Worried after 14 years BC free

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Worried after 14 years BC free

Its done it again have a choice

Oh dear bloody iPad. Hchoicechoice

Hi Wendy,

Sorry the news isn't that reassuring :(. My gap wasn't so long as yours - I went about 5 years and don't remember being that shocked. My first dx was in 1990 then second time in 1996 but there was little information then, and no forums either. I suspect it was much the same for you 14 years ago. Hopefully you will find the support here a great help if those results are positive.

I am curious what the last few words of your post mean :).

Dawn
xx

Thanks Margaret. None of this is going to be easy I know but we don't havco icehouse (unfortunately)
Wendy
Guest user
Not applicable

I really feel for you Wendy. I was clear for 21 years, and then had a new primary in the same breast. I actually went into shock mid-biopsy and had to return the next day so they could complete the tests. Am finding things much harder second time round. I know things don't look too good, but am still keeping my fingers crossed that things go well on Friday.
Cyberhugs,
Margaret

Well not good news for me although I really don't know for sure.
Consultant says he is pretty sure it is BC. Apparently they score it 1-5 , 1 being no chance it is BC and 5 being almost certain.
i have had a mammogram and ultrasound and also 3 core biopsies. Mammogram showed a score of 3/4, ultrasound 4 and consultant from examination a 4/5. It is also quite large 5-6 cms so my head is all over the place.
appointment Friday for results but he has told me to prepare myself for the worst.
Not sure I can do this all over again.

Hoping its good news for you xxx
KQ
x

Good luck Wendy,hope its good news,
Di.x

just read your post Wendy. Like Val I can't reassure you but just wishing you all the very best for tomorrow. Hope everything is ok. Let us know how u get on.
Mandy xx

Thanks Val. The waiting is hell. Have resigned myself to the fact it is back and good news will be wonderful. Have been into hospital in February as they thought I had Ovarian cancer so ovaries removed but histology came back clear so this has just topped my year off really.
Can't wait for tomorrow to be over now
x x

Sorry cannot help here Wendy but just wishing yu all the best for tomorrow. The Breast Clinic are the best people to deal with your problem. It may be nothing at all to worry about but you must go to have it checked just to be safe. Let us know how you get on tomorrow. Val

Hi Wendy,

Sorry you haven't had any replies as yet, but I am sure your fellow forum users will soon be here to help. If you have time in the morning before your appointment the helpline team are only a free phone call away if you need a chat. 0808 800 6000. Lines open at 9am.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Worried after 14 years BC free

Hi
Does anybody know what the chances are that a new lump (other breast) is BC again after 14 years. Assume the odds are higher than the normal 90% of being harmless. GP just says increased risk !
Really worried -appointment Monday at Breast clinic
Wendy