Words of encouragement from a very good friend.

Hello Ladies. I wanted to share this email message that I received from a lovely friend of mine, after telling her of my diagnosis a few weeks ago:-

> Oh Dear Lynda, I’m sorry that yet again you have to face bad news BUT there is good news there! A hormone drug and radiotherapy is good. The fact that the lymph nodes may be clear is very good, it means it could all be contained within it’s sac. I know it is no consolation but think of what some women have to endure. You have to be strong now and believe everything will work out. Doctors will tell you that those patients who stay positive have a much better success rate. You need to minimise stress, eat well and try to keep fit and you will fight this. It is a setback not a disaster. I’m not sure what Jan’s diagnosis and treatment was but she is doing so well so draw inspiration from her. Actually maybe talking to her might help you get through all this. Have they set a date for the op or are they giving you the radiotherapy to shrink the tumour before setting a date? Make sure you have a good back up from your surgery as the radiotherapy often makes people feel depressed so be sure to get help if you need it. You must keep up your spirits. There has been a lot written about diet and the need to eat a balanced diet to keep up energy levels etc look into it and get as healthy and strong as you can but above all stay positive.

> 

> I will contact you when I get back to see how you are doing but do mail me letting me know how you are getting on or if you just need to let off steam.

What a lovely message to receive. I am feeling very positive and messages like this just give me so much more encouragement.

That is a very positive message to get and we should all take comfort and courage from it, Onwards and upwards now.xxxx