cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work frustruation

9 REPLIES 9
hibald

Re: Work frustruation

Thank you for yoour kind support ladies, I work in social care and whatsmore is the woman who said this, is a social worker!!!
hibald

Thank you for your kind support ladies, I work in social care and whatsmore is the woman who said this, is a social worker!!!
carrie35

Unbelievable I would email her photos of what cancer looks like and the procedures you are going through! Chances are she would make a big issue of having a mammogram!

Guest user
Not applicable

Unbelievable! I would have told her what I thought of her. Definitely tell your manager as I'm sure this won't be the first inappropriate comment she will have made.
I am a parish councillor and was advised that I tell the councillors about my dx because following one of the staff being off for 12 mths with ovarian cancer which was kept confidential, one of them walked up to the poor girl and said "what were you off with then? Cancer?" Poor girl was in tears. I've asked that they are not told until after the op. the Clerk has been great and won't say a word but people never fail to amaze with their lack of sensitivity.
Hope the treatment is going ok x
Bowl_of_cherri

Hibald so sorry that you have to work alongside such an ignorant %&*" . I think Alexbombalix is right, put it in writing, and make an informal complaint to your line manager. Your LM will need to have a word with her. From now on keep a diary of any other issues. Formal grievances can take months to sort out and you don't need that sort of stress at the moment. If a similar thing happens again, you can esculate it. Kathyx
Guest user
Not applicable

This makes me angry - I dont think I would take out a grievance but I would put in writing exactly what you has been through and how her comment had made you feel.
People are just thoughtless and ignorant sometimes. A friend with terminal cancer had a 'friend' saying to her how lucky she was to have the summer off!
Lols

Hi hi bald, I don't know what you should do, but I feel mad when I hear stuff like that, ask her if she wants to swap with you, one dose of chemo and a bit of surgery and she'd soon be swapping back!!! Good luck whatever you decide x
Trisha_51

Hello Hibald, looks like your not the only one out there with rude, ignorant and insensitive colleagues, -see the thread 'How to Handle Insulting Comments'. I'd have a word with my manager about these comments, this woman (and I use the term loosely ) has no idea what you are going through at the moment. The last thing you need are insensitive or ignorant people around you. Good luck and take care Pat x
Lucy_BCC

Bumping up for hibald

hibald

Work frustruation

I'm HER2 positive, stage 3 and still undergoing treatment but returned to work 2 mths ago. A colleague has just referred to my cancer treatment and journey so far whilst off work, as nothing more than sitting at home with my feet up!!! Should I take out a grievance against her.