Worried, scared... Newbie

Hi I’m 23 years old I found a lump in my left breast around August last year was back and forth at doctors and only in February this year they referred me to breast clinic which I go too on Wednesday 20th March! I’m worried and scared and not sure what to expext…
Can anyone tell me what to expect at your firsvisit to breast clinic?

Thanks, Kerry

Hi Kerry, it’s a scary time isn’t it? i saw a nurse first who had a good feel around, then had a mammogram, then ultrasound, then biopsy. They told me that they expected the results to show cancer which was a huge shock, i went back a week later to have this confirmed. I was there about 3 hours. My one piece of advice would be to take someone with you for support, it can be v emotional! Good luck xx

Dear Kerry, welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support here please feel free to call our helpliners for further support and a listening ear on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the ‘Worried about breast cancer’ page where you will find a publication about referral to a breast clinic which you can download:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=promo\_content&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy

Thanks zuzy It is a scary experience it’s the wait leading up to the appointment and not knowing what to expect! Thanks for advice will post how I get on! Take care xxx

hi kerry
as zuzy says, an examination, mamogram, then biopsy but while they are having a look i found my nurses to be very honest and straight talking, there was no going round the houses they said it as it was. having said that, they were the nicest group of people i have ever had, nothing was too much trouble. You need someone with you even if its just to listen for you.
good luck.
angie x

All I can add to what’s already been said is if you have any questions or concerns, ask! And make sure you get the number of someone you can call if any questions come up after you’ve left (which so often happens!).
Hope you get on OK x