Worried re: second recall for breast screen

Hi,
I’m new to this site and over the past week I have been reading some of the posts. I had a routine mammogram 2 week ago and was called back for the second stage screening - my appointment is tomorrow. I spoke to one of the breast care nurses today at the hospital and she advised that I’ve been recalled for both breasts. My right due to dense thickening and lymph nodes near the milk ducts. My left due to ‘markable’ calcification and I think she also said thickening too. My head was a bit fuzzy when she had told me both breasts, so wasn’t taking everything in.
I’ve been told in the past that my left breast is lumpy, so when I went for the routine mammogram, I told the radiographer yet his, but also explained I was having symptoms in my left breast mainly, which were: swelling, pain and very hot to touch. These symptoms were also present in my right, but not as bad as the left. The mammogram on the right breast was uncomfortable, but on the left, the pain was unbearable. To the point of near screaming out in agony.
I am so worried about tomorrow, as I have a family history of breast cancer. My mums sister died of breast cancer, aged 63 and her daughter, aged 45. I’m now 46 years old.
Is there any advice anybody could give me, to try and ease my mind between now and tomorrow.
thanks
DebsB

Hi DebsB

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty worrying time at the moment. I’m sure some of the users will be along to offer you their support and advice soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Just wanted to wish you good luck for your appointment tomorrow xxx

Hi Debs
I hope the appointment goes ok. Waiting is the worst thing and it’s so hard not to worry and stress. Fingers crossed for you x

Thank you so much Gaynor,
I’m trying to keep busy!!!
Debbie xx