363437posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck !

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Wish me luck !

Good luck Cosmo.  I went on Monday for injections and had my operation Tuesday.  

The thought of it all is very daunting, but I was home teatime on Tuesday.  I'm a little tender and tired but it's been much easier than I expected.

Hope all goes well for you too, will be thinking about you x

Good luck for next week Cosmo. It takes a while for it all to sink in -probably  some days feeling upbeat, and others waking up and thinking "Bl**dy hell, I've got CANCER". If you've been lurking round this site for a bit you won't need me to repeat what many others have correctly said - treatment for breast cancer has evolved so much and so quickly in recent years that the Cancer word need not strike dread into us. Blue wee is also accompanied by green poo by the way, so drink plenty of water post-op then it will flush out quickly, and that will help flush the anaesthetic out too. My breast care nurse rang me 2 days after the op to see how i was and was surprised I was not a "bluey" any more and said "you must have been drinking a lot of water". I take it you are having WLE and SLNB if you're going to be blue? I had this in December and was very surprised at how doable it was - thought I'd be reclining in front of a few box sets for days, if not longer, but actually was down the pub next day........(on water, I might add!) and doing my usual local walk. Do use this site for advice and support as needed and let us know how you get on. xxxxxxx

Hope all went well

I am off for my blue wee and tears on Monday - followed by op on Tuesday.  First post on this site - and reality of whats happening to me sinking in...x

Thank you everyone. I am over the panic now and feel quite calm about it all.......so far !
I'll check back in in a day or two.
This is a great support group !

Thank you everyone. I am over the panic now and feel quite calm about it all.......so far !
I'll check back in in a day or two.
This is a great support group !
Community Champion

Sending a big hug and best wishes for tomorrow. You'll be so relieved when the little blighter is out! No green poo or blue wee for me, so I feel I've missed out 😱. I found it so much better than I imagined, and apart from the drain being a bit of a nuisance, fairly painless . X

Yes Maggie - we should have saved the news about the blue boob, blue wee and green poo as a surprise for her, plus the pale corpse-like face........(Don't panic Jintze - it is a source of amusement on here when we have wire localisations and the blue dye added (when we are under the anaesthetic ) and things are a bit "off-colour" for a day or so.....Nothing to be alarmed about, but much to be amused at.

🙂 xxx

by this time tomorrow it will be over ... my own op was scary to think about and a doddle in reality, easy to say, but true plus you do get the experience of being radioactive and blue in places you never expected! best thought and wishes at this scary time!

That is great news thank you. I will certainly let you know.
Best wishes
Jeanette

Good luck indeed Jintz! I had the same op as you last December and all sorted now, rads finished in Feb and  now doing all the things i used to do. If not for the two scars - fading fast now - I wouldn't know I had had Breast cancer.You'll be fine! Keep that attitude and let us know how you get on. xxxxx

Wish me luck !

So I am off for my sentinel node biopsy this morning and lumpectomy tomorrow at 7am. Bit anxious of the op but am going with a positive attitude. So much to look forward to in the future.
I'll check back in later in the week.
Good luck to anyone else having similar things or even if you just need it !
God Bless x