Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide awake after midnight club !

220 REPLIES 220
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Wide awake after midnight club !

Bon, Regardless of previous false alarms you need to chat to someone and get checked out! If you went to the emergency room on Monday would that get you checked out quicker rather than waiting to get into onc. I figure on a Monday there would be people there to operate the MRI or CT scanners.Sometimes on a weekend here in the states there isn't always someone available for the MRI. Maybe getting checked out would eliminate worrying. I say all of this after being a crazy woman years ago! I was having all this pain in the side of my head. Some was shooting pain. I had headaches, searches, stiff n neck and dizzy. I suffered for several weeks with all of this plus fear of the unknown. I didn't want to get checked bc I swore I had a brain tumor. I was driving home from work, was dizzy pulled off the road, called hubby hysterically crying and told him. Hubby came and picked me up. My oncologist had me come right in for an MRI. It was not a brain tumor it was TMJ and my bite was drastically off. I was lucky! Even if it had been a brain tumor it would have been best to know, get a LOS and probably get on a med to reduce inflammation. I hope I'm never that crazy again! Please go get checked out!! Hugs! FF

Highlighted

Hello Bon
I'm so sorry u were alone and worrying at silly o clock this morning ..I was awake too fidgeting but I don't take any technical device to bed with me ..as I would be tapping away all night ...
You must chat to someone about how you feel but I'm the worst one for ignoring things and taking a paracetamol !!
Definately tell the nurse that does your denosumab jab so things can be checked out.
thinking of you and sending hugs and hope u feel better soon so we can have that lunch that I missed recently .
Hugs xxxx
Highlighted

Half past 4 and am fretting though I know I'm not sick like lots of ladies here.Started to feel really tired a couple of weeks ago. Spent most of yesterday in bed. Bad sleep doesn't help. Went down to the community shop to do a shift but I'd got the wrong Saturday. My head feels odd and I .feel nauseous. Who do I talk to? My BCN thinks I'm an idiot after I got upset when my last appt was postponed for several weeks. Have contacted onc twice since I was diag and false alarms both times.Maybe can talk to nurse when I go for denosumab but they are all rushed off their feet.

Went to clear up the kitchen at my daughter's on Friday. She has depression and things get out of hand at home. We are going to a meet up for people with mental health problems and their families on Wednesday. Sorry to moan B xx

Highlighted

I'm sad tp hear about DBNO and am thinking about her family and friends. xx

Highlighted

Hi DBNO
I didn't know you were in hospital, hope it is helping you and things are improving. It must be frusrating watching the walkers coming down off the fells and remembering when you were part of it. Hope your new room is giving you peace and quiet and a chance to rest. Are you in Furness hospital? We went to Barrow once to visit our son who was doing a spell at the shipyard and living in Dalton. I was blown away by the bird life on Walney Island but then you see a lot more birds on the hills and coastline once you get north of Manchester.

Hope you are are back home soon. B xx

Highlighted

Good morning ladies. I hope you and your other halves etc have been behaving yourselves and not getting into any more mishaps.

I'm still attached to the oxygen in hospital but things are improving, albeit rather slowly. I just wish things would improve more quickly. Yesterday, from my high up vantage point, I watched runners and walkers nearing the end of the Keswick to Barrow walk. It's 40 miles. I did it 10 years ago.

I keep Googling to try to find a way of helping to remove the fluid naturally. I moved to a different room last night, the view not quite as good but it's en suite and quieter, so that'll do for me. I'm going to attempt to wash my hair today...so that'll be exciting in the grand scheme of things.

Hope you all have a good day.

X

Highlighted

Oh bon
Sounds like your hubby had too many vino
Collapsos! What a nuisance having to hang around so late .!!
What is worm charming? Do they sort of dance to.music ..sort of like snake charming? Sounds intriguing ?
Hope you have caught up with your sleep now.
Highlighted

Oh, B, what an awful shock for you all! I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end! I hope your husband is recovering.

On a lighter note, I would have thought you would have got a lot of worms in all that rain!

Hugs, and thinking of you all. Barton.x

Highlighted

Didn't get into bed till 3 this morning. Yesterday was our festival, the Blackawton International Festival of Wormcharming. It was a bit of a washout. but a lot of it takes place in the pub. I had gone home to light the fire and flake out and I heard a crash outside. It was my husband falling over as he came home, I found him on the ground streaming blood. He had a large gouge next to his eye. Luckily my son was staying so I got him out of the pub and we set off to A&E with my husband swathed in towels. Luckily I don't drink much any more and the hospital is a familiar place. We didn't have to wait to long but it took an hour to check him out and fix him up and we got back home at 2.30. Wide awake but not worrying about myself, that's a change!

Highlighted

For once I'm going to be glad that i wake at the crack of dawn (or earlier for half the year) A friend has organised a dawn chorus walk tomorrow. Better have some cereal and painkillers for breakfast.

Highlighted

I don't sleep like that every night but probably every other night maybe.
I've got my son's elderly lab , Scooby doo staying and I find his gentle breathing on my bed very calming !!
Also having three colds in a short time has whacked me out too !
Have a few vino collapsos at the weekend ..maybe that will knock u out.xxxxxx🍷🍷🍷
Highlighted

Hi Julia, I get my results on Thursday so not too long to wait this time.
Carolyn, omg what I would give to sleep 12 hours!....actually what I would give for 8 hours! I sleep terrible, I've been up since 5.30 this morning and never sleep through the day, I am constantly tired. My daughter is the opposite, you could peg her on a clothes line and she would sleep, she definitely doesn't take after her mum!
Off to Bowness for the weekend tomorrow, you never know the fresh air up there might knock me out, either that or the wine anyway! 😆
Hugs Janette xx
Highlighted

Hello dbno
I have never had trouble with cough medicine before but I just use Vicks now on my feet and around my neck.
Phew ..hospitals are terrible for parking and it must be a nightmare now at the Christie ..it must be a huge place too.
I don't know whether anyone is sleeping more these days but I went to bed at 9pm last night ..slept like a log until 9am ...I don't nap during the day but twelve hours is more sleep than a baby/ toddler !!
Highlighted

Morning Janette - I would have been very stressed trying to find my way around there on my own too. It is good that the firemen did such an amazing job. It looked pretty severe on the TV. How long will you have to wait for your scan results?

Highlighted

Morning Julia, sorry to hear about your vomiting session that must have been quite severe to have to have an injection to control it!
I was at The Christie yesterday for my CT, oh dear it's a terrible mess what the fire has caused, apparently though the fire men have been brilliant and they have managed to salvage over 20 years of research. Wilmslow Rd was closed so it was a nightmare trying to find somewhere to park, it was the first time I went on my own and I don't know the area really round there and I was getting sooo stress out looking for somewhere!
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

Good morning ladies - thanks for the cyber hand and hugs.

Very disappointing to see on TV the fire at The Christie.

Like you with the cough medicine, Carolyn, I had a nasty vomiting session on Wednesday. Had to get the doctor out to give me an injection to stop it. It's amazing stuff, Cyclizine, it stops the vomiting straight away. I'm now making sure I eat something, and take a Cyclizine tablet, before taking the antibiotics. I'm juicing lots of veg and fruit that have anti inflammatory properties in the hope that they will reduce the inflammation. Time to Google and work out if there's anything else I can do.

Cyber hugs back to you all.

X

Highlighted

Dbno
Oh let's join cyber hands and hope that the a/b do their job and the trial can carry on. It would be so nice for it to be the magic bullet treatment.
Keep in touch xxxxx

Highlighted

DBNO I'm sorry you had such a disappointing day. Let's hope the antibiotics work. Giving you a big hug and holding your hand. B xx

Highlighted

My one hour appointment yesterday turned out to be all day. Had a chest x-ray which showed inflammation in my lungs. I've been given antibiotics in case it's a chest infection (but really don't think it is). If breathing hasn't improved by next week they think it's probably the cancer and so want to put me on steroids. But they said they're not compatible with immunotherapy so I'd likely have to stop the trial because immunotherapy takes about 2-3 months to work, if it's going to, and I can't afford to wait that long to sort out my breathing. So all in all a very tiring and disappointing day.

I hope you're getting over your colds and feeling less old fart-like....

X

Highlighted

Oh, Carolyn, have just read about you being so sick after tkaing cough medicine - just what you (don't) need on top of everything else! I hope you are feeling better now (haven't yet read rest of other posts).

DBNO, sorry to read of your trouble breathing,  but glad the V pillow thing is helping, although you are having to sleep sitting up. Good luck with the trial, but it certainly is a long journey for you, both ways. You must be exhausted by the time you get home!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Hello dbno
That sounds lovely at the farm ..just what you needed to recharge the battery and hopefully kick start the new trial drugs.
FF
This is just not fair ...this lifestyle is it? My bedroom stinks of Vick and deep heat...bedside cabinet drawer is full of everything from paracetamol to Rennie tablets ....at our age should be growing old disgracefully and spending the kids inheritance !!
Xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

My mom used to put it up our noses to relieve stuffiness. I do rub it under my nose. Have t o get in bed quick and shut my eyes then bc it makes them burn and tear. I never thought I woukd have to be this old at t his age. I always wanted to be a young active senior not an old fart!

Highlighted

H Janette and Carolyn - sorry to hear you've both come down with colds. It's so miserable on top of everything else. I do hope they clear up soon. I quite like the smell of Vicks, my mother used to rub it on my chest as a child.

I went to my friend's (former long-term boyfriend) sister's 60th birthday on Sunday and stayed over on the farm (bought a caravan to keep there so I can spend a bit of time out in the hills). It was a lovely afternoon, with bunting, floral china crockery and cake stands, a harpist and a singer - very British. I really enjoyed the distraction from things.

Breathing has become a bit more difficult over the last few days. I soooo need these drugs to work.

Good luck with this week's scan and next week's results Jeanette.

XXX

Highlighted

FF
Ha ha ..definitely an old people's smell ..Vicks and deep heat rub !! Join the smelly old farts club !! (Suppose its one step better than old people's wee !!)
Happy Sunday xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Janette and Carolyn, Bummer on the colds! I always wondered if the Vicks worked. I will have to give it a try, next time I get a cold. I wonder if it works on any cough at night. I used to get a cough at night from my lung mets, nothing to do with a cold. I will have to try it if that happens again. Quite a simple inexpensive remedy if it works! My kids are always saying When they walk in places that have elderly around, I smell old people. I guess if I dig out the Vicks, they will be saying it when they walk in here! Feel better soon girls! FF

Highlighted

Oh Jeanette
You poor love ..I've had 3 colds in a very short time too ...
I swear by lemsip at night and now it's Vick on my feet but its lovely ..feet go all tingly and warm too !!
Took the bull by the horns early this morning and went boot sale/market ..feel better for pushing myself to do something .
Gentle sniffy hugs xxxxx
Highlighted

Morning Carolyn, yes Vick on the soles of your feet does work! I'll be doing that myself tonight I think, got a lovely juicy full blown cold now 😳 

Stocking up on echinasea, paracetamol, vick and tissues!!!!!

Hugs Jeanette xxx

Highlighted

Well ladies after the cough medicine saga last night I did the rubbing Vick on the bottom of the feet and yes IT WORKS .....
I slept from 10.30 to 6.30 without even a little tickle all night !!
It's bizarre ...and sounds hocus pocus but yeah I'll go with it in future !!
Hugs xxxx
Highlighted

Hope tonight is better Carolyn
xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh wonderful Carolyn! Just what you needed! More misery! Throw that stuff away! I was wide awake last night, but no reason! Just was! 1:30 AM I was doing my morning exercises!  FF

Highlighted

Hello
I've still got the remnants of my cold which is a irritating cough at night ..last night took a spoonful of cough medicine and within 5 minutes was violently sick for half an hour so must be allergic !! Been tossing and turning all night since.
Just got off to sleep I think when the birds started singing .....
Highlighted

Hi Janette, I'm so sorry you've had a long night with pain and lots to worry about. There seems little that you can do in the middle of the night to make things better. I'll be thinking about you, your scan and results in the next 2 weeks. Hope daylight has brought its own solace.

I'm lucky, I haven't got much to worry about for myself at the moment so last night I was thinking about some friends, a couple who we met in the pub last night, who seem to be going their separate ways.

Hugs B xx

Highlighted

Yes, a long night for me too Bon, I'm fighting a cold off and my back is giving me some jip too lately so also had the "worry demons" flying round my head! Got CT next week and results the following week, can't come quick enough.....but also dreading it 😕
On a brighter note, it's a beautiful morning here,lovely blue sky!
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

What a long night! But now the thrush has started to sing, the sky has turned smoky pink,  and a crescent moon is shining through the window.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dbno, Glad you got started on treatment. The pillow should help the breathing and maybe the numbness if it helps your neck. Best of wishes! FF

Highlighted

Hi dbno, glad things are going okay for you, it's just a shame that it's such a long journey to the Christie for you, it's tiring enough going to get treatment without the journey too! But I suppose it's worth the trip as it's a fantastic hospital.
I'm there next Thursday 27th for my CT then I see onc the following week for results! 😯
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

Hello dbno
It's nice to hear from you and so glad u started the trial ...hopefully it will work its magic for you.
Wow ..you have been busy with the house move but at least near to family and support.
I'm in daily contact from out mutual friend from oz ..she's at hallwang in Germany this week again for maintenance treatment ....such a long trip but obviously worth it.
Slept like a baby last night ..from the time u posted ..you were awake at silly o clock!!
Hugs xxxx
Highlighted

Dbno.

So glad you have got started on your trial. Hope you go well. You've had so much stress, maybe things will be calmer now. What a long journey you've got to hospital but it sounds like it's the best.

Warm hugs B xx 

{I could have been your mother but I would only have been 18, a bit young for all that probably}

Highlighted

Carolyn, I now realise you'd have been incredibly young to be my mother - you'd have had me at 12 years old! Not sure how I got that confused but was never good at maths. Hope you've avoided the late chocs and coffee and are sleeping peacefully.

I got started on the trial but didn't find out I'd passed all the screening tests till I arrived. So far no side effects.

Carolyn, FF, Bon - I think you were partly right that stress was affecting my breathing but I think it's also because I've been doing too much with the house move (1 1/4 hour journey, one-way) and so many trips to Manchester (2 hours plus, one-way). I'm still having some of the numbness in my face but it's not as bad so it could be my mind playing tricks with me. I had a really bad day the day before and then had a bad afternoon yesterday but I managed a walk with my brother and his dog in the evening. My brother went into town and bought me a v shaped pillow to help prop me up in bed as I find it much more difficult to breathe when lying flat now, and the multiple pillows just weren't comfortable. Although I'm currently awake my breathing is easier for being propped.

X

Highlighted

Well Easter Sunday ..I ate so much choc and drank lots of coffee ..by bedtime I was high as a kite !! Couldn't sleep so put the new Brigitte Jones DVD on and had a good laugh out loud ...fell asleep at 4pm eventually and slept late
So no coffee after mid day and no choc after 2pm rule again !!
Zzzzzz
Highlighted
Community Champion

I agree Dbno. Get started on that trial! Then see what happens. Maybe it is stress related. Give it a week or so. If it continues or gets worse you will need to fess up!  FF

Highlighted

Hello debs
Nice to see you posting again ..you have been silent lately ( or maybe on a thread I don't read!)
How are you ?
Hugs xxxxxx
Highlighted

Can't believe it my kids are identical age!!!! X
Highlighted

Hello dbno
Like Bon says ..I should go ahead with the trial ...could the face pain be just a bad tooth?
Fingers crossed for all to be ok.
Xxxxx
Highlighted

Dbno, If it was me, due to start tomorrow, I wouldn't do anything that might stop it happening, unless i was so ill it wasn't feasible. Your mind might be playing tricks. It happens!.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs B xx

Highlighted

I'm here again and can't blame the dog this time. I'm worried that the mets might have spread to my face. I've started getting some intermittent pain in my right cheek area and numbness, which feels like I've been injected with anaesthetic. The numbness covers, basically, all of the right side of my face, below my eye. My dilema is that if I tell the trial people it might prevent me from starting the trial, which I desperately need because I'm feeling worse daily. Do you think if I get started with Denosumab that it might relieve the symptoms?

Hope you're all doing okay. And thanks for your support.

X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you Carolyn! I do think my son is pretty good looking! We are close  in age I'm 62! FF

Highlighted

FF. ..lovely photo and a handsome son ..it's about time one of yours produced a baby for you to spoil !!
Dbno. ..I'm 64 but sometimes feel 30 in my head still but 90 in the body !! Feel very sad too when I see such young mums/ladies here with this dreadful thing.
Hope the trial goes ok ...they certainly give you the full mot/ service of tests before starting it all .
Hugs xxx
Highlighted

FF You are NOT an old fart, I'm much older than you though my kids are only 35 and 32

DBNO Hope your treatment starts on Tuesday and the SEs are not to bad and that you get results

5 annd 7 year olds have just arrived had better go

Hugs B xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Carolyn mine are 40, 34and 31! It definitely wacked me that he is 40!

FB_IMG_1492176545997.jpg