Worried about IBC

Hiya everyone, recently I have been experiencing swelling and pain in my right breast, which is now around a cup size larger than my left. I have found thickenings around my nipple and went to the GP. He referred me to the breast cinic, and put me on a course of antibiotics as the pain feels very like mastitis (I had this whilst breasr feeding my children…many years ago lol) but didn’t seem too worried. However the antibiotics aren’t reducing the pain or the swelling. Since then I have noticed a discolouration which looks like tiny thread veins and a white raised patch which goes under my areola and seems to cause crepiness in my skin in this area. I’m now quite worried, and wondered if anyone else experienced these types of symptoms. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this Lisa

Hi Lisa, sorry you find yourself with this worry but you have done the right thing seeking help, I was pretty much the same as you in that I had breast swelling and thickening of the skin , it had the look of orange peel , anti b’s made no difference, I was diagnosed soon after with IBC and things moved quickly with regard to treatment, you can only wait and see what the breast clinic say, they will probably do Biopsys and ultra sound , really hope it’s nothing sinister don’t let them fob you off , there is NO lump with IBC and it often does not show up on mammograms, only biopsys give relable answers. Good Luck and let us know how you get on. Sending you a hug as you’ll probably be needing one xx

My breast was swollen and feeling hard all round, but I had no pain whatsoever. Hope you get results soon and it’s nothing sinister.

Hi Tillybob, thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and hope you are on your way to better health.
Thanks for the information about there being no lump with IBC and the hug. I had never heard of it before. In fact, I’m not sure if my GP has either. I have a clinic appointment on Monday, and will keep you informed.

Thans 3network3 for your reply.

Your support is very much appreciated

Hiya everyone, I’ve just this minute got in.
I had an ultrasound and mammogram, and both came back clear.
The doctor suggested that as I have been on HRT for over 10 years, this may be the culprit for my symptoms. So back to the GP to try this tack.
Thank you all for your support. I don’t know what I would have done without you, you kept me sane in an insane situation xxxxxx

Hiya everyone, I’ve just this minute got in.
I had an ultrasound and mammogram, and both came back clear.
The doctor suggested that as I have been on HRT for over 10 years, this may be the culprit for my symptoms. So back to the GP to try this tack.
Thank you all for your support. I don’t know what I would have done without you, you kept me sane in an insane situation xxxxxx