360452posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife diagnosed with breast cancer, biopsy in 2 weeks

Highlighted

Re: Wife diagnosed with breast cancer, biopsy in 2 weeks

The waiting in brutal Barry, we will all agree with that here and is the absolute worst thing to deal with in this whole sorry business, there is nothing anyone can say to make that part any easier for you both but please try not to convince yourselves of anything until you know for certain, they will sort your wife out if it is BC and will have a plan of action ready for you on results day xx 

Highlighted

My appetite isn't good, I still feel sick. Can't wait for Tuesday week to arrive and we can to get it out of her.
Highlighted

Hi Bazza and welcome to the BCC forums 

i am am sure the support you have found here has been a great help, for further practical support you may  find the BCC publication 'In it together' helpful, here's the link:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/publication/in-it-together-partners-people-b...

Please also feel free to post in the family and partners section where there are lots of threads similar to yours

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Family-partners-and-friends/bd-p/4451

Take care

Lucy BCC

Highlighted
Community Champion

Barry,my husband was in a worse state than me when I was diagnosed ,it is happening to both of you ,very ,very scary time.BUT it does get better once you know what happens next and when.The vast majority of women diagnosed with breast cancer will still be here in 10 years time ,don't panic take a deep breath, there is a very good chance you will both get through this...

Highlighted

She's keeping herself busy at work but like me breaks down now and again. 2 weeks is an age!

Highlighted

Sorry I thought you were waiting for biopsy not the results.. yes a nightmare waiting! You have to try see the positive in the fact that they have found it.. lots out there have it and are unaware until it's too late sadly. So it's good it's been found and she is now on the road to recovery. It's good to cry, get it out of your system. How is your wife holding up? x

Highlighted

Waiting is a living nightmare! Finding it difficult to eat and cry and so many songs on the radio! Hoping when we know what needs to be done will help things

Highlighted

We live in Barkingside Essex, hospital is King George. She had mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy straight after each other. How did they read your biopsy results so quick?

Highlighted

I had a biopsy at the same time as the mammogram and ultrasound, the day I was called back. Where do you live? Hope you are able to relax a little... horrible waiting x 

Highlighted

I'm not sure if I'd swear at the doctor for putting us through the torture by diagnosing incorrectly or just scream out hallelujah! Your words are comforting though Jo and if surgery is needed we'll get rid of the bugger!

Barry
Highlighted

Barry they told me mine would be fine but it wasn't so they don't always get it right, if it is they will deal with it, it is nothing like you would fear, they are all so calm and have an answer for everything that it helps keep things in perspective, I have come across some remarkable ladies on This forum who are many many years down the road and are full of help, kindness and positivity, it's early days and I know all too well the feelings of shock and fear but the waiting on results is as bad as it gets and everything else from then on is the road to recovery and getting back to some sense of normality, I know it's hard to believe right now but it will happen, I'm 6 months from initial diagnosis now and am working full time and looking forward to my sons wedding next month followed by a holiday , life is good again and we live every day to the fullest in our house Xx Jo 

Highlighted

Thank you familytree and missmore. The doctor seemed fairly positive from the mammogram and ultrasound 😞
Highlighted

Sorry to hear about your wife but please remember 80% come back negative... lets hope that's the case but if it's not it isn't the death sentance it once was so try to stay positive. easier said than done I know but there are so many woman who have been through this (and men) who live to tell the tale. 

sending love x

Highlighted

Jobey68, Mr Ojo said the lump was breast cancer but needed the biopsy results to be 100%. I guess the physical and mammogram and ultrasound helped him with the diagnosis 😞
Highlighted

Bless you Barry, please try not to think like that, there are plenty of us here through the other side and planning on being around for a long time yet! I was diagnosed in March and and was lucky enough to have an early cancer only needing a small op and 3 weeks of radiotherapy, my husband totally held me together although he was terrified of what may happen but as you get results and learn more you will realise it's not an instant death sentence and there is so much treatment available now, 2 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for biopsy results and how are they so certain it is cancer before they have done the biopsy tests ? I had my results back in a week and then I knew what we were dealing with and things started to get easier, you will get her through this x 

Highlighted

Oh dear Barry, sorry to hear about your wife
two weeks is a long time to wait, perhaps you could ask for more information from the breast cancer nurse, also it helps to read up on things here and on macmillann site. You can also call the folk here for help
she's probably in shock but try and talk about everything it does help and she can get support from others here, it's a great deal easier to speak to people who are in the same position
good luck
sheena
Highlighted

Wife diagnosed with breast cancer, biopsy in 2 weeks

Hi,

I thought this would never happen but my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on tuesday. The lump is about 2cm and we're going back for the biopsy results in 2 weeks. I've since read up and many people have gone through it and lived to tell the tale, but it's difficult to hold back the tears at the moment. I know I need to be strong for her but the mearest thought of not having her in my life makes me well up.

Barry