Willow Foundation

Hi

I don’t know if you all know about this foundation, but for women.men with breast cancer under 40 you can apply for you “special day” and they pay for it all for you and your family and even friends if that’s what you want.

I don’t think is even limited to breast cancer it’s for people who suffer anf form of illness that may restirct there lifes.

I have requested going to the final of the x factor but as a second choice have put down a trip to London to see Mamma Mia on the stage along with the LOndon Eye, a meal ect.

Just thought I’d let you all know in case you are interested.

I did your second option through the willow foundation in June this year and it was absolutely brilliant. Everything is taken care of and my husband, myself and my son felt “special” the whole weekend, it was a real turning point for me, as it allowed me to “appreiciate” that yes i and my family had been through a crap time.
The criteria is that you have to be under 40 and have a life threatening condition, The foundation help you fill out the application form if you get stuck and i have nothing but praise for the whole organisation!!!
Anna

Hi all,

I too am singing the praises of the foundation. They paid for my friend Julia (a user of this forum who sadly passed away very suddenly in march) and all her family to go to Center Parcs for a whole weekend. Literally her whole family went and all expenses were met by the Willow Foundation. She had a lovely time and I am so pleased they gave her the opportunity to do it,

Kelly
-x-

Hi All

I applied to the Willow Foundation as it was suggested by one of the nurses while I was going through my radiotherapy, she said it was worth applying for so I did and I’m off for a trip on the Orient Express in November to London with my best friend. Can’t wait!

Anyone that’s thinking about applying, go for it, you deserve a nice time after going through all this c rap!! xx

I’m too old!
Anyone know of similar jollies for a 57yr old?
Thanks, Lynn

I too went on a lovely weekend trip thanks to the Willow Foundation. I had a weekend at the St Davids Hotel in Cardiff with my husband and two friends, me & my husband had two treatments each then we all had meals in the restaurant. It was so relaxing and we really felt special

Do you know if you can apply if you are in your 40th year, I was 40 in March??
Thanks
Dawn

Dear Dawn
I had a really lovely day organised by Willow Foundation however I think they are quite strict about age as I seem to remember somebody else asking this question (not sure if on this website though) but there is another organisation called the HoneyRose Foundation which also organises special days out and I think it’s for any age. I have just checked out their website and at the moment they seem to be over subscribed and are not taking any more applications right now however it may be worth speaking to them to see whether this situation is likely to change. I’ve pasted the link although it may be taken off so if it is, just google Honey Rose Foundation.
honeyrosefoundation.co.uk/

Best wishes
Ruby xxx

Hi Dawn

Think you would still be eligible for the WIllow Foundation as their web site says “you must be aged between 16 and 40 (inclusive)”, which I would take as meaning you are eligible until you are 41.

And thanks for the Honey Rose link, Ruby - I am 52 so am definitely too old to benefit from the Willow Foundation!

Kay x