Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woman's Hour, Radio 4, 10am tomorrow morning

22 REPLIES 22
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Woman's Hour, Radio 4, 10am tomorrow morning

Excellent interview, Alison - you were able to mention all the issues we've dealt with when being given our secondary dx, AND get in a plug for the importance of getting good practical and emotional support from the onc team, Mac nurses, BCC, etc. A big thank-you from all of us! xx

June_BCC

Hello

Here is the link to the broardcast.

http://bbc.in/snt0gZ

best wishes
June, moderator

bertie

Brilliant Alison, you came across as very confident. I will try and get a copy of the Professor's book.

Well done
Marina x

Tawny

My first time, though they say I have a face made for radio - boom, boom! It was actually quite a relaxed environment. I was desperate to plug BCC as it was via them that the broadcast was possible. Once I'd got that done I could have stayed all morning!

Thank you to everyone who has commented positively.

Now back to doing the dishes ;-(

Alison

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Alison, just listened on catch up, very eloquent shame it wasn't a longer slot, loving the BCC plugs, Simone xx

Wandy

Superb Alison!! Well done!

Wandyx

Alto

Very well done - I'd have been terrified! You came across really well; have you done anything like this before?

A couple of nice plugs for BCC as well!

Jane xxx

Tawny

Hi everyone,

Thanks for being so nice! I was a bit nervous and didn't say everything I wanted to, but I hope what I did say made sense and rang true.

In response to an earlier poster (sorry, haven't gone back to check your name), I hadn't read the Prof's book but I now have a copy in my grubby mitts so will let you know what I think of it.

Alison

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Alison, you were great.

Sue xx

mrsblue

Don't forget, those of us with secondary bc can submit tips for health professionals on the online page of "little things that make a BIG difference"
http://share.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondary-breast-cancer/

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Alison!

Lx

Slendablenda

Hi Alison,
I heard it and thought you were great.I wondered if it was one of the ladies from here.
Well done you.

Magda

You were marvellous ! 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Very well done, Alison. Best wishes to you. X

Mezzomamma

Great job, Alison.

My best wishes to you.

Cheryl

Alto

Just a quick bump as it's almost 10 am. I'm listening from work on my teeny little DAB radio...

Good luck Tawny!

Jane xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

i am a massive R4 fan and love womens h. best of luck for a great discussion i will listen for sure. excellent topic!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck Tawny, I will try and listen in too.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi. Good luck!! I think it is all down to LISTENING nd TRUST nd RESPECT. All three of these need to work both ways.

Sadly my Son died as a result of medical neglegance nd I came to bc v v sceptical of Drs. However, I have found an onc who does all three of these........when she has time!! And that's another story!!

Hope it goes well.

Sadie Xx Xx

bertie

Hi Alison,

I will definitely tune in as I am very interested in this topic, well done you for discussing this on radio, I am sure lots of others will be listening too.

Good luck
Marina x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Alison

I'll definitely tune in. Hope the people that really need to tune in (docs and nurses) also do.

Unfortunately, I've got multiple examples of poor communication since I was diagnosed with stage IV from the start a few months ago and have come to the conclusion that some doctors and nurses really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near patients!

Good luck

Laurie x

sheil

Hi Alison
Wow, impressed I am. I'll not be able to tune in but hopefully will catch it on the play-again option.
I wish my docs would listen, especially if the message is anything like - give the patient some good news for gdsake. Knowing what I know now about my symptoms they could have told me a number of things that would have helped me in the very early stages. Like the reason we have to take 10 biopsies from the one area while gripped in mammogram machine for 30 minutes is that the tumour is small. If I'd known that at the time the process would have been so much more bearable.

Anyway - much good luck on your big day.

Is the book worth buying?

S

Tawny

Woman's Hour, Radio 4, 10am tomorrow morning

Dear all

I shall be on Woman's Hour tomorrow morning talking about a book written by Professor Jonathan Waxman, oncologist at Hammersmith Hospital. The premise is to discuss the importance of the relationship between doctor and patient when delivering a cancer diagnosis and the things that doctors need to be aware of, and the kind of things that patients maybe could bear in mind when facing a diagnosis.

I'm a bit nervous, but hope that some of you will be able to tune in.

Alison