Worried for my fiancée only 24

Hi

I am really concerned about my wife to be (2 months) she is only 24 and broke the news to me that she might have IBC yesterday and have not been able to think straight since.

The doctor prescribed her antibiotics last week as it seems the most common practice in the health industry. She said to me two days ago that nothing has changed and telephoned the doctor who has referred her to get a biopsy I think next week. But only today she mentioned that the swelling has reduced.

My main question is.

Does the antibiotics have any affect with IBC?

Dear Ricky12345

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  This must be a really difficult time for you both.

As well as the support you will find on this forum, it might help to give our helpline a call to talk things over.  They can offer practical information and emotional support.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Rickie, sorry you have found yourselves in this awful position, most ladies are give antibiotics at first, but if it is IBC they don’t make any difference as it is not an infection, hopefully if the swelling has gone down a little it could be mastitis, however the only way to rule out IBC is by biopsys, Please let us know how she is getting on