Wish me luck!!!

First Tax in the morning after 4 FEC really worried but also feel that on the 3 rd chapter of this horrible disease, so pleased about that. I am having 4 doses is that usual and then 6 wks of rads, roll on the end of April.
What should I be asking the onc nurse to take home as away over Christmas approx 3.5 hrs away from hospital with ref to painkillers, mouth wash etc.
Thanks everyone

C

Also who saw Kylie on X factor last night, god I hope BC makes me turn out looking that great, am I the only one who has become obsessed with her???

Hi there

I’m totally in LOVE with Kylie since I’ve had the BC! She says that people comment on her skin all the time, and the closest I get is that I’m getting comments on mine too… good comments that is! But I’m sure she’s had a bit of help.

Anyway, the only thing I can think to ask is a mouthwash called Nystatin (I think, if I remember correctly) which really helped with the ulcers and foul mouth I had on Tax. Also just make sure you have juice and jelly in as it’s so nice an cool on the mouth that it was so nice to eat.

You will need painkillers for your achey bones and a bit of help from your familly for a couple of days, but aside from that you should feel OK.

Good luck

Cecelia. x

Hi zjlove,

Best of luck with the tax. I really hope you won’t have many side-effects.

Saw Kylie too last night and thought she was great.

Best wishes,
Smythie

Hi there
just a comment on the skin , are we meant to be getting geat skin from all this ? or is the copious amounts of water we’re drinking that help in that dept ?
cant compete with kylie sadly in all areas really

cally x

Hi zjlove,

Good luck for Wednesday, I too am having 4 FEC 4Tax but don’t start my Tax till Jan so can’t offer advice, just lots of love and good wishes that you sail through!

My skin looks quite healthy I suppose, maybe it is partly due to the water and lack of alcohol? But some days I have a very rosy pink glow (directly after chemo) and a week on I think I look a bit yellow? If I turn blue I’ll start to worry!! Re Kylie - amazing! Someone told me she has a video out with her talking about her bc, haven’t seen it, has anyone else?

Love to all,

Louisa xxx

Big hugs to everyone about to start chemo and those who are currently having it. I have my last CMF on Wednesday and in the most bizarre way, I will miss visiting the chemo suite - it has been my life since the end of June!!

I too adore Kylie, but I always cry when I see her on TV!!! She looks more fantastic than ever and is proof that life after BC goes on.

My complexion since starting chemo is glowing - never better. I just hope it stays that way. In fact, my friends and colleagues joke that if that’s what chemo does, they’ll all have a bit of it (I THINK NOT!).

My chemo nurse asked me last week how I would sum up my chemo experience. I said “Chemo is my best friend and ironically, my worst enemy”.

Lots of love to you all, I hope you manage to have a good, relaxing christmas.

Carly x

Hi Carly glad yu are on last CMF I am due my last epi on 27th then I start on CMF in Jan - Epi has been a nightmare with never really getting the sickness under control, infection and very low blood and energy, Is it esier on Cmf ? How is it administered? is there some kind of injecion involved? With regrd to skin I look like I have been on a sunbed day one and two then it is lovely, I think it’s because i am never well enough to get out so no pollution affecting it ha ha.
Mx

It makes me a bit emotional too when I see Kylie. To see her looking so great again and out there performing does give me hope, especially as she’s about the same age as me. I could really identify with things she said in her recent documentary (White Diamond). One thing stuck in my mind. People kept asking her why she was putting herself through a gruelling concert tour again after all she’d been through. Her answer was simply “because I wanted to”! Dealing with her dx must have been more difficult with it being so public but I take my hat off to her (not literally, my hat ain’t going nowhere until I’ve got some hair again, ha ha!!).

Nicola

Hi

Yes the documentary is White Diamond as Nicola mentions above.

Made me cry when I watched it! I just adore her

Cecelia. x

Hi all
maybe the skin thing is to do with the rapid cell turnover. I too look pink then a bit luminescent . Its scary isnt it . friends think I look like I’ve had a ski holiday.
Havent seen the kylie doc , strangely I dont cry as much as I used to so dont know if it would set me off . Think I’ve toughened up somewhat , although the secret millionaire pgm does get me sometimes .

cally x

Hi all,

had first TAX yesterday and was OK last night no sickness like with FEC and think the steroids have kicked in as on a cleaning mission. I know that probably the worst is yet to kick in, when did most people start to feel yucky. My two little ones are being as good as gold but I just want to b able to put care into place if I feel horrid over the next couple of days, all advice gratefully received.
Love to all

C