Worried,shocked,scared,confused....all the above i am

Hi, my mum was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, she was in for the op last tuesday, where they removed the lump and some node/glandes, today she was back for results…

Diagnosed with stage 1 cancer, theyve removed the main concern, but found it had spread to one of the node/glandes, she now to start chemotherapy in august…

My head is all over the place just now, sorry, i know its good that theyve caught it early, but seems bad that the results are what they are

CPM, any diagnosis of cancer is a crappy result.

We can’t give you any specifics to help ease your fears as you haven’t said a great deal yet, but we can certainly try to give you as much support as possible.

hi,

I sometimes think the worry for relatives can be worse than the worry for the person with BC. Ok physically they are the ones that have to go though all the treatment, but having a plan and the feeling that something is being done helps the anxiety. For those just looking on it can all be very worrying and confusing.

As choccie muffin said, there are so many different types of cancer that it is hard to comment on your mums case but to me Grade 1 sounds very encouraging, and 1 lymph node rather than lots of lymph nodes sounds good.

Chemo therapy sounds very frightening, but I understand there are lots of different chemotherapy treatments some more arduous than others. I am sure some of the women having that treatment will be on soon.

Or you could ring up the helpline tomorrow, they are their for ralatives too and can answer any questions