Wig shopping

I am going to look at some wigs today. Despite using the cooling cap at my first chemo my hair started coming out on day 14. My daughter say iits getting very thin on top. I am looking for a red or auburn wig as that was my colour when I was a child & teenager. Should surprise everyone. I am not hiding away. If this breast cancer is what I am living with I will live it God’s way.

Dont panic. Mine did exactly the same after the first chemo and then slowed down completely. Like you I bought a wig as a stand by and didnt use it. I finished chemo in june and my hair has come back thick and fast. Stick with it if you can. I probably lost half. The bit on top happened to me too but I think that’s probably where the cap hadn’t fitted properly. Make sure you give it a good tug down when they put it on. I used to joke if god knows all the hairs on my head his subtraction skills had better be good. It is do able…not always easy…but you will come out the other end ready to start afresh

Be interested to hear how you get on Proudprestonian. I’ve decided that if I go for a wig then I’m not going to hide and pretend it’s my real hair but get something I could never have normally - something straight with a fringe. Having lived with curly hair that is fine around the front all my life neither have been easy to achieve. I met someone the other day who had several different wigs, all totally different from one another, and used to decide which to wear each day depending on her mood. Happy shopping. x