Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wig maintainance!

12 REPLIES 12
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Wig maintainance!

I did invest in a real Hair Wig but I know it won't be the same as my own hair, but hopefully I don't look to silly! 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

I did invest in a real Hair Wig but I know it won't be the same as my own hair, but hopefully I don't look to silly! 🙂

jacqui37

Oh Lady Victoria,

I am sure that you will not look like a Muppet on your wedding day! Though I do understand that is must be disappointing not to have more hair in time.
Have you considered treating yourself to a new wig and having it styled especially for your wedding day? It may feel a little more special.
Have a wonderful day!
Jacqui x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies I am having to wear my wig for my wedding as I still don’t have enough hair for extensions (6 months after chemo I’m gutted!) I was wondering if anyone had gotten married wearing a wig? I am so scared I’ll look like a Muppet! Thanks! xx

jacqui37

So pleased I could help! 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all of your advice, very very helpful - i really was given terrible advice as to how to look after my wig!

Jacqui, thank you so much for that little nugget, it appears that i am indeed entitled to a 2nd wig on NHS so i've ordered a new one and will make sure i look after that one properly! Thank you, would never have know about that if you hadn't mentioned it 🙂

jacqui37

I used the Dimple products too, but I noticed on the Trevor Sorbie 'My New Hair' website that they recommend fabric conditioner for synthetic wigs ... much cheaper! I only wore my wig occassionally so it didn't get a chance to get tatty.

But, Jem, if your wig is 5 months old and you have been wearing it most of the time, it is probably beyond saving. When I got mine they told me that a synthetic wig has a 4-6 month life and my friend who has alopecia says that she replaces hers three times a year, and as she has been wearing them ful time for last 7 years she is quite an expert. Julie must be doing something right!

My BCN said that if I was still wearing my wig after 6 months I could get another wig prescription, but I really like my short hair.

Jacqui

juliebtaurus

i just wash mine about 1x week with ordinary johnsons baby shampoo ( recommended by a my new hair salon its what they use on their wigs )i wash it in cold water condition it and let it dry overnight i tease it into place with my fingers and spray it with hot hair wig conditioner i got with the wig to style it and i wear mine all day everyday since may and its still like new x Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

I use the Revlon shampoo and balsam for wigs, used in cold water and wash inside out. I think the my new hair website has hints and tips for looking after your wig!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi jem, spray it when its dry, also dont try to brush it until its completely dry.
Sharon

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Sharon! I don't think i have looked after mine very well at all - i don't wash it that often!! I have the dimples oil, so do you think i could rescue my wig if i start washing it weekly and spraying it with the oil? Do you spray it with the oil when it is dry or still wet? Sorry for all the questions but i wasn't given very good advice regarding looking after my wig...I've had it for around 5 months now and don't really want to splash out on another one if i can help it

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi jem, i wash my wig once a week with wig shampoo, and leave overnight to dry, then spray with wig oil. I bought a set of shampoo, rejuvenating oil, hairspray, and wig brush, from the simply wigs website for £19.99 in was the rene of paris range, but they have many other brands.I have put the link below. I have found these keep my wig looking like new. The more i have washed and treated it with the oil, the better it looks and feels like real hair. Hope this helps.
sharon
http://www.simplywigs.co.uk/catalogue/wig-aftercare/maintenance-travel-kits/index.html

Guest user
Not applicable

Wig maintainance!

My wig has gotten very tatty and dry is there anything at all i can do to rejuvenate it or do i just have to buy a new one? Any advice very much appreciated 🙂