Wigs question

I’ve been thinkning about maybe getting wig - I finished chemo last November and my hair hasn’t grown that much. It’s not too bad at the front and sides, but on top and the back it’s very thin and I look like I’m balding! I’m on Tamoxifen so that probably is not helping. I was happy wearing scarves whilst on chemo and after, but now I’m getting a bit fed up with them. I don’t really want a wig either, but the way my hair is growing I think it might be best. Can anyone tell me roughly how much to expect to pay, and if there is any help available for chemo patients in buying them (I’m on ESA so am not flushed with cash)? Is there any advice also generally in buying a wig?

Hi helm

Whilst you await replies here’s the link to the BCC ‘hair loss’ publication where you will find information which you may find useful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-cancer-hair-loss-bcc54

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi Helm,

I’m in NI so we seem to do things as differently / awkwardly as possible.  However, on my first day of chemo I had someone come to the hospital with a suitcase of wigs for me to choose from.  They were from Macmillan, so it might be worth contacting them?  They told me they had a retail of £400 to £500!!!

Hope you get something sorted - can’t wait to be shot of mine!!

Jxo