Worried again

Was just wondering when you have a biopsy arnt they suppose to pit the needle where the lump is as iv had one today and they took it in a different part of breast thought I would be able to come back from breast clinic and be worried free but nope even though they said scan was clear y does my right breast look and feel like I have had a boob job and y do I have a lump x

Hello again Mummytash…

The biopsy takes cells from the lump so that the consultants can determine what the lump is! The tenderness you feel is as a result of the biopsy you have had. It is another part of the screening process.

It does not remove the lump. Why you have a lump, I can’t say.

You can do nothing until the results are through, why don’t you ring the helpline here tomorrow, they will talk you through all your concerns.

Hi again yer just found the number gonna ring tomorrow but where she put the needle is not where my lump is :frowning: x

Dear mummytash

I’d just like to echo what Sommer said about ringing the helpline. Do give them a call- they can offer you information and support. They’re open 9-5 on weekdays and 9-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Thank you I will be ringing then 1st thing in morning my head feels like it’s going to exspload hate feeling like this x

Mummytash,

I thought that about my lump too, however, this is why we have to go to the professionals and we have to place our trust in them, they will have placed the needle in the lump, don’t you worry. If the needle mark is nowhere near the lump, believe me, it will have reached it, this is why they use the scan machine for guidance and these people do know what they are doing.

I am sure your mind is wandering off on a tangent from worry, call the helpline here, they are brilliant and explain all your concerns to them, you will get some reassurance.