sleep. I'm hoping the one bottle will get me back to sleeping through the night. I hope you can get to sleeping through the night. It's horrid lying awake with all sorts of thoughts going through your mind. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Downbutnotout, I think I'm going to have to see if I can find some. How much do you drink? FF

Highlighted

Not surprised it's expensive, cherries are. Sounds yummy though and worth a try. I'd try anything, well almost. Drinks a bedtime though!

Highlighted

Now then ladies - I've been having trouble with my sleep because of the steroids. My mother had heard that drinking cherry juice before going to bed can help. I'm not sure if it has melatonin in it, or if your body makes more melatonin because the juice helps you to sleep? Anyway, I've slept much better for 3 nights that I've taken it but had a very sleepless night last night after not having it. I'm always unsure if it's psychological with me but whatever it is, I felt much better for my 3 nights of good sleep. The only down side is that it's very expensive. I got mine from Holland & Barrett. It's concentrated so mixed with water.

Highlighted

Carolyn...im not fidgety, just sometimes btm is a bit painful, I just dont get to bed early enough tooxx

Dawn, lucky you dont use an Ipad..far too temptingxx

Highlighted

Yes...but it is my fault for being on the internet!

my  OH rises at the crack of dawn every day, every day and wakes me up? I am SO happy about that as you can imagine!

only popped onto the thread to have a 'bleep'!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Blast!! I was awake, had another disturbed night but didn't have internet on as I  find that wakes me even more. Hope you got some sleep eventually xx

Highlighted

Oh moijan
Sorry wasent about to chat when u couldn't sleep ....
I didn't sleep well either ..think the clock hit 2am before I finally dozed and of course I've only just woke up now at silly o clock ...I seem to get a couple of good nights and a couple of bad ones follow ....
Not pain but just fidgety ...
Highlighted

👓   Looking for some company....but no luck..are we allowed to say Oh 'bleep' on here?

Highlighted

The stars were beautiful at 3.30, not so good later on though. They turn the street lights off here after 12.30 so the view is good. Ssssleep better tonight B xx

Highlighted

Phew I could have done with having my phone in the bedroom last night and posting here ..3.30am and I was still awake ..doh .. tried looking out window , reading and then stupid night shopping on tv ...why do the shopping channels think we want to buy a steam mop or a screwdriver with a torch on it at 3am in the morning !!
Anyway here's hoping for better sleep tonight.
Zzzzz Carolyn xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bonariensis, I'm sorry you lost your mum. Even when  we have differences with them they are still our mum. Dementia is tough. You lose them twice! First the person they are and then the physical form. It is  a cruel illness! I'm glad she  is in a better place. FF

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bonariesis, I'm sorry for your loss particularly at this time of year. I know that in many ways you lost the mum you knew a few years back when the dementia changed her but that won't take away the pain of losing her now. You are right, she is in a better place and I hope that that knowledge will give you some comfort.

You and your family are in my thoughts and I  send you my love xx

Highlighted

Oh, Bonariensis, I'm so so sorry to hear about your Mum - although, as you say, you really lost her some time ago. I have no personal experience of dementia, but I understand how distressing it must be. As you say, a relief for her in the end. Thinking of you during the next few days and weeks. Difficult at Christmas at the best of times. Your Mums care home sounds like it is wonderful - you hear such bad things sometimes. So glad they were so caring of her.

Hugs, and best wishes. Barton.x

Highlighted

Thank you all for your kind thoughts

B xx

Highlighted

Hello B,
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mum, i just want to send big hugs to you and my condolences to you and your family .
I am sure you will be awake most nights for awhile ,just to say i am around and about and thinking of you

Take care ,
Marcelle xxx
Highlighted

Hello B .
Sorry to hear your news but what a long life she led and u were so lucky to have her in your life for so long. Jeanette has said it all in her posting really.
Busy week for you with all the arrangements etc.
Take care xxxxx
Highlighted

Oh B, I'm so sorry for your loss, so close to Christmas too! I fully understand what you mean about her being in a better place now though with no more suffering. I lost my mum 12 years ago she was 53, she had a poorly lady for as long as I can remember, she had heart and lung transplant aged 41 which did give her a new lease of life for around 9 years but through all the drugs she had to take her kidneys then failed. like you I was sad to lose her but happy that she's in a better place with no more suffering, 

Sending you lots of cyber hugs Janette  ((((())))) xxx

Highlighted

Glad you slept better last night Marcelle. Listening to music is good in the middle of the night. At least you can do it with your eyes closed. I have my special nighttime playlist of things I don't suppose many people have heard of. 

I'd been lying awake since 2.30 thinking about my mum when the phone rang at 4.30. I knew straight away what it would be, a carer from he care home to say she had died. She was 95 and had dementia; we lost her several years ago really, and I'm happy for her that she's in a better place, We often didn't see eye to eye. She came through two great sadnesses, one of which was the loss of a child. You hear a lot of bad things about care homes but my mum's was wonderful.

Highlighted

Hi Carolyn and all ,
Thank you I did sleep better last night ,
No Adele and certainly no more Leonard Cohen , Bob Dylan .
Carolyn
I also go for pit stops at night which I'm putting down to the coming of old age or that I have just started the first chemo the first time ever , the joy !!!

I am putting me sleeping better last night for not only stopping listening to Adele but that I went to a friend's big Birthday drinks party , held a glass of bubbly in my hand had a good catch up and a good laugh with friends and felt just normal.
Thank you all again to listening to me and being around ,
Marcelle x
Highlighted

Hello Marcelle
Hope u slept well last night without the help of Adele and feel refreshed better this morning.
I slept really well apart from the wee breaks ...sure I have a second bladder sonewhere which kicks in at night to keep me on my toes !!
Hugs xxx

Highlighted

Hi ,
Thank you all for understanding and being there ,
Tonight Adele is off my playlist Think I will give Robbie ago ,
Hope the fire is out in Manchester ,
Take care
Marcelle xxx
Highlighted

Hi Carolyn, yes it's about 15 minutes from where I am! Looks a nasty fire xx
Highlighted

Jeanette
Just sat here in Pjs watching news ..you have a huge inferno fire in Manchester ..100 households cleared ..hope its not too near you.
Hugs xx
Highlighted

Definitely! Xx
Highlighted

Oh Jeanette
Thank you ...thought I was the only person on the planet that doesnt like her music either !! Much prefer a bit of cold play or Robbie Williams !!
Xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Marcelle, totally get where your coming from, wouldn't it be lovely if our only worry was whether or not we're going to get the Christmas shopping done in time!  As Carolyn said unfortunately we all wear that tee-shirt from time to time.....hey you need to ditch the Adele music though(I think I must be the only person in the world who doesn't get her) for something more up beat 😆😆 like Take That!.....80s style! 

Hugs Janette xx

Highlighted

Hiya marcelle
We have all been there with our dark thoughts at night ...seen the film and bought the tee shirt !!!
Hope u got some sleep and Adele helped you !!
Hugs xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi ,
I lie here wide awake and I don't really want to sleep ,but I also don't want to think .
I don't want to think of , what stage ,what type
What tablet , what chemo when chemo , ,what side effects.
what scan ,cold caps ,clinics , oncs, I could go on and on and I am sure you all could to ,
I just want to clear my mind of this new vocabulary.
The way forward I think is to listen Adele on my headphones , a bit of a downer I know !
but it may work ,lol
Night night

Highlighted
Community Champion

Went to bed at 10! Woke up at 12! Wide awake and stayed in bed til 3, coukdn't stand it any more. Here I sit wide awake! Lots I wanted to accomplish today but will probably need a nap. I'm off work today and wanted to finish some shopping, but it's sleeting! I can see its going to be a change of plans day! Probably some cleaning, gift wrapping and cookie making. I'm off tomorrow too, so will have to shop tomorrow!

Highlighted

Why do dogs wake up so early ? 6pm on a Sunday morning is not on ..its cold and dark and I don't do early morning's but son's dog wants wee and breakfast so here I am sat on decking waiting for him to do his dump so I can go back to my nice warm bed .
Hugs xx
Highlighted

Well today something good came out of my habit of waking very early. I usually turn on the radio after the shipping forecast so am listening to the farming programme at 5.45. This morning my friend Sue who breeds prizewinning Berkshire pigs was being interviewed. I liked and commented on her facebook page. Being a farmer she's an early riser so she commented back and said it was a pity they didn't include the sound and smell of bacon sizzling on the hob.

Highlighted

Thank you all for your kind wishes

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Bonariensis! Have a lovely day. Let the Grandchildren tire youout and sleep well tonight xx

Highlighted

Happy birthday Bona. Have a lovely tea with your grandchildren, they always brighten me up - very tiring though.
It's years since I went to a ceilidh, hope u have a good sleep tonight so that you can enjoy it..
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Bona Have a great Day do something special  Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Highlighted

Hello b
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you

Have a really good day and celebrate your milestone birthday .
Carolyn xxxx
Highlighted

Aww happy birthday Bonariensis,🎂 bet you couldn't sleep because you were excited! 😆 hope you have a lovely day.

Hugs Janette xxx

Highlighted

Woke about 2.45 this morning. I'm always sleepy when i go to bed but it doesn't last. It's my birthday. Three score years and ten as they used to say. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Grandchildren for tea today, ceilidh tomorrow. Hope I can stay awake and looking interested all evening.

Highlighted

Been really busy the last few days so not reading the forums. Glad to hear the wasp mystery has been resolved Carolyn.

Our decorating is finished now - thank goodness - got the new curtains up this morning and bought new cushions this afternoon - looks nice so glad we did it, but hated the disruption.

I am up later than usual tonight. I slept last night until 3.00am and then was awake until 6.30am. I made a cuppa about 6.00am after reading, watching rubbish TV and gazing out of the window....then slept until about 8.00am.

I read somewhere yesterday that it is good to wait until you're sleepy before going to bed, not going to bed to read, or in the hope that you'll sleep.....so giving that a try.

Highlighted

Mystery solved ...the dead wasp was behind the radiator ...I had awful thoughts of the stupid thing !!
Moijan ..hope u get some sleep soon ..horrible when u clock watch .
Julie ..hope u not getting a cold or something ..it's dangerous going out in public as so many germs lurking !!
Found another dead wasp this morning ..must have been two little wasps all loved up and trying to snuggle up in the warm !!
Carolyn xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you got some sleep eventually Moijan.

Carolyn, maybe your sons dog disposed of the wasp?! Hope the thought of where it could be doesn't keep  you awake.

I've been having very disturbed sleep and am tired (and getting a little ratty too). Loo trips are a pain but also have some funny nose/cold/cough going on and disturbing me, then I  start thinking about all the things I  shoul be doing but can't get round to ........

Highlighted

Oh Carolyn, re the wasp, you might have snored it in?

Highlighted

This is not amusing....sleeeep, sleeep! 

Highlighted

Hello ladies
I don't deserve to be here as I've been sleeping well lately but last night when I went to bed and pulled my curtains ..I noticed a dead wasp that was on my sill ( keep forgetting to clean it up!!!) Was missing ....and I kept waking up wandering what happened to it !! Sooo by 4am ..light on and rummaging around the floor looking for it !!!!! Of all the things to worry about in life ....
Anyway ...mystery still not solved ..can't find it anywhere .
Carolyn xxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

My hubby would never suggest painting!! I love fresh paint but like him hate doing it!!

Highlighted

Hiya Lynn
Yes slept quite well and was nice and relaxed drinking my early coffee in bed this morning ( thank u hubby) when a very large wasp came in the window ...AAGH hate them so much ..so quick zap with the wasp killer spray but wide awake by then so up earlier than planned !!
Glad yr decorating is nearly done ..hubby has mentioned the word " quick lick of paint" too ..never just that ..lucky he has a short memory and might forget!!
Carolyn xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Carolyn. Hope you got some sleep in the end?
I was awake a lot last night, but more that I kept waking up rather than laying awake.
I had some strange dreams as well.
Did the boys girls A-Z and at 4.00am got up to make a cuppa - and a toasted muffin😳 Then slept for another hour or so.

We are cleaning the carpets now after decorating.. We gave a leather suite and I am hoping to give that a clean and polish today. Be so glad everything is finished...and back in place.

Highlighted

Could have done with this thread last night ..seem to fidget and tinkle all night long !!
Tried reading ..no good and then tried recapping all the x factor winners since it started ...no good ...so sat up in bed
Matching up odd earrings !! Ha ha.
Xxx