cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Wife newly diagnosed

14 REPLIES 14
SueW

Re: Wife newly diagnosed

I cannot add anything to what the lovelybpeople have put so far other than to say communication between you and your wife is key. I agree with Pecan and me and my lovely hubby are super united in beating this x
anitajane

I'm in for surgery on 20th September so your wife is definitely not alone - this forum is full of wonderfully supportive people.  Tell her to come alone and join us!

Newbrunette

Hi Paulie

I'm having a lumpectomy on 25th - so if your wife jins this forum there will be someone at the same point in treatment as her. It's lovely that you have come here to support her - and make sure you get your space to talk too. 

Paulie652010

Thank you 😊 it's a big journey my wife is going on there will be tears and laughs but I will be with her through it all.
Keep strong xx
Paulie652010

Thank you 😊 it's a big journey my wife is going on there will be years and laughs but I will be with her through it all.
Keep strong xx
rosietd

Hugs to you both. I have been on my cancer journey for just over 4 weeks now and this forum has been invaluable in providing a soundboard and in enabling me to connect with women in a similar position to me. Also hugely supportive and inspiring to hear from the people who have been through it and come out th other end. xx

Feather1944

Thinking of you both Paulie and Maggie xxx

Paulie652010

Thanks sue c, yes just getting my own head around it is bad enough. Hopefully my wife will join the forum have told her it's a great site with lots of lovely people to talk to. xx 

Keep strong everyone

Paulie652010

Thank you.
Paulie652010

Thank you for your reply, yep my head is all over atm god knows what Maggie's ( my wife) head is like. I'll stay strong and give her all the love and support she needs. Goes for her lumpectamy on 23 aug so building up for that now. 

Keep strong everyone πŸ™‚

Jill1998
Community Champion

Welcome Paulie, lots of advice and support on this forum both for those diagnosed and partners/family .Feel free to ask any questions ,usually someone will be able to help .Jill.
Sue C
Community Champion

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Getting the results always feels devastating. It seems to take a while to get your head round it all. Once you get the treatment plan in place though it will start to feel better.

Maybe your wife would like to join the forum. There are lots of threads on here where she can talk to other ladies going through the same treatment. We try to advise and support as much as possible.

Sending you both a hug xx

Chaffinch17

You will both find plenty of support here, speaking from experience, having a supportive partner is so important for your state of mind. My OH is a soppy fella and I worry about him as much as he worries about me, but we support each other and it has brought us even closer. Good luck with treatment, sounds like an early diagnosis so hopefully her outcome will be good.

Optimissy64

Hi Paulie

what a horrible shock for you both, especially as she has had other health problems previously. It will take a while to learn the new "language" of Breast Cancer - (well, took me a while even with the help of the booklets they give you.) Be aware that breast cancer is one of the most treatable of cancers and folk  on this site are proof of that. Use this site or Macmillan for info, but don't Google generally as a lot of stuff out there is out of date and inaccurate. It sounds like you are a lovely supportive husband and this will make all the difference to her in the weeks and months  to come. Take it a day at a time, and when she has her treatment plan it will all start to make a bit more sense and you will both feel a bit more in control. I imagine right now your heads are in that place where everything feels a bit surreal and your brains turn to mush. Take it easy and use this site. All the very best to you both. x

Paulie652010

Wife newly diagnosed

Hi everyone well what a whirlwind couple of weeks, my wife went for routine breast screening few days later was toldplease come to hospital we've found a shadow on your right breast, went to local hospital week later and she had 2 mamagrams and 5 more biopsy fast forward to yesterday my wife and my self went for results and our worse fears she has breast cancer 😒 it's stage 3 invasive ductal breast cancer ( apologize if that's not right ) size of tuma is 12 mm so quite small and I think I remember the consultant saying it's HER2!! ?? Again apologies if that's not right. Absolutely devastated for my wife as she has just gone through NHL ( non Hodgkin's lymphoma) and now this. She is so brave and strong like all the woman who go through this horrible disease my heart goes out to you all. Just thought I would write on here to help me get my head round this aswell.
My thoughts are with everyone.